need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fathead

Reaction score
Ok so new here ty for all info from reading so far. I'm starting a indoor garden for the 1st time in yrs need some one to look over my idea. 5 five gal smart pots rabbit hill farm organic soil has furts and mutes in it. I'm going to use 6 clf lights high watt and lumens of course and build my own tent with a induct fan at bottom and exhast at top. I need to know what light cycle I need to use high for seed in,beg and flower I appreciate all help.

icon1.gif
Ok so new here ty for all info from reading so far. I'm starting a indoor garden for the 1st time in yrs need some one to look over my idea. 5 five gal smart pots rabbit hill farm organic soil has furts and mutes in it. I'm going to use 6 clf lights high watt and lumens of course and build my own tent with a induct fan at bottom and exhast at top. I need to know what light cycle I need to use high for seed in,beg and flower I appreciate all help.

I run 24-0 for seedlings and vegging, and 12-12 for flower....

This question was answered in your other thread....

24/0 until flower, then 12/12. Unless you are growing autos in which case it is 24/0 the entire life cycle.

Good luck!

-SSF

Yu say yer going to build yer own tent and use 6 high output CFLs to light it? How big are you planning to build yer tent and how much bud you looking to get?

Let me be the first to say that while CFL lighting will work to grow MJ, its not the most efficient lighting for producing quality bud. However big you are going to make yer tent, you need to have a minimum of 3000lumens per sqft for veg and 5000lumens per sqft for flowering. As floros don't have good penetration, you will see the plants stretch out bad as they reach for the light energy that they need to grow and produce. You will end up haveing toadd extra lighting as the plants grow so that you can keep strong light all around the plants. This will create heat problems as CFL tend to produce a lot of heat.

I would recommend that you use T5HO lights for vegging as they are more efficient and then switch to HPS lights for flowering.

I also recommend that you get a good quality centrifugal fan and connect it to the exaust(at the top of the tent) to pull the heat out of the room and allow cool, fresh air to be pulled in passively(at the bottom of the tent).

I am not a soil guy but I am happey to help you in any way I can, just ask. You can also PM me if you want to talk directly to me. :)

You want to do all this work and use CFLs??????????????

:doh:

OGKushman said:
You want to do all this work and use CFLs??????????????

:doh:

Yeah that's what I was thinking myself but didn't want the CFL Mafia to come break my legs for dissing CFL's.:p

Well not alot of money to throw up for lighting and I was not to sure about the size of the tent probly around 5 ft tall and and 4x6 and moving the lights up as they grow. Plus need to keep my energy bill down any suggestion

4x6=24 sq feet

6 CFLs @ 4500lumens is 27,000 lumens this is just over 1,000 lum/sq.ft. Your plants will cost you more money to grow then it would be to just go buy some weed.

To properly light that area you will need 30 CFLs.

Best suggestion ever -----------> get a 400 watt HPS "Budget Grow light" from HTG SUPPLY and get a 4x4 tent

Fathead you need 3000 lumens a sqr foot in veg and 5000 a sqr foot in flower....those are minimums. You will spend more money in the long run trying to use CFL's. Listen to OG...budget 400w HPS will do you much better.
Growing MJ ain't cheap...money has to be put into lights and ventilation. Those are usually the most costly but also the most important. Jmo

Make it tall as you can say 7 ft. You will thank me later.

Fathead that is the 400w setup I hve....no frills but it does the job well. It was my first HPS setup. I graduated to a 600w digital ballast setup with a cool tube. Let me cruise eBay real quick and see if I see any better deals.

Ok thanks for the help hamster I really appreciate it as this is my diet real indoor. Most have been outdoor let mother nature do her thing.

eBay has a 600w HPS, cool tube, digi ballast 188 shipped.

ebay.com/itm/600w-600-watt-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-System-Set-Premium-Kit-/160643087402?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item256712fc2a#ht_6058wt_1242

I saw a cpl 400W setups like the one at HTGsupply for as low as 137 shipped.

This is one hobby where you just can't skimp on the basics....lights, vent and nutes (even genetics, really)...do it right the first time so you don't have to start over after a likely disappointing harvest. I'd bet most on here have equipment we wished we'd never thrown money away on, I know I do.

Latest posts

Back