Need some light cycle refresher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxom

Reaction score
It's been years since I've grown anything. Right now I'm in the planning stages of building a scrog cabinet. While reviewing scrog on YouTube, there are a few questions I have, that I've forgotten about over the years. The first bit has to do with manipulating the light I use. Whether I just use LST methods of filling the screen or if I top that plant at least once or twice, I don't want the plant growing too fast until the screen is about 80-90% full. I use to keep my clones under 24/0 lighting. Once moved to the grow/flower chamber I'd be using an 18/6 lighting regiment. It's the placement I'm wondering about. I'll be using Mars Hydro TSW-2000, with a recommended 16"-18" minimum distance from the tops of the plants. Until the screen is nearly full how far should I keep the lights away from the tops? I'm thinking somewhere around 24". This will cause the plants to stretch, but I want them to do that as I train the bud sites to the screen. What has your experience been if you grow using the scrog method?

The Mamas and The Papas! Great music! But it applies here too. Eventually, I'll want to start a breeding program. To achieve this I'll need an area to keep the mothers and fathers in a state of stasis. Alive, but not growing very much. This can be done by limiting what fertilizers I use and what light I use and how long it's one per day. I've asked this in other forums recently, what type of light would you recommend for this chamber inside my grow cabinet? Suggestions on feeding the parents?

Parents... If all your looking for is keeping them alive consider t5's. There are enough led types out there. Break it off like it's hot. (Joking) - I'm getting into the mars hydro lighting game for christmas. - Nice present for myself.

Latest posts

Back