Need Startup info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Risorsk

me and my friend are starting our own system we want the maximize yield and budget we have a average room (dont know the measurements) probly like 10x10 or something. We have about 1000$ and 2 1000 hps sodium lights he got from work.the system should be custom dont feel like ordering one from online. up till now we have grown in soil so not only do we need the system but some advice.

Help us with our dream machine!!

hehe i notcied the design and setup forum mabe this is more designed for that can you move it for me admin ?

Risorsk said:
hehe i notcied the design and setup forum mabe this is more designed for that can you move it for me admin ?
It has been moved. :D

Let me first say that I tried to start the way you are(DIY without ordering online) with very little success. I couldn't find anything anyone suggested using. When you say system I'm assuming you mean hydro. Aeroponics will probably give you your best yield. You can build the system yourself but getting all the parts offline is what will have you throwed. If you don't want to order online how will you get grow medium( hydroton etc., nutrients, PH meter, TDS meter, net pots?(hopefully you have a hydro store near because a lot of things can only be purchased from hydro shops) I have a hydro shop within a 30 min drive.
$1000 is a great start. You say you have two 1000 watt HPS. Does that mean you have the 1000 w bulbs and ballasts or just the bulbs? If you have the ballasts what type are they? You say 10x10 what is the height? Need more answers to be able to answer your question.
1. Does the room have CHA or will you need to cool it?
2. How much time do you have to devote to your grow?
3. What type of water is in your area (city,well, etc.)?
4. Do you have ballasts that give off exessive heat?
Answering these questions should give everyone more info they need to better assist you.

Dont Drink Heinikin Drink HIGHAGAIN

we have no problem ordering plant food and the ph tester and stuff online we just would prefer to get the main things offline for a cheaper price.
im not sure of the height lets say its 8-10 ft the bulbs dont have ballasts im looking for those too
1. the house has ac so the temp will be easy to regulate
2. lots but were looking for the biggest yield in the smallest time
3. city, were planning on getting some type of purifire im not sure if it will help but with as many as were growing the water we could get is 25Cents a gallon distilled or purified so we have to go with city.
4. no stilll looking for ballasts for them the ones we have wont work well.

Gotta agree with noob on this---

I did my very first grow last year and I was going to attempt the DIY route. All I can say is I am SO glad I didn't. You would probably be suprised at how much more inexpensive a beginner/starter hydro system can be if ordered online. Think of all the running around and work you will save yourself by simply having it delivered to your door.

Remember, hydro needs a lot of environmental control, so you should save your time and energy for equipping your space with proper ventilation (a MUST with 1000w lights), as well as with proper insulation (and stealth, if necessary). Check out the "Eurogrower" on just about any major hydro site that sells complete systems. There are even more inexpensive and smaller ones that cost less and are easily maintained.
Trust me, if you're just starting, start small and work into it slowly with a couple of "learning' grows. Check out Green coast hydro and Discount Hydro (DH) online. There are a myriad of others, and just shop around. Believe me, you'll find just what you need, it will be delivered to your door, and you will be very happy that you did---
Let us know how you make out--

Most Ballasts you buy will come with bulbs. So those others will probably be extras. I would really order a system. This link is the national wholesaler of hydro products. Put in your zip and find a store near you. The shops are supposed to ask for ID but all of them don't. They usually have free catalogs to give out also.
http://www.nationalgardenwholesale.com/detail.php?id=04_HG&prod=1620
Check that one out. It's easily expandable. You say the house has A/C so the temps will be easy to regulate. NOT SO unless the plants are the only ones staying there. With the colder months coming, if you are living in the same house with plants, you probably won't be using the A/C. How will you cool the plant room then? The rest of your house will be freezing while that room is warm. Kind of like when you go to the kitchen to cook. Think about how it heats up in there for that time it takes to cook. Remember the lights will be on 18-24 hrs during veg and 12 hrs during flower.
Before you start planting a bunch of plants you need to get your environmental conditions to an optimum level. Hell who wants to plant 100 beans and get 5 females? Go small and work your way up.

What type of MJ are you growing? Bagseed, Doc Chronic, etc.
The strain will determine your grow time.
If you're looking for a big yielder try Big Bud line of seeds. I've heard they are big producers.
Your yield depends on you. You determine the growing conditions and those directly affect your yield. There are several articles written on Maximizing your Yield but their are lots of varying opinions on the issue.
Trying to build your dream machine could easily turn into a nightmare.
The system I'm using cost less than $80 on eBay. The lights $300, fan $140, hood w/glass & all fitting(piping included) $300, mylar $50, portable A/C $200, and miscellaneous(nutes,pens,medium) $200. This is just a rough estimate of what I have in my system already.
As you can see I didn't spend the most on my system it's all the environmental things that get you unless you go aeroponics.

U NO IVE READ ALOT ABOUT HOW MANY LUMENS U NEED OF LIGHT TO EVERY SQAURE INCH OF SEA OF GREEN U HAVE(SOMETHING LIKE THAT)ID JUST LIKE TO NO A SIMPLE LIGHT THAT WOULD WORK WELL FOR ABOUT 8 PLANTS NORTYHERN LIGHTS?HOW ABOUT A 400WATT hidTO GO FROM SEEDLING TO BIG BUDS?WITH A REFLECTOR NO ?YES?I DONT EVEN NO WHAT IM TALKN ABOUT DO I?

ok this is how we are setting it up any suggestions would be good thanks.

We decided to do an ebb-n-flow type system we bought the controller and the 5g buckets this week we got the medium for it and everything. the pics are of how its layed out theres currently 30 buckets setup but were startingwith 10 i think. the closet in the backround were using for a cloning room, and the 50 gall resov. this week were getting our flours to start cloning off the current plants we have. were also getting a lamp that has hps/mh i believe or something like that then were goint to add a couple more lights as we expand cause there so costly. were putting reflective stuff (like mylar i think) from the ground till the lights and under the buckets.Were planning on getting a fan/filter and adding it to the room soon once we start. and the last thing we will add is co2 unfortunate but we will have it a short time after we start.

Latest posts

Back