Need to change light cycle....help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roddy

OK, so call it lack of planning, a :stoned: :stoned: moment or whatever, I have to change my flowering light cycle from going off now to coming on now...D'OH! I have a gal that's in bud for 3 weeks and 2 that are a week in...how's the best way to change this and not screw up the plants?

So we understand, I need to change my on time from 7am to 7pm and change my off time from 7pm to 7am......:confused2: :confused2:

the next time your lights go out leave them out until your desired on time and then adjust your timers accordingly, an extra 12 of dark will do no harm.

That the best way to do it. Just extend the dark period

In my considered and expert opinion, you should give them an extra long dark period.

Pay NO attention to those Noobs that posted above.

:ignore: :ignore: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You KNOW I'm just yanking their crank, the advice is spot on.:goodposting: from both.

Wet

Yeah, almost like 24 hrs of dark before the light.:doh:

Wow! That sounds so Genesis'ey.:hubba:

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!! ......... But, only after an extended dark.:bolt:

Wet

My wife confiscated my Bourbon bottle. How rude!!!!!:angrywife: :angrywife:

Wetdog said:
My wife confiscated my Bourbon bottle. How rude!!!!!:angrywife: :angrywife:

:holysheep: Grounds for DIVORCE

I've heard of people adding an hour of darkness on one side, and adding an hour of light on the other side each day, for 12 days.... (I.e 7 am on, 6 pm off, 6 am on, 5 pm off and so forth until 7 am is 7 pm!)Essentially you'd be running a 23 hour day instead of 24, for a period of 12 days... idk if this is stressful as it slowly converts the time... I'd bet holding 24 hrs of darkness would cause some gnarly stretch, but I'm fairly a newb myself... Just an idea Rod!

Wetdog said:
That sounds so Genesis'ey.:hubba:

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!! ......... But, only after an extended dark.:bolt:

Wet
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gixxerman420 said:
. I'd bet holding 24 hrs of darkness would cause some gnarly stretch, but I'm fairly a newb myself... Just an idea Rod!

How much stretch could you possibly get in 24 hrs?... an inch?..2 ?... ;)

Wetdog said:

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!! ......... But, only after an extended dark.

GENESIS!!!!

Go and find a dark corner for a lie down!!!!!!!
Admitting you are familiar enough with they work to be able to say something sounds "genesis'ey" is about the UNCOOLEST thing I have ever heard on this site!!!!
;-) peace W

Hick said:
How much stretch could you possibly get in 24 hrs?... an inch?..2 ?... ;)
12 feet! NAAAHHHH, good point Hick, just a thought! :confused: an inch or 2 too much if you ask me! :rofl: but Roddy's not exactly pressed for space either!

woodydude said:
Wetdog said:

GENESIS!!!!

Admitting you are familiar enough with they work to be able to say something sounds "genesis'ey" is about the UNCOOLEST thing I have ever heard on this site!!!!
;-) peace W
We're not talking about the music group... Talking about the biblical book of Genesis... I think:confused:

Gixxerman420 said:
woodydude said:
We're not talking about the music group... Talking about the biblical book of Genesis... I think:confused:

yep... and I recall firing up the light plant, when the "BIG guy" boomed LET THERE BE LIGHT!!... :rofl:

I switch my lighting twice every year. In the winter I run my flowering lights during the day. In the summer, I run them at night. I have never had a 24 hour dark period do any harm at all to my girls and I have done this for many many years.

woodydude said:
Wetdog said:

GENESIS!!!!

;-) peace W

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm all :confused: :confused: until I read a couple more post and realized you were talking about the group.

Then I was all :rofl: :rofl: , because trust me, Phil and the boys weren't even thought of, much less referenced.

Funny.

Wet

The Hemp Goddess said:
I switch my lighting twice every year. In the winter I run my flowering lights during the day. In the summer, I run them at night. I have never had a 24 hour dark period do any harm at all to my girls and I have done this for many many years.
seems a tested and proven method then! :D I've seen your grows and have no doubt you know what's up THG!!!;)

Latest posts

Back