need to know about topping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffxcarter

Reaction score
how many time can u cut the top of a weed plant until it gets into shock

jeffxcarter said:
how many time can u cut the top of a weed plant until it gets into shock

No more than 1/3 of the plant, but topping should never remove close to that amount.

IMO you can over top, you need to let the branches establish themselves after topping or you will end up with alot of small buds.

so basically let them grow bigger after topping will topping give me more bud?

I dont know if you will get more bud but you will have a nice two headed plant i always say 2 is better then one lol only my opinion

Topping does not necessarily translate to more bud. It will give you 2 main colas instead of 1.

jeffxcarter said:
lol true im just look for the best way to get more bud

Knowledge and experience.

There is no magic. Learn as much as you can and then optimize your growing environment--good genetics, at least 5000 lumens per sq ft, temps and humidity where they should be, correct pH and PPMs, quality nutrients, plenty of fresh air...

How tall is your grow area? That usually helps you to decide whether to top, LST or leave them alone. Variety also is a factor. Some shorter ones, like auto-flowering strains like a single main cola.

I would go with LST over topping anyday of the week, my buddy topped one plant and it seriously stunted it's growth while the 2 we did LST on have several main branches and a crap ton of budsites...

Let them grow a few nodes in between topping for best results. The idea is to get most of your nuggage up top, where the light is :bong1:

The idea of topping is to
A: turn the one top into two or more
B: allowing the lower growth to get taller
This is to allow as much of th elower bud to get as much light as possible making them bigger instead of little popcorns, and having two tops. This also generally involves removing lower growth sites that aren't getting that extra light.

Latest posts

Back