Need to Stealth my window vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oye ! As a electrician I would say a dryer vent but you need to be a little bit of a surgeon going thru brick
For exhaust leave the flapper for in ,to intake remove it and put in a screen. If I lived close I would come over and do it for you for a eclair ....
That sounds like the perfect solution. There is already a dryer vent in that room for my dryer but there is room for another one about 8 ft away and would also keep it floor level so I don’t have vent hose hanging from my window. Will certainly consider this option but will probably cost me more than an eclair to do it. Doesn’t sound to hard. May tackle it myself.

That sounds like the perfect solution. There is already a dryer vent in that room for my dryer but there is room for another one about 8 ft away and would also keep it floor level so I don’t have vent hose hanging from my window. Will certainly consider this option but will probably cost me more than an eclair to do it. Doesn’t sound to hard. May tackle it myself.
I have put 4 inch vents thru brick which is what looks like to me.
If you have some tools and open to direction I can talk you thru it.
The problem with those window vents is in the winter , and their height

you had 2 eclairs ....!

If you've already got a dryer vent in the room, why not just put in a Y fitting and run 'em both out the same vent?

When your dryer is on and exhausting warm wet air ,if your tent fan is not on at the same time you may get some backflow .A dryer needs to exhauset humid air right out with least restriction .If restricted out you dont lose the lint as well which gets wet and worsens the flow

When your dryer is on and exhausting warm wet air ,if your tent fan is not on at the same time you may get some backflow .A dryer needs to exhauset humid air right out with least restriction .If restricted out you dont lose the lint as well which gets wet and worsens the flow
I would t go thru the same line. I’m thinking about an additional one

Ahh, but if the vent fan was on, wouldn't it boost the dryer's flow?

I can see what you're aiming at, but it might not be an issue. The back flow is why I'd go for a Y fitting over a T fitting.

Just spit balling ideas here. For what little the parts would cost, I think I would try it for shits & giggles.

66A62321-65CC-4DC6-9060-E6EC70F6D637.jpeg

and there is YouTube of course to help me 😊

There are many ways to approach something like that.
Im better at putting in vents than I am youtubing about it !
Yes but I use YouTube all the time now especially when fixing up our old house up to sell it in Ga. I fixed everything on the inspection list using YouTube. Much different than submarine work but developed a lot of household skills using it. I’m so glad that folks like to post their lessons although I’m not that would either.

Can you buy a “Y” or “T” sheet metal union and hook the tent vent hose into the dryer vent hose? Something like this ?
?
56EF5218-62FF-4664-80F9-ED6B98124967.png

Latest posts

Back