Need to Stealth my window vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could use this in a piece of 4” sheet metal ducting to close off the dryer vent when not in use to prevent weed smelling clothes…
3631EFDE-51FD-4F43-94DE-B2A4729DC226.png

I was cautioned against this as heat and humidity from the dryer may find its way into the tent.
Oops. I guess you could get 2 of the dampers. I didn’t consider the back pressure piece of the puzzle.

There really is room for another vent at floor level like my dryer vent but against the other wall. Would hide my vent hose too so I could actually use my window too plus would save losing heat and cooling. So that’s the best idea yet I think. My other tent flower tent venting out the window is located in my utility room. There is no heat or AC in there. It stays pretty warm in there during the winter when the gas hot water baseboard runs. That’s why I can’t get my purple weed to turn purple…. I leave the window cracked usually all year. I have a curtain pulled in front of the tent to hide the whole thing so I’m not worried about that vent so much

They make manual shut off for AC systems that are used to balance the amount of airflow to each part of house , get the vent "Y" and install the shut off plate gate valve so you can close one while the other is in use.
1651007760489.png

Has a damper plate inside that opens and closes

They make manual shut off for AC systems that are used to balance the amount of airflow to each part of house , get the vent "Y" and install the shut off plate gate valve so you can close one while the other is in use.
View attachment 295179
Has a damper plate inside that opens and closes
I know y’all gonna engineer me up something real cool before this is all over with. I don’t think I like the (either the dryer or the tent) thing. Sure enough I would forget to turn the tent back on plus the tent runs all the time So both would have to be able to vent at the same time. I looked at the wall on that side of the house. Looks like it’s a pretty easy job to run a new vent. The picture shows my tent and the window wall I could vent to. Much less vent hose inside to deal with doing it I think.
E93F23BA-67E3-49DE-91B4-8AD5500ACC18.jpeg

I know y’all gonna engineer me up something real cool before this is all over with. I don’t think I like the (either the dryer or the tent) thing. Sure enough I would forget to turn the tent back on plus the tent runs all the time So both would have to be able to vent at the same time. I looked at the wall on that side of the house. Looks like it’s a pretty easy job to run a new vent. The picture shows my tent and the window wall I could vent to. Much less vent hose inside to deal with doing it I think.
View attachment 295184
Is there a basement or crawlspace under home
If so drill down not out through wall close to an air vent in the crawlspace

Is there a basement or crawlspace under home
If so drill down not out through wall close to an air vent in the crawlspace
Yes we do have a crawlspace. Also a great idea and much easier than drilling thru the brick I’ll bet. Don’t know if I can talk the hubby into drilling a hole in the floor tho… maybe not another dryer vent either. I’ll have to work on him a bit…. I just talked him into the new tent set up in the laundry room. I showed him those giant beautiful reefer leaves that are bursting with life yesterday and his eyes lit up. Mine did too actually that new light is a killer for my plants wow…. So if you vent under the house you Could just leave the screened outlet by one of the vents under he house…

My choice if my wife wanted to drill a 4” hole thru brick vs a wooden floor would be the floor. I am sure joeb would be a good resource for how best to do it but a wood hole saw going thru wood has to be easier than a using a carbide/Diamond hole saw to go thru masonry. Also, less heat/cool loss as you are not pumping air directly out of the house.

Yes we do have a crawlspace. Also a great idea and much easier than drilling thru the brick I’ll bet. Don’t know if I can talk the hubby into drilling a hole in the floor tho… maybe not another dryer vent either. I’ll have to work on him a bit…. I just talked him into the new tent set up in the laundry room. I showed him those giant beautiful reefer leaves that are bursting with life yesterday and his eyes lit up. Mine did too actually that new light is a killer for my plants wow…. So if you vent under the house you Could just leave the screened outlet by one of the vents under he house…
I would say yes no problem as long as it vents out right near the fresh air vent leading outside.
I have seen people vent down under home with a dryer vent and not to outside and the moist damp hot air is not good in a crawl space (mold and other nasties) but yours is LED cool and not moist like wet clothes would be.
I you wanted to be really safe install a vent right in the outside air vent and hook up the pipe from the tent .
1651013237179.png
Less than 20 bucks most places

My choice if my wife wanted to drill a 4” hole thru brick vs a wooden floor would be the floor. I am sure joeb would be a good resource for how best to do it but a wood hole saw going thru wood has to be easier than a using a carbide/Diamond hole saw to go thru masonry. Also, less heat/cool loss as you are not pumping air directly out of the house.
LOL
JoeB is an electrician Jim
Not an engineer .
In my best Bones voice to Capt Kirk

I think I may try to convince him that is the way to go. 😁

Latest posts

Back