Need your advice on leaf deficiency!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry@OCG

Reaction score
Hello, I attached a picture of a leaf that I took off an outdoor plant, which has effected about a 8 plants or so, the rest of them are fine. The plants are in 10 gallon grow bags, soil mixture is Sunshine Mix #1 (4 bales) to 1 bale of Peat Moss, lime, worm castings and slow release fertilizer (Heavy Harvest). They all get about 8 hours of sun per day, it's been avg. 26 to 30 degrees for the past 2 weeks. Could the leaf have nute burn? Or could the plants be frying in the sun without enough water. The plants were started from seed and they are approx. 6 to 8 inches tall. This is the second watering, but I feel I should have watered them a few days ago. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,

Damage.JPG

Brah, that looks hardcore. Can you get some focus on one of the spots? Might help if we could see the details esp where the healthy leaf tissue transitions to the necrosis...

Seeing that it is irregular (crosses leaf sections), my guess is either severe foliar spotting due to heavy fluid accumulation or fungal spotting. I'm thinking the latter, esp if no foliar treatments.

Total guess right now though. More info on feed rates/pH & timing might help as outside chance it is related. Finer detail on the spotting will really help as will overall shots of the plant. Best brah, sending you the green vibes.

Thanks OB, I transplanted from beer cups straight to 10 gallon bags, but I usually mix my entire soil mix on a tarp. That's when I added my slow release ferts into the soil. I used the recommended amount of nutes per square footage, the P.H. is about 5.8 according to my 'reader'. No foliar feeding, but I am hoping my ******* rinsed out a couple of used windshield washing jugs that I used to water my plants. Since my plants that are effected with the leaf problem are "here and there", I didn't think it was the jugs. I was thinking if it was the contaminated jugs, the 'sick' plants would all be together from using the water. 1 jug waters two plants and since I only used 2 jugs (windshield jugs) to water a certain section of plants and there are over 40 plants, I was thinking it must be something in the soil (too much ferts) but I really didn't add that much ferts. Anyway, I'll try to get a better close-up of the plant leaf. The picture of the leaf had been in my pocket, so edges were in good shape except for the damaged spots. Anyway, I'm sticking with rinsed out milk jugs:)

Peace

Odd, doubt the jugs contributed to that extent, unless you just dumped it & did not rinse at all...? Even still...

I've had odd foliar spotting with rapid pH swings as well, which appeared irregular to me. I'm just pissing into the wind now, so... Best brah!

Latest posts

Back