neon yellow leaves! problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

im into the 5th week of flowering, everthing looks great except these neon yellow leaves on a couple plants... the temp is pretty high, could that be a problem? i have co2, humidity is at 40, ph level is great... hps 1000...

let me klnow whats up? Thanks!

Well which leaves. The top or the bottom. If it's the bottom, it's something in your soil. If it's the top, it's your light. Also, what is the temp of the room.

hi dude , have had simular prob ..before , you prob right in that temp is too high
and leaves are whilting .
check water temp is not too high , as root damage occures over 26'c and nute
uptake stops.
change tank water more often helped me...:)

its the water leaves basically top and bottom too!!

The temp in there at peak, has to be in the 100's! at some points its lower but it is pretty dam hott.. the water temp is cool... so basically, its the heat issue?

In the 100's?!? Yeah, thats a heat problem. How are you venting the room?

with just a fan..... I probrally need a portable ac in there.. no doubt? i can olny imagine the summer! haha! damm... but all the other 6 plants look pretty good.. i do have a 1000 watt hps, and its hooked up to a 6"fan.. but thats not cooling enough at all... ****! if i cool it, will the leaves go back?

Try hooking a fan up to the light on both sides of it...one pulling air and one pushing air. Vent this outside of your grow space. You could also get a squirrel cage fan to vent your light with, very powerful and not too expensive. Do you have an exhaust(air blowing out of the top of the growroom) and a fresh air intake(air blowing into the bottom of your growroom)? If not, you should make some...helps alot!

Well after you fix the problem, the damaged leaves wont go back, but further damage wont occur.

ok.. i have the 6" fansucking air from outside, thorough a duct into one side of the light.. then the other side ehausts out of the room.... so theres no fresh atr getting into the room.. but there is co2.. so im thinking a porable ac? and a room fan?

kushmaster5000 said:
Hello,

im into the 5th week of flowering, everthing looks great except these neon yellow leaves on a couple plants... the temp is pretty high, could that be a problem? i have co2, humidity is at 40, ph level is great... hps 1000...

let me klnow whats up? Thanks!

Coming into your 5th week of flower your plants lower leaves and some mid range will yellow. This is absolutely normal. Your plant is not interested in nitrogen anymore as you can see from the nute mixes used with flower. Just leave them alone and they will fall off.

Now as to your temperature that HOT won't help anything and it won't cause just one problem but several. If your running Co2 then you want to keep your temperatures between 78-85 degrees, That's the saving grace for Co2 users is we can absorb a little more heat yet there can be problems. Besides the obvious temperature stress, your heating your nutes to a dangerous level opening yourself up to lots of bacteria, and other problems. Your plants will shut down in several ways.

Get your temps down. Vent a light, put in a fan or 2, put in an A/C unit if it will help. Once your temps are reasonable you will have a better chance at diagnosing issues.

But the leaves turning yellow is very normal, when things are balanced.

Awesome info DLA... i will do that for sure! infact today!!

im getting an AC, and 2 household blowfans... its a must to lower the temp!!

Latest posts

Back