Nervana shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamo

Reaction score
Hi guys
i've placed an order for white widow seeds on nirvana shop
here are some details.

Date Status
2014-10-17 Shipped
2014-10-15 Ready to be shipped
2014-10-14 Packaging department
2014-10-13 Paid

so i wanna ask

when should i receive this package ??
considering that the package destination is the middle east.

I don't have a clue. I can tell you that the last package I got from Attitude took 2 weeks after they shipped it to reach the western US. I think that was the longest it ever took before. But I would think that 10-14 days is about normal for international mail.

well i think that shipping to the states is way faster than shipping to the rest of the world especially our region "the middle east"
wish me luck dear

I just received my order
Great discreet packaging
very fast shipping which took almost 9 days since the payment's been done
received 5 whitewidows and 10 freebies
the white widows seem lighter in color than the freebies
the freebies including 2 or 3 dead seeds
they are almost white in color
i`ve heard that the seeds should be dark brown
but the whitewidows are close to be yellowish brown
is it Okay ???
coz i am new with seeds and i need help
thanks

Don't know what you mean by "dead"? Seeds can look about any way and still be viable. Umbra is right--pop a few.

did that 24 hours ago
used the paper towel method
checked it today
the seed color changed from white to almost brown
but no root yet "not sprouted"
will check again in 5 hours or something
and thanks again for help

I wouldn't keep checking every 5 hours, lol. Give it 5 days or so.

I gave up on the paper towel method. Ruined too many tap roots during transplanting. Now, I just pop `em right into the soil. Works just as good for me. try it.

I gave up on the paper towel method. Ruined too many tap roots during transplanting. Now, I just pop `em right into the soil. Works just as good for me. try it.

i would like to thank you for this advice
will try it

I wouldn't keep checking every 5 hours, lol. Give it 5 days or so.

unfortunately i i`ve already checked it before i got your message
however
i can tell right now that it started to sprout
Thanks a lot for your advice all
it is my first experience and the first time is always the hardest one
but it wont be hard as soon as i am getting help by an experienced helpful people like you folks..

also for my future reference
i will buy pure afghan seeds
but i wanna get a good collection of seeds
so whats your advice for the best seeds to buy in addition to the afghan seeds !?

so whats your advice for the best seeds to buy in addition to the afghan seeds !?

That all depends on your goals/needs

I personally do not see a reason to have a collection of seeds, especially for a new grower. I think that you will want to get a few grows under your belt and then you can decide on adding other strains. I always recommend buying new strains based on the kind of high you like. However, the size of your grow space will also dictate to some degree what you are able to grow. For instance, I believe that some of the Pure Landrace strains can be quite tall and willowy plants.

So we know that you have WW seeds started, tell us about your grow space--how big it is, what lights you are using, the medium you plan on using (this is very important), and any other pertinent stuff you can think of.

the grow space is small
i use florescent 50-100W i don't mind using tall strains but would prefer it short
i`ll grow 2 seeds at the same time no more
i also want the highest THC level per seed coz i wanna extract some BHO

A 50-100W fluorescent is not going to be enough to handle any kind of sativa dominant strain or anything that is going to get too large. That wattage is going to limit you to a very very small space. The strain is only a little part of the equation. If you do not have adequate light and keep your space dialed in, you are not going to get much regardless of the strain. Unfortunately, if you are wanting to grow more than 1 very small plant that yields anything, you are going to have to upgrade your lighting quite a bit. What you will get from the 50-100W of fluoro is going to be very limited, regardless of anything else positive you do. There is not way to overcome lot enough lighting. Yield and potency is directly related to your lighting.

what about 200W regular bulb ?
what is the average Watts should i start with ?
PS
i can plant it in the balcony
baring in mind that the weather here is Mediterranean and it is sunny almost all the year
thanks

The lighting you need depends on the size of your space. However there are only certain kinds of lights that work well for growing and regular light bulbs are not one of them. If you are serious about this, I would recommend getting away from fluorescents altogether. While they will grow bud, you just need a ton of them to be adequately lit.
If you are serious you are going to need to step up to HID lighting or a good quality LED. Right now, HPS lighting is still cheaper than LEDs, but LEDs have come a long long way in the last 5 years or so. A 400W HPS will adequately cover a space 9-10 sq ft. You would need about 800 watts of CFL lighting to equal the light from a 400W HPS. I would not go below a 400W light.

This is not an inexpensive hobby if you are growing indoors. Marijuana is a high energy plant and does have certain requirements that must be met. Adequate lighting is one of the most critical things in your grow--your yield will be directly tied to your yield. A single CFL, even a large one is only going to be good enough for when they are very small.

We have a Sticky in the Beginner Forum that has links to some basic grow books. I would recommend that you read a few to understand the needs of cannabis and the requirements for a grow space. Unfortunately if you do not have the money or a place to set up a small dedicated space, it is going to prove very hard to have a decent crop at the end of your 4 months of hard work.

I do not know much at all about LEDs, but I am kind of looking for something for a small grow--probably around 32 x 36". PJ directed to a 700W LED. I doubt that those smaller wattages are going to work. However, I am asking advise because I know nothing about what to look for in an LED.

Latest posts

Back