Nevada collects $7.49M in taxes on marijuana industry in September

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From The Las Vegas Review Journal
Nevada collects $7.49M in taxes on marijuana industry in September
NevadaInfoGraphic1-640x474-1.png

By Wade Tyler Millward / Las Vegas Review-Journal
November 28, 2018

The state collected $7.49 million in taxes from the local marijuana industry in September, according to a Department of Taxation statement Wednesday.

September marked the end of the first quarter of the fiscal year, bringing year-to-date collections to $23.48 million, a 77 percent increase year over year.

The state saw $124.77 million in retail marijuana sales during the first quarter, a 40 percent increase year over year. This brought the state $12.48 million in retail marijuana tax. Medical card holders do not pay tax on the marijuana they buy.

About 80 percent of those retail sales were in Clark County. Washoe County accounted for 16 percent of sales. All other counties combined accounted for 5 percent of sales.

The wholesale marijuana tax of 15 percent paid by cultivators brought $11 million to the state during the first quarter, more than double the amount year over year.

The marijuana industry saw sales of $146.7 million through the quarter on all marijuana-related items subject to tax.

The state projects $69.4 million in tax revenue for fiscal year 2019, which means $370 million in recreational marijuana sales.

Marijuana-related fees, penalties and assessments have led to over $5 million so far this fiscal year.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busin...s-on-marijuana-industry-in-september-1537826/

They make it so easy in Las Vegas to get weed now. Like this 24 hour dispensary with a drive thru. No wonder they are collecting so much money in taxes from it. ha ha

Are the sellers govt agencies or private enterprise ? Here in Nova Scotia the only place to buy legal weed is the provincial Liquor stores.

Banks give dispensaries a cold shoulder making it hard for them to do business, but sure don't seem to have a problem with that municipality money.

Hey bluegrasser, are you fairly close to that oak island where they are doing that TV show?

Hey bluegrasser, are you fairly close to that oak island where they are doing that TV show?
Its about hour and half drive. On my mums' side -- she was a MacInnis, we are directly related to Daniel MacInnis who found the original pit. I forget how many grandfathers ago but i think they found tbat pit around 1759 C. Its beautiful country down there.

Wow! Very interesting Bluegrass. :) The dispensaries in the US are private businesses.

It's the only way Justine would legalize it. Has to be controlled and distributed by provincial likker outlets.

They sell alcohol like that in Utah. You have to go to a State outlet to buy it the last time I was there.

They sell alcohol like that in Utah. You have to go to a State outlet to buy it the last time I was there.

Yep same here. They have to control and collect revenue on booze too. There are some wineries and cidaries that can sell.

Its about hour and half drive. On my mums' side -- she was a MacInnis, we are directly related to Daniel MacInnis who found the original pit. I forget how many grandfathers ago but i think they found tbat pit around 1759 C. Its beautiful country down there.
I'm watching the new season with great anticipation that the technology and efforts will reveal some tremendous information. Recently found was a cross bow bolt which may date back as far as 1000.

I'm watching the new season with great anticipation that the technology and efforts will reveal some tremendous information. Recently found was a cross bow bolt which may date back as far as 1000.

If they reveal too much too soon it would wind-up their show :)

If they reveal too much too soon it would wind-up their show :)
Yes but also must continue to find something or lack of interest would also wind up the show. At some point everything needs to draw to some conclusion. That's what I am patiently waiting for.

Yes but also must continue to find something or lack of interest would also wind up the show. At some point everything needs to draw to some conclusion. That's what I am patiently waiting for.

Oh cmon now we can be patient for another 100 years cant we ? ;). With another season in the works, they can spread the suspense out til the last episode then hit us with bomeshell news and a request to tune in next season. I think they've dug up more questions than answers so far.

Oh cmon now we can be patient for another 100 years cant we ? ;). With another season in the works, they can spread the suspense out til the last episode then hit us with bomeshell news and a request to tune in next season. I think they've dug up more questions than answers so far.

Your right, but I just got to believe that there is a genuine desire on their part to know definitively and document! Not to mention the logistics and MONEY. All the questions they keep raising tells me that little Island might have been the busiest place on earth throughout many ages, and why there??o_O I do have to record and watch later. They drag horribly and are eaten up with commercials. But I record almost everything so I can Zap commercials.

Your right, but I just got to believe that there is a genuine desire on their part to know definitively and document! Not to mention the logistics and MONEY. All the questions they keep raising tells me that little Island might have been the busiest place on earth throughout many ages, and why there??o_O I do have to record and watch later. They drag horribly and are eaten up with commercials. But I record almost everything so I can Zap commercials.

Wow you got it baaaaad ! There seems to be an unlimited supply of backing money for this venture/ reality show. I see the big project now is building the coffer dam at Smiths Cove so they can drain it. Which will lead to more questions and puzzles. I seem to remember a similiar island and supposed treasure was found a few years ( i THINK off the New Englad coast ). Same sytems of flood-tunnels, platforms, coconut fibers etc.
I think Oak Island will always hold and keep more secrets then we'll ever know.
Old Gramp MacInnis really kicked a hornets nest when he and his pal first started digging couple hundred years ago.

I do have it bad! How someone could build such an elaborate system so long ago and for 200 years and all our technology, no one can definitively say what happened, why, or find the loot? I'm glad they have funding but after awhile people will just lose interest and quit watching.

I do have it bad! How someone could build such an elaborate system so long ago and for 200 years and all our technology, no one can definitively say what happened, why, or find the loot? I'm glad they have funding but after awhile people will just lose

For over 200 years people have been enthralled with Oak Island, some have died trying to solve a puzzle that might be older than recorded history. Only the Shadow knows ....... maybe the whole crew just needs to relax and unwind with a bowl so they can think freely :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back