New at cloning, any advice would be appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday SA , Agree on all , although I have taken 20 clones off a plant and tried clones dipped in nute water , used rooting gel , rooting powder , honey and some I put straight into the soaked rockwool .To see what worked best all worked I could not find a winner .

QB, some people just excel at cloning, and it sounds like you are one of those. It is just such a wonderful talent to have!

8858B41D-5EDC-4D5C-8B0E-7310AACC2576.jpeg
Looks like I’ve got a little action going here. Tiny little roof showing.

Two things to add here:
Rockwool should be preconditioned before use by soaking it in water and ph adjusting the soaking solution to about 6.5 before use. Rockwool as purchased has an elevated pH. It is not ideal. Shake the cubes out afterwards to get excess water off.
The other thing is that if you're going to dip the shoots in anything immediately after cut, the best solution imvho is actually dip n grow diluted to about half the strength it recommends on the bottle, and leaving the cut in it for a few minutes. It absorbs well and has fungicidal properties.
I've never had comparable results with gels. And if you pre soak in water and then go to a gel, you are kind of shooting yourself in the foot in terms of absorption. An already-wet sponge doesn't hold much soap ;)
I PH’d the cubes but had the cuts in water for at least 30min of travel so I think that’s a major issue but I did have a little white root pop out today so that’s exciting.

QB, some people just excel at cloning, and it sounds like you are one of those. It is just such a wonderful talent to have!
I have had my share of failures when I first started , I found you need to enjoy the process do all the little things , do your prep ,treat them with respect and chill don't panic , let them do their thing .

I have a question for you guys,
Have any of you ever dipped your clones into honey then into cinnamon powder to rooting your clones before?

I saw a guy doing that on a youtube video and it worked really well too!.

I have never tried that before but I remember as a kid growing up my grandmother use to do that and it always worked.

One day I should give that a try whenever I get around to it one day!.

I also remember my grandmother using a leaf right off her aloe plant to as a cloning gel to rooting to as well and making your own willow water from the branches off a weeping willow trees branches.

I do know those are very old school but they all do work really well.

However,
Is there any other alternatives that can be used for cloning besides rooting powders and rooting gels and the methods that I have just talked about here???

[EDIT]
Sorry for my typos my cellphone is working agenst me lol
CK

Last edited:
I am very sure that all works very well but still have never tried any of those methods before.

Especially the one using Soy sauce and lemon juice or some other crazy things like that but I have never tried any of them so I have no idea if some of those will work with cloning cannabis plants.

To NENugs, if you have to travel with cuts, instead of holding them in straight water, bring some very weak rooting solution with you for the drive. If they have already taken in as much water as they need by the time you dip them, the hormone uptake won't be as efficient.

Well you probably didn't even read what I responded to your last reply about the last post of this video LOL

Have I accidentally gone Through The Looking Glass? This is quite the house of mirrors (cue Cheshire Cat grin)

Nor did he read my post where I said I use honey. In all fairness, I only skim his posts...

Latest posts

Back