New at cloning, any advice would be appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NENugs420

Reaction score
Hey guys have done a few runs indoors but just getting into cloning, I took six cuts off a friends OGKB, used a new scalpel, put directly into water, cut off extra leaves, dipped in cloneX, put into rockwool cubes that had been soaked in water PH at 5.5, placed in humidity dome with heating pad set at 78, cut leaves down to half, spray leaves with spray bottle twice a day, keep rockwool cubes damp. I'm one week in and no roots yet. Please advise. Thank you!

My advice is make sure there not too damp.
don't spray too much
There are only 6 in a 24 x 12 approx with a dome, I spray them in the morning and moisten the cubes if they are dry (usually every other day), then later in the day (5pm ish) I spray them again as they are not moist at that point.

There are only 6 in a 24 x 12 approx with a dome, I spray them in the morning and moisten the cubes if they are dry (usually every other day), then later in the day (5pm ish) I spray them again as they are not moist at that point.
I myself personally us another method that's far way better than just cutting up a clone and placing it in a cube.

I always have much, much faster results with using agar powder for plants with plant powders mixed in with it, especially when it comes to any types of cloning. Because they grow 100 times so much faster in a sterile environment then being placed in what you are doing it in a cube and the way you doing it as well.

If you wanna know for your future if you are ever going to clone again I can provide for you the correct things you'll need.

Like where to get the very best agar gel powder for plants and the stablizer too that you mix up into the agar a great sterile environment for your clones to develop super fast roots in less than one week.

If anyone is interested feel free to reply and I can give you the correct medium to growing very fast clones Without any of the headaches of cloning.

I myself personally us another method that's far way better than just cutting up a clone and placing it in a cube.

I always have much, much faster results with using agar powder for plants with plant powders mixed in with it, especially when it comes to any types of cloning. Because they grow 100 times so much faster in a sterile environment then being placed in what you are doing it in a cube and the way you doing it as well.

If you wanna know for your future if you are ever going to clone again I can provide for you the correct things you'll need.

Like where to get the very best agar gel powder for plants and the stablizer too that you mix up into the agar a great sterile environment for your clones to develop super fast roots in less than one week.

If anyone is interested feel free to reply and I can give you the correct medium to growing very fast clones Without any of the headaches of cloning.
Hook it up!

Hook it up!

Since there are so many different ways of cloning I like taking it to a scientific levels. This is one of many of the best ways to keeping a marijuana strains alive forever whenever you want to grow a plant at will. This is one of many of the ways that you can clone but keep in mine that I will be showing you other ways to as well if you aren't very serious about cannabis cloning and making a sure fire way to investing in this Cannabis cloning kit that's great for beginners as well as experts!.

Here is the first way you can take a full crack at this in a much more advanced manner if you want to!.

Just please remember that I will be posting other methods as well do please keep that in mind, if you wanna go about it in your own personal comfortable way that's right for you let me know?

Here's about this method!.

Description
This kit contains everything you need to create your own plant cultures at home. Great for long term storage of genetics or simply producing quantities of clones in a small space with almost no maintenance. Contains tools, instructions, video, hormones, vessels and supplies. Keep hundreds of different genetics on a standard wire storage rack! www.PlantTC.com Tissue culture plants grow into tiny mother plants in small bottles on a medium of nutrients, growth regulators, and sugar. Many plants are produced from a small tray of bottles under a few watts of lighting. An ordinary 10” by 20” tray holds fifty exclusive Microclone bottles and produces three or more times the numbers every thirty days. Commercial greenhouse cloning at home Rooted cuttings directly from culture bottles Saves time, saves space, saves money Preserve genetics and strains Orchids, fruit trees, tropicals, medicinal and carnivorous plants Search “Microclone” for videos. The Future of Cloning Kit includes: -Fifty exclusive Flip-top culture vials -10” x 20” autoclavable tray -Sixteen screw-top tubes in tray -Thirty culture jar lids -Two TDZ multiplying medium -One BA multiplying medium -One IBA/NAA rooting medium -Plant cleaning solution -Stainless steel scalpel -8-inch forceps -Washing screen and jar lid -Fifty page manual and DVD -Sealing tape -pH Testing and correction kit!.

Get the cannabis cloning kit here!.
https://www.amazon.com/Microclone-C...V42YG6432AB&psc=1&refRID=HHM7484ZYV42YG6432AB

Last edited:
If that's to expensive for you I can show you where to just getting the agar powder to doing a cheaper alternative in a mason jar or other bigger containers to cloning in using a agar gel powder and with a growth regulator medium!.
Capture+_2019-08-20-02-07-22.png

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that Cannabis clones grow more quickly if the cut stems contain a lot of root growth hormones and carbohydrates.
That's where the agar gel powder can really come in very handy!.

Hey guys have done a few runs indoors but just getting into cloning, I took six cuts off a friends OGKB, used a new scalpel, put directly into water, cut off extra leaves, dipped in cloneX, put into rockwool cubes that had been soaked in water PH at 5.5, placed in humidity dome with heating pad set at 78, cut leaves down to half, spray leaves with spray bottle twice a day, keep rockwool cubes damp. I'm one week in and no roots yet. Please advise. Thank you!
don't stress , they will come , I would take the humidity dome off only need that for first 3-4 days , if you just pull on the clone softly see if there stuck you will probly find there all good , but some times they take a bit longer depending on the strain and the cut, if you cut across anode the roots come quicker if its just mid stem they take a little longer , I have used the same method for many years never had a fail , just need to chill

I think growdude has the answer. Make sure the rockwool isn’t too wet. If you squeeze the rockwool gently and water is coming out, the rockwool is too wet. The cuttings need to seek moisture to encourage root growth. My last attempt at cloning was pretty poor but I got 4 out of 4 to root from one plant and 2 out of 4 from 2 other plants but I got no roots for a week plus until I let the rockwool get a bit dry. It is hard to let the medium start to dry as it seems counterintuitive but if the cubes are too wet, put them on a dry sponge or paper towel to help get rid of some moisture. You need oxygen in the medium. QB is right as well. The dome isn’t needed as much as you’d think. Too wet/humid will cause the cuttings to rot. I am sure the cannabis kid is far and away a better grower, etc than I am but I like to keep it simple. I use honey as a rooting agent. It doubles as a fungicide too.

You may like doing things old fashioned and in traditional way like they started doing in the 60's and 70's during the flower power erea but with much better results then take a look at this guys video below here, Like I have stated before, there are many different ways to cloning but you do whatever you feel works best for you and wheatever you feel works best for you doing. Since everyone has there own personal ways they feel works best for them, like with me I like doing it the lab way that's been done like this for well over 40+ years or even longer.

The only thing is that the clones grow far much faster then seedlings and what's great about it is that you can keep doing it if you ever so chosen to!.

Watch this master clone grower show you a fast true proven way to getting very fast rooting results in little as 5 days to start showing very quickly and of course his setup is ideal in my opinion but that's gotta be your call after watching his youtube video but then again he could just be doing it as a sales pich so I am somewhat a little skeptical about it but hey who knows maybe his way may really work either way you be the judge and watch his video!.

Last edited:
Hey NENugs420, I was looking at the steps you did when you took these clones. And there is one step that is very important that you missed. And I am shocked nobody else mentioned this. And that is because a lot of people do not do it. And that is why they get poor results. You stated that you took the clone and put it into water that's cool. But did you know that that cut end will still seal it self off some even though it is in water ? So what you should do is before you dip it in the clonex , cut that end again and put it right into the clonex. Also to me the way you are doing it is o.k. that's how I started. But I was only getting about half to root. Also do not fall for that stuff that one guy is trying to sell you. That's cool and all but that's a lot of work and money. Get yourself or make yourself a areo cloner. Easy as pie. I use five of them. The first one I bought holds fifty clones. Then I made the other four, which hold twenty five each. This is easy and fast. I do not use clonex or anything else anymore. Put water in the cloner so it covers the pump, take the clones, install into cloner. Check the water level every few days. And that's it. In seven days I start getting roots and in ten days most will have roots, in fourteen days they will all have roots. Anyway good luck with what ever you do. But remember clip that end again before you dip it in the clonex. LATER..................................

Hey NENugs420, I was looking at the steps you did when you took these clones. And there is one step that is very important that you missed. And I am shocked nobody else mentioned this. And that is because a lot of people do not do it. And that is why they get poor results. You stated that you took the clone and put it into water that's cool. But did you know that that cut end will still seal it self off some even though it is in water ? So what you should do is before you dip it in the clonex , cut that end again and put it right into the clonex. Also to me the way you are doing it is o.k. that's how I started. But I was only getting about half to root. Also do not fall for that stuff that one guy is trying to sell you. That's cool and all but that's a lot of work and money. Get yourself or make yourself a areo cloner. Easy as pie. I use five of them. The first one I bought holds fifty clones. Then I made the other four, which hold twenty five each. This is easy and fast. I do not use clonex or anything else anymore. Put water in the cloner so it covers the pump, take the clones, install into cloner. Check the water level every few days. And that's it. In seven days I start getting roots and in ten days most will have roots, in fourteen days they will all have roots. Anyway good luck with what ever you do. But remember clip that end again before you dip it in the clonex. LATER..................................
Awesome man thanks for the advice, I did get some roots to start last time I tried but the tops died before I got good roots to form. I'll keep that in mind.

Hook it up!

Hey'
Just wanted you to let you know the person who's putting words in my mouth that I have never said to you about buying anything because I was only giving you different cloning options and that's all.

I can't help what others wanna think but I will be damned if someone is going to put words in my mouth about you buying anything at all. Because I certainly don't play that game.

As for pulling it up I wouldn't recommend it because then you could rip any roots that may already be their trust me.

I remember many years ago when I first started out cloning cannabis I made that same mistakes by listening to people to pull up on it or re-cut it and re-dip and on and on and on!.

Just leave it be if it's looking fairly heathly then leave it alone.

As for its cube try to only keeping it moist and not over saturated because if you do then you are going to cause stem rotting and fugues to happen on you. The idea is to only keeping it moist and covered up until you see roots show up in the cube. Then that's when you should remove the cover the reason why you have to leave on the cover because your clone has no root system yet and the only way it can get any nutrients is to its leaves and misting it with mild nutrients in on the inner cover and also on the plant.

Last edited:
Hey'
Just wanted you to let you know the person who's putting words in my mouth that I have never said to you about buying anything because I was only giving you different cloning options and that's all.

I can't help what others wanna think but I will be damned if someone is going to put words in my mouth about you buying anything at all. Because I certainly don't play that game.

As for pulling it up I wouldn't recommend it because then you could rip any roots that may already be their trust me.

I remember many years ago when I first started out cloning cannabis I made that same mistakes by listening to people to pull up on it or re-cut it and re-dip and on and om and on!.

Just leave it be if it's looking fairly heathly then leave it alone.

As for its cube try to only keeping it moist and not over saturated because if you do then you are going to cause stem rotting and fugues to happen on you. The idea is to only keeping it moist and covered up until you see roots apire in the cube. Then that's when you should remove the cover the reason why you have to leave on the cover because your clone has no root system yet and the only way it can get any nutrients is to its leaves and misting it with mild nutrients in on the inner cover and also on the plant.
Took the cover off today, just keeping the cubes damp not soaked and spraying twice a day once early and one in the evning. We shall see

Also I drove 20min with the cuts in the water to get home so definetly should have cut them before I dipped them it what it sounds like to me.

Took the cover off today, just keeping the cubes damp not soaked and spraying twice a day once early and one in the evning. We shall see

Hi NENugs420,

I just don't wanna see you lose your girl there, speaking of that could you show us a picture of her in clear lighting so wr could see how she's doing? Talking about your clone just so you know what I meant. lol

Because I hate more then anything to seeing a plant die especially what the pigs AKA 5.0 cops pull up a whole field of marijuana plants like I use to see on the TV show COPS!.

All of those poor gorgeous beautiful marijuana plants destroyed I see that and it would piss any marijuana pothead off including myself included too!.

Anyway just keep up updated on how its going we are all here for yeah if you need any help at all.

Peace out! Y

Cannabis Kid

(4).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back