New baby!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
My seedling popped from the soil 2 days ago. How many inches should it grow at this time? This is my 2nd grow and I just want to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong. I don't want stretch.

That's kind of an opened ended question:hubba: (not to be sarcastic, it can grow as much as yu let it) If yer concerned about stretch at this point then yu need to make sure yer lights are the right strength, spectrum, and distance from the seedling. I always start out my babies under 6500k flourescent lighting. I use a few T5HO bulbs (about 10,000-12,000 lumens if I am starting a small bunch of youngins) so that I am not blasting them:eek: with a load of intense lumens. I have them about 12-18" away from the crib so that I can remove the humidome from when I need to. Having that much (and no more) will give them a plenty of light to grow without stretching. Once they reach about 6" tall (and have 4-6 nodes) I move them into a higher amount of light (about 40-60,000 lumens) for a week or so before putting them into the super veg for a few weeks, under which they get about 100,000 lumens (in a 3.5'x3.5' area) until switching over to flower.:D That's probably more information than yu were asking for:doh: hope it helps:farm: :)

Hushpuppy said:
That's kind of an opened ended question:hubba: (not to be sarcastic, it can grow as much as yu let it) If yer concerned about stretch at this point then yu need to make sure yer lights are the right strength, spectrum, and distance from the seedling. I always start out my babies under 6500k flourescent lighting. I use a few T5HO bulbs (about 10,000-12,000 lumens if I am starting a small bunch of youngins) so that I am not blasting them:eek: with a load of intense lumens. I have them about 12-18" away from the crib so that I can remove the humidome from when I need to. Having that much (and no more) will give them a plenty of light to grow without stretching. Once they reach about 6" tall (and have 4-6 nodes) I move them into a higher amount of light (about 40-60,000 lumens) for a week or so before putting them into the super veg for a few weeks, under which they get about 100,000 lumens (in a 3.5'x3.5' area) until switching over to flower.:D That's probably more information than yu were asking for:doh: hope it helps:farm: :)

Not too much info. I can use it for future reference ;) You answered my question. Thanks for replying :aok:

Latest posts

Back