New BudMan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudMan101

Reaction score
I'm a new guy!
Any advice would be appreciated. Literally anything. I never even grew a plant in my life but smoke plants daily lol.

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place :ciao::bolt::bong:

welcome, getting started isnt to difficult. lots of good tips on this site.

:ciao: Budman101, how's it goin for ya? Hopefully well. Welcome to the 'Passion. Quite a collection of knowledgeable growers here. Pull up a beanbag chair and stay awhile. :48:

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

I got some seeds in the meantime from my friends baggie. You think those can even grow? Thanks for all the help. This site rocks.

Also, i forgot to add, what kind of light do i need in order to grow it? Im heading the home depot soon.
Thanks

Sorry about the dbl post.. i know how much people hate that.

you'll need to go to an Indoor/hydroponic store to get an HPS system to bloom/grow with to begin. Alot of ppl here rave on the t5's for veg (less heat/less electricity), me myself use metal halide conversion lamps in my 400watts hps for vegging, the n switch out to hps to bloom.

:peace:,

7ge:)

Is that all necessary for just one small plant? Also, are the t5's the model name? And the seeds i got were from my friends baggie, can those grow?

at the minimum you'll need an hps system to bloom, t5's are type of lighting (flourescents), just google "t5 lighting and cannabis growing"...you'll be golden :aok:. If planning on growing for an extended time, then yes, this is necessary.

And also take note most bagseed comes from female plants that had turned hermaphroditic during the flowering phase and the seeds most likely will exhibit that trait :( Then again we wouldn't have Sour D, or any of the big Cali kushes if it weren't for an accidental self-pollination, so...:rolleyes:

budman, i started out growing indoors with flourecent t8 ballest. mine veg for about 2 months and thier ready to bud. you get them at lowes for 10$ a ballast and 6-8$ for the light. i use 1 cool white and 1 veg light in each ballast. then to bud i use a 400w hps i got on ebay. you dont have to spend a lot to grow. i get one plant done every month, sometimes two.

That is similar to what i did, i got a 125 watt plant light & some seed starting potting mix. I think i have all the ingredients to start my bud growing hobby lol. So how do i set up this fixture? How far away does the light have to be from the plant? how long does the light have to stay on?

Do your homework before you buy one single thing! If you go willy-nilly buying things (especially from HD) you are probably going to find yourself with a bunch of stuff that you cannot use. I would not use anything called a "plant light". They are generally not good at all. T5s are the most efficient of all the other fluoros, being about 50% more efficient than CFLs, T8s or T12s.

I would highly recommend that you do some reading to learn for yourself what you are going to need to grow. No one else can really set up your grow for you--each space is individual and has special needs. You need to pick out a space that you can light adequately, you are going to have to set up a ventilation system, pick a growing method, and get all your supplies. If you are growing soil, read up on soil mixtures. Potting soils with nutrients already in them can kill seedlings. If hydro, check out different systems. Your flowering space is going to have to be a place that you can keep 100% (and I do mean 100%) dark for 12 hours straight.

Do some planning before you buy and you will be a lot happier....so do you have a space picked out? How many sq feet is it? That is the first step. How much money do you have to spend on this project? It WILL take an investment of money, time, energy, and love if you want to end up with anything when you are done....4-5 months down the road.

What is the average investment amount you need to get this started?
I feel like i purchased the wrong things now.

Latest posts

Back