New bug...what is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
I found a few thrips and those should be pretty easy to bomb out of the room as it has no bud yet but now I was changing out the res and I see this guy sitting in there.

WHAT THE HECK IS IT? :rofl: today is just full of surprises

42a95fe6.jpg

6306cc8f.jpg

Looks like tarted earwig with his arse stuck to his face!! Were the heck yual livin pilgrem? And what in yur water? Weird to lookin fur sure.

BWD

We have a winner!^ I think your right.

So it seems this guy is beneficial and predatory. I put him outside though :(

It almost reminded me of the predatory fly killing bug thread i lost in the crash (Reduviidae, assassin bug). So i thought it was better to not kill. Guess i should have left him, he got in there obviously for food or water.

Lacewing Larvae or "aphid lions" are similar in appearance to an alligator with pincers like tiny ice tongs, and vigorously attacks its prey, injecting a paralyzing venom then drawing out the body fluids of its victim. Besides aphids, lacewing feed on just about any soft-bodied pest they can "grab," including citrus mealybugs, cottony cushion scale, spider mites, thrips, caterpillars, insect eggs, etc. It is known to be cannibalistic if no other food source is available. During the two to three weeks in this stage it will devour up to 200 insect pests a week
I have those :( DANGIT!

smoke:rofl:

I always end up getting stung by predatory bugs...serious. Lady Bugs BITE

My first OD grow last season, I was so worried about bugs, I was plucking these off with tweezers come to find out theyre beneficial. Haha. Live and learn. :)

man ... you have some troubles to fix ... good luck with the bug battle :aok:

Lady bug larvae are what really eat mites and stuff. They are orange and black little critters.

I do the happy dance when I see lady bug larvae at my house. I have been

bitten by an lacewing adult...If that is the larvae, i haven't seen it. I hope I do.

I love the beneficials!

Meh, I pyrethrin bombed the room. FurGedaboudit

Lacewing larvae are very good predators. I use them in the yard.They are hell on aphids.:hubba:

Assassin bug or predatory stink bug maybe. Google em.

Dead things everywhere :eek:

Mostly spiders that were hiding in places the gas got to but man that stuff worked good. I have not noticed any change in the plants after the bomb.

So this week I learned:

Azamax, great for root zone drenching to find and rid pests; and .50% Pyrethrin bug bomb for anything above the root zone.

Spring has been very expensive :(

10 days in flower. There wasn't any residue at all. And the room just smells like flowers:D pyrethrin is awesome!

I won't swear to this but I think pyrethrin biodegrades fairly rapidly and doesn't leave any nasty residue for more than a few days. Congrats on the bug fest, hope that's it for the season. :) dead bug mojo :)

Latest posts

Back