New business offers door-to-door marijuana delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
url: hMPp://www.komonews.com/news/local/New-business-offers-door-to-door-marijuana-delivery-218604261.html

New business offers door-to-door marijuana delivery

SEATTLE -- The legalization of recreational marijuana in Washington is inspiring all sorts of new business ventures, and the latest aims to bring pot to doorsteps across Seattle.

Michael Loudon knows that in a business world ruled by supply and demand, a successful entrepreneur has got to deliver.

Loudon is part of Nurse Nancy's Medical Marijuana Delivery. He, his brother and his mom, who's known as Nurse Nancy, deliver pot grown in their collective garden to medical marijuana patients.

They promise fast, friendly and discreet doorstep delivery anywhere in Seattle.

"A lot of these people have cancer and debilitating conditions. They have a tough life, they have a tough time. If we can make it easier for them to get their medication and easier for them to live, yeah, I feel really happy about that," Loudon said.

In order to get the pot, customers have to snap a picture of their medical marijuana card and identification, and then text or email it to Loudon, who will deliver it in the next 30 minutes.

The business is getting rave reviews from many patients, but not everyone is sold on the idea. Dawn Darinton of the Choice Wellness Center said delivery services can carelessly take advantage of the gray area in Washington's medical marijuana laws.

"I think it's dangerous for the delivery people," Darington said. "I think it'd dangerous for the patients."

Still, as Washington opens its doors for recreational marijuana, Loudon said there's plenty of room for his business to grow.

Latest posts

Back