NEW closet grow box sketch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKE

Reaction score
Sorry --------> the height is 8 feet - length is 7 feet - width is 2 feet

400 watt HPS lites - growing 8 week bloom - medium size photperiods - in soil / 2 gallon pots - could go 3 gal.

Would you change anything?

Missing anything or concerns I should consider.

Thanks!! I appreciate the help.

Image35.jpg

Looks good, but I am a little confused about the "first 4 weeks of bloom" and the "last 4 weeks of bloom". If both lights are 400W and at the same level, why are you moving plants from one light to the other?

I have a similar set up--my closet is 3 x 6.5 and I am running 2 600W. With 2 lights I prefer to hook up my ventilation in parallel rather than in series. This way both lights have cool air flowing over the bulb. In series, the second light can be quite a bit hotter as the air flowing over it is hot from the first light. However, I do not use a filter. Depending on temps, I run ducting that extends from near the floor (near the passive intakes and where the air is cooler) to the intake on the hoods.

Ventilation 002-1.jpg

but I am a little confused about the "first 4 weeks of bloom" and the "last 4 weeks of bloom". If both lights are 400W and at the same level, why are you moving plants from one light to the other?

:yeahthat:

other than that looks like ya gonna be rocking some nice plants in there

take care and be safe

I think he's goin for a perpetual grow. That second light is gonna be much higher.

IMO, it is better and makes ventilation easier if you keep the lights at the same height and raise and lower the pots with milkcrates, other pots, buckets, etc. I think that you will find that not all the plants are going to grow at the same rate even if they are the same age. Plan on using something to raise shorter plants to keep your canopy even. If faster growing plants are allowed to shade shorter plants, the problem just compounds itself.

The Hemp Goddess said:
IMO, it is better and makes ventilation easier if you keep the lights at the same height and raise and lower the pots with milkcrates, other pots, buckets, etc. I think that you will find that not all the plants are going to grow at the same rate even if they are the same age. Plan on using something to raise shorter plants to keep your canopy even. If faster growing plants are allowed to shade shorter plants, the problem just compounds itself.

:yeahthat:

You hve to get used to the art of stacking crap under your pots. Keeping your canopy as even as possible will help your ladies grow to their full potential.
I hve a closet full off stuff to use for stacking. Shoe boxes, cd cases, DVD cases, ols VHS cases....etc. My wife yells at me constantly for picking boxes out of our trash...lol.

I always keep all plants at same level.
Cheap way to do it - buy one Home Depot 4' x 8' thick hard styrofoam piece (or smaller) - have them cut some - you cut some into squares: 9-12 bucks,
You can always stack perfectly and you don't have all those different size boxes, books, cases toppling over each other.
You can have 1-2-3-4 squares stacked with string / clear packing tape strips for support. Actually looks pretty cool & uniform in place & you also have your white color. Very flat and easy to work with.

IKE said:
I always keep all plants at same level.
Cheap way to do it - buy one Home Depot 4' x 8' thick hard styrofoam piece (or smaller) - have them cut some - you cut some into squares: 9-12 bucks,
You can always stack perfectly and you don't have all those different size boxes, books, cases toppling over each other.
You can have 1-2-3-4 squares stacked with string / clear packing tape strips for support. Actually looks pretty cool & uniform in place & you also have your white color. Very flat and easy to work with.
That is a very good idea for stacking.:D it allows you to make minor adjustments on a daily basis if you want. I am definitely going to get some of that blue styrofoam.:)
If you are doing a perpetual grow, where will you do your vegging for your young plants that should be under 24hrs of light?

Latest posts

Back