new CO2 idea wih beer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakebud77

Medcinal Supporter
Reaction score
So i was wondering if anyone had ever tried brewing beer putting it into a 5 gallon bucket and putting it in the same area as your grow? Beer is supposed to be left to brew at the lower end of what the box or room is supposed ot be. But it puts off CO2 continuiously and I cant think of a reason y a lil extra CO2 from beer would be a bad thing. Plus it would be great to have a nice cold beer you brewed with your nice sticky green buds you grew.

wakebud77 said:
So i was wondering if anyone had ever tried brewing beer putting it into a 5 gallon bucket and putting it in the same area as your grow? Beer is supposed to be left to brew at the lower end of what the box or room is supposed ot be. But it puts off CO2 continuiously and I cant think of a reason y a lil extra CO2 from beer would be a bad thing. Plus it would be great to have a nice cold beer you brewed with your nice sticky green buds you grew.

This is an excellent idea wakebud77, perhaps I will try it too. :hubba: Maybe, just insofaras keeping a constant flow of co2, I could start 1 bucket on monday, another on thurday and yet another on sunday, replacing them as the fermentation slows/ceases??? Perhaps I could even try a nice hallertauer hop for a nice crisp lager finish?? sounds like alot of beer, so perhaps just store it in fridge in gallon jugs???

If you try this, let me know how it goes eh??? Good Luck!!! :farm:

Someone here said they made wine in there grow room.

Ya i was planning on doing a few gallons a week and give some away to friends and such. I havent started my new grow yet im still working on setting it up but it will be till at least mid to end of july till i have it all ready. I figured with the stealth grow im working on there is alot of horizontal room but not much hieght maybe 3 feet so i can have some room to add in this beer idea. The only problem i could think of is that what if the yeast from the brew got onto the plant idk if it would do anything or not... But i guess we will find out in a few months. And also wouldn't it be nice if your brew gave a nice lil brew taste to certain plants. mmmmmmm licking my lips already

The fish company nutrafin makes a co2 delivery system for the water plants people put in their fish tanks. All it is is a capsule that holds the mixture that gives off the co2 and a hose. I picked one up for $15. The mixture lasts for about 3-4 weeks before it needs to be replenished. It might not be feasible for a large room, but for small cabinets/micro grows it definitely works.

prolly not you would need to be brewing alot of beer. The grow box im planning isnt going to be much more than 5-10 sq feet. But i guess it would help a lil cause there would be extra CO2

it doesent give off very much. i do a 50 gallon batch off sugar wine in my 12x14 cabin and if it produced that much co2 iwould have suffocated in my cabin it really gets to bubblin the first two days i never even thought about what was commin though the bubble lock but im gonna vent it outside know.thancks i didnt reallize that

Wassup,
I just thought i might add that a C02 system really isnt that expensive depending on which system you choose. I purchased 2 C02 tanks at $45 each, and bought a regulator valve and ppm meter for $100. The hose cost something like 10 cents a foot. It cost me $20 bucks to fill each tank, and 1 tank will last me 2 weeks if i run it at 1,500ppms constantly. So for under $250.00 you could be up and runing with a efficiant C02 system. Ur grow's should pay for all the up-grades, and momy said money dosent grow on trees, LOL. They grow on my tree's! :) Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

ok.. first off i gotta say i thought about this also.. but heres some cons... your gonna be brewing 5 gal of beer... it takes 1 week to ferment.. the first day or 2 it might not do anything at all.. then for like 3 or 4 days it will bubble every 3 ta 5 seconds then it pretty much stops... so you got about 3 or 4 days where its actualy pushing out co2... if you flower for 7 weeks and brew beer for co2 the entire time its gonna be not only a rediculous amount of beer but also gonna cost you a ton of money.. and i doubt if it even puts out enough co2 to really make a differance unless you had a few buckets going at tha same time... ALSO the beer i make is usualy pretty high alc content so drinking all of this is gonna take forever, and im damn near alcoholic... true the beer will get better and better the longer it sits after you bottle it, but damn...

Bleek187 said:
ok.. first off i gotta say i thought about this also.. but heres some cons... your gonna be brewing 5 gal of beer... it takes 1 week to ferment.. the first day or 2 it might not do anything at all.. then for like 3 or 4 days it will bubble every 3 ta 5 seconds then it pretty much stops... so you got about 3 or 4 days where its actualy pushing out co2... if you flower for 7 weeks and brew beer for co2 the entire time its gonna be not only a rediculous amount of beer but also gonna cost you a ton of money.. and i doubt if it even puts out enough co2 to really make a differance unless you had a few buckets going at tha same time... ALSO the beer i make is usualy pretty high alc content so drinking all of this is gonna take forever, and im damn near alcoholic... true the beer will get better and better the longer it sits after you bottle it, but damn...

Dude, you still bottle or something? I went to kegging long ago so brewing more than I drink is a non issue. Also even if you can only blast it with free C02 for a couple days thats better than nothing right? I mean if your gonna homebrew anyway why not use that wasted C02? I don't wanna get offtopic but maybe we can shoot the dookie about beer around the coffee table sometime.

Latest posts

Back