new commer/grower.please reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeAlot

Reaction score
hey all im new to the site, i gotta say its the best one out here,it kicks ass,anyways im a first time grower and i have just germed 4 bagseeds for a week now being impatiant i dug it up to find that 2 seeds had germed, i took them too seeds and planted them into there own soda bottle ,, the bottom of it about 6inch high 2leter,(pop),on one of them the first two leaves were showin so planted it above the dirt with the root under it, is this correct?????? the other one the shell was completly off but it was still dark so i planted it but just barely coverd the top of it with dirt,, is this correct way of doin this?????my plans to grow these 2 plants is a new grow box i have constructed untill they out grow out,,its, 17'H 17'D 36'D its layin long ways now and i have the top that opens i have attached a flro light to that inside thats very bright for this box, after days of thinkin how i was gonna get a fan for this box, it finaly hit me, i was throwin out a mircowave and had forgoten about it, i ran outside and quickly brought it in a striped the fan outta it, it looks like a regular big cpu fan a comp one, i attached that to the back of my box and im good to go,im tryin to keep this as low buget as possable,as for the soil im using regular dirt for now untill i transplant in like a week when there stronger and need it,, is this ok???the one plant that the two leaves are out is dropin over touchin the dirt, meaning she anit staning up for the second day but it looks like she grew alil,, thknk shell come up and this is normal?? they are under 24 hour lighting pleave give me any feed back i need some its much apreated, what type of soil should i get? poting soil. nutes,, ect,,, thank you all and keep up this great site i hope i have be of some help in the feature also

SmokeAlot said:
hey all im new to the site, i gotta say its the best one out here,it kicks ass,anyways im a first time grower and i have just germed 4 bagseeds for a week now being impatiant i dug it up to find that 2 seeds had germed, i took them too seeds and planted them into there own soda bottle ,, the bottom of it about 6inch high 2leter,(pop),on one of them the first two leaves were showin so planted it above the dirt with the root under it, is this correct?????? the other one the shell was completly off but it was still dark so i planted it but just barely coverd the top of it with dirt,, is this correct way of doin this?????my plans to grow these 2 plants is a new grow box i have constructed untill they out grow out,,its, 17'H 17'D 36'D its layin long ways now and i have the top that opens i have attached a flro light to that inside thats very bright for this box, after days of thinkin how i was gonna get a fan for this box, it finaly hit me, i was throwin out a mircowave and had forgoten about it, i ran outside and quickly brought it in a striped the fan outta it, it looks like a regular big cpu fan a comp one, i attached that to the back of my box and im good to go,im tryin to keep this as low buget as possable,as for the soil im using regular dirt for now untill i transplant in like a week when there stronger and need it,, is this ok???the one plant that the two leaves are out is dropin over touchin the dirt, meaning she anit staning up for the second day but it looks like she grew alil,, thknk shell come up and this is normal?? they are under 24 hour lighting pleave give me any feed back i need some its much apreated, what type of soil should i get? poting soil. nutes,, ect,,, thank you all and keep up this great site i hope i have be of some help in the feature also
Whats up SmokeAlot. Welcome to the forum. First let me ask you do you have any drainage holes in your pop containers, and are they the clear containers? If you don't have any drainage holes you need to put some in there, and if the containers are clear you need to cover them up with tape or something because roots hate light. When you say you are using regular dirt do you mean dirt from outside? If so pest can be transfered from outside to inside very easy so you have to be careful. Your plant shouldn't be drooping over as you are describing that is not normal. Any pics would be a great help.

hey thatnks for the only reply!! i guess these people dont like newbies or to answer there questions or comments. i just thought it was diffrent here,anyways TBG, yes i do have drainage holes and unforntainly it is soil from the outside, when i transplant in like a week or two im goin to have regular pottin soil with no nutes then add my own neuts with waterings, can you recommend a good nute for vegging into flowering,as for the plant it was dropin over that day but poped right up over night so its standing stright up nice n tall today (3 day) the other one died that had germed didnt even come up past the dirt i think all this stress is from the transplant, i had the seeds germin in a cut down plastic milk container, then week later nothing germed so i dug up the 3 seeds 2 germed so thats when i put it into the pop bottle,yes clear but with tape around it to black it out,, funny thing, i woke up this morning there was a second plant growin , when i dug up my seeds and found the two germed ones, one that wasnt germed must have gotten into my soil and has sprouted over night so it was a nice suprise today, ill have to transplant them both when i get my pottin soil in like a week, i also have a question about my fan, seems like it cools the box off alot and i let it run a few hours then shut it off not lettin it run allday n nite, is this bad, i mean im only usin floros so the box anit that heated up but the fan deff cools it and puts a nice breez in there, is this bad??i dont know exact temps dont have a therm.. ill be takin pics rell soon please and comments or help is much neeeded here!! thnaks for replyin meansalot i didnt think i was gettin any, hopefully i will this time around

Whats up SmokeAlot. It's been real busy over here the past few weeks and it's hard for the few people here to get to every post right away. I'm very sorry for this. As far as nutes go i use Fox Farm. You should also try and keep your fan running. Not only does this provide your plants with proper circulation but also helps strengthen your plants stems.

Hey Smokealot, these guys will get to you trust me...sometimes it might take a day or just shoot them a PM if you want to be first in line. There are only 4 "mods" that I'm aware of so... patience grasshopper ;) PS: this site IS different especially if you don't come in "swinging". :cool: Peace

ya that fox farm grow big Nutrient for vegging kicks ass,wait till they are in the second week of veg b4 you add.stuff is potent.i burned some of my babys by adding it to early.just start off with a week salution at first,

grow big002.jpg

im deff gonna try foxfarms i hope they have it around here in the new york area, question.... i have now two sprouts commin outta 1 2leter bottle, i havent gotten my soil yet i was planing gettin that in like a week ,,one sprout is 1 day old the other is like 3days old, when you guys suguest i transplant them, i dont wnana wait too long for the rots to get tangled but i can only get the soil in a week, will i be ok for now?

Hey, Sorry for missing some of the new posts. I log on and there are 2-3 pages worth to go through.

you'll be fine for a couple of weeks in the 2 liter. but You'll want to trasnplant them into there perm. home soon.

Happy Growing. :D

mine are 2weeks old doing pretty good,i am gonna transplant sunday.i am in ny also,i get all my stuff from http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com this place is awsome good prices and super fast delivery.great coustmer service,i placed an order and got it the next day.there out of ohio heres a pic of my babys the strain is citral.i am only doin 2cause i am new, first grow i have done tons of reading and all the guys here are great.i want to get some experience b4 i grow more.they already smell soo good mmmmm.and they are just babys

together001.jpg

all my stuff001.jpg

got ay self some nice plants sgt, alsnice to see someone from area, im goin to check out that site, thanks so much and please keep me updated with ya grow, as you know im new too and wouldnt mind followin ya. keep up the good work!

omg i hope our site dont start acting like over grow . hell i couldnt even get in last night. but i do know 1 thing we ussually dont butt in to other peoples threads. no what i mean . ok i got that off my chest. hey mr smokes alot try planting your seeds on there sides next time if they land on there heads they tend to sprout down or out to the side causing your problem in the beggining .

About the Fox Farm "Grow Big" I would have to say to add it on it's thrid week. I used it on it's 2 nd week and paid the price...death of my little one. I would use 1\4 of the recomended use and start from there. Good luck man, just thought I'd bring it up I wouldn't want any of you females to die.

Latest posts

Back