New Crop: Bodhi's Goji

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Goji crop,

To my Satori and Oregon grown og, I've added my newest strain, Bodhi's Goji.
They are flowering now and are as uniform as peas in a pod. Every one the same height, 2' 5".
At 90% Sativa the Goji should be a keeper.
Not as high in thc as Satori but higher than my favorite strain, {the og/og}.
This batch will be the first Goji crop to really try as the last dried too much. {my fault}

The plants limbs are far apart on the stem till it grows to about 18" and then they start coming out of the stems every few inches. It will be a much more productive plant with more limbs hence the extra height.
I lollypop the lowers anyway for clones and they don't get enough light down there anyway.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I have a camera on my new telephone and if I can learn how to use it I'll post a picture.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Hey Poet, nice to hear. Keep us updated and the greenest of mojo for your goji. I sure like the Bodhi genetics.

not ran straight goji, but i have a goji X orgasmatron bodhi was testing. and yeah; same deal.. she's a stretchy girl.
pretty easy going plant. decent smoke, very strange taste. the stretch is really my main knock on it.
still debating if i keep her around, the stretch makes it tough with my setup.

hope you enjoy :)

*here's a pic of my early blooming OD gal Goji b.JPG

Last edited:
say hey kao---nice hedge---i would keep her around---you might consider a loose loop plastic coated picture hanging wire wrapped around each of the tallest colas---tie it to a rock to train sideways/stealth growth---good to do when the plants are well hydrated and pliable---al the best :p

say hey kao---nice hedge---i would keep her around---you might consider a loose loop plastic coated picture hanging wire wrapped around each of the tallest colas---tie it to a rock to train sideways/stealth growth---good to do when the plants are well hydrated and pliable---al the best :p
actually, i did a (piss-poor) scrog of one of them. i needed to start earlier though, not gonna fill very well, and likely would've been better to just train.. but i always gotta try some sort of shits n giggles plant outdoor :-D

good to see ya man :)

Update on the Goji,

Flowering two weeks and 'all is well'.
I transplanted them from 2 gallon pots to 3's, 'a month' before flipping
and with my homemade Supersoil they are growing like Kudzu.
I see no problem with the Sativa genetics yet. They are perfectly uniform plants
with good branch structure 'on a stick' so to speak.

I have 7 clones {I watered them the night before but when transplanting,
the dirt fell away from the roots and I lost 3.}
The 7 clones are in two litter hempies and are fine.

So... Goji is getting established in my little garden.
{I wish I had taken 12-15 clones...rather the just 10...}
I could select 2-3 Goji's as mothers and clone them to death, taking 15 clones of the finest phenotypes.
I'll do that. I'll let them get 4-5 weeks older, then clone the best and flower the rest.

Goji, 90% Sativa and the new member of my little garden.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Opps...

The strain is not Bodhi's Goji but 'Purple Goji' from Green Point seeds.
I read that Green Point came up with a Purple phenotype of the Goji and started selling it,
when Bodhi, called Green point and complained.
Since then Greenpoint has discontinued it.

I've got 9 fine looking plants 3 weeks in flower and they are perfect.
Not a limp limb in the lot, but straight standing and bearing very well.
The other strain I got from Greenpoint was 18% thc and just a little weak for me so I didn't keep any clones.
Its not only the thc amount, my favorite strain is Oregon Grown OG from OGS
and it is only 20%-22% but I would as soon smoke that than Satori!
Its real good...

This batch of 'Purple Goji' is...:

Goji OG x Polar bear OG
Nepali OG x Snow lotus
OG #17 {Hells angles OG / Biker kush}
The White x Triple kush

I had to get my magnifying glass to even read that,
but that is what I'm growing. It seems to be Goji crossed with polar bear.
{Green point crosses everything with polar bear}
I wonder if the sturdiness is 'bear' related?
A coon could climb these plants!

But it is a beautiful plant and I'll keep clones if I like it.

Maybe photos soon...

Thank you...

The Poet...

Last edited:
Update:
Greenpoint Purple Goji...

These are fine plants.
So sturdy 'I'm sold' on the Purple Goji.
I tried it before but I let it dry too long and it was my fault,
I remember it was a keeper and I wanted to try a properly cured batch.
I have learned a lot about 'listening to my plants' since then and this batch of Purple Goji
is a beautifully sturdy, fast growing, good bearing plant.
I hope it is as good as I remember as the last batch was not a representative sample.
This batch is looking real good.
I'm going to get someone with a 'cool' camera to immortalize these when they are ready.
A coon could climb these plants!

Thank you...

The Poet...

Word man -- I'm a fan of Snow Lotus crosses !-- My 1st was The Tranquil Elephantizer out of Bohdi !-- I had a Black Berry Snow Lotus male and people were telling me the BBSL "Bring the fire " !-- I took a chance and turned him loose on a bunch of girls ( about a dozen )!-- They weren't wrong !-- I got Umbra's The White -x- Nepal Indica -x- BBSL -- Snow Desiel - x- BBSL ---I even got Rose's Nurse Larry and Purple Haze crossed with him !--- One thing they also share
is that sturdy plant structure and being potent !-- We don't have access to clones in Texas so I been breeding my own Dank !-- I color outside the lines !----Like Sangarara Reserve-x 91 Dragons -- for a father I bred that BBSL to Mazar-i-Shariff the giant indica of Lebonese Blond Hash fame !--- I Used a male from that on SR91 !-- Sturdy straight up indica !-- I still got a mess crosses that need go be sorted out !-- I am impressed by the Snow Lotus crosses !-- I bet that Gogi gonna do U right !

Update on Purple Goji:

Alright, the tricombs are nearly full and are real opaque.
{ie. Not shiny}
Half of the plants buds are hard and heavy and the others are a day or two behind.
I'll give them another day and check them again...

Should a strain that is 80% - 90% Sativa be harvested right when the trics are full, and the buds are hard and heavy. Rather than wait longer for the smell and taste to develop?
I usually wait till the trics are full, the buds are hard and heavy,
When they are... I harvest:
3 plants on day one...
3 on day two...
3 on day three.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Hi poet, good to read you are loving your plants. I take my sativa when full of milky trichs, and before amber. Mojo for the grow!

Rosebud...

Thank you for noticing my question.
I'll wait another day as a few plants are not completely finished.
The trics still are reflecting light, and not completely opaque.
Some are totally hard and may be ready tomorrow.
I may pull half of them and the rest in a day or two.
I'll bet they weigh one ounce each!
9 oz!... Purple Goji...

Thank you...

The Poet...

Rosebud,

Opaque,means: 'light can't go through'.
My Purple Goji has mostly opaque trics but I see reflected light.
A shinyness or a 'reflection of light', I'll watch for still more opaque-ness.

They are still not ready for harvest, I'll wait.
However the leaves are dying, almost dead and the plants are starting to sag a bit.
Very ready for harvest but for the trics.
I watered them yesterday and won't harvest till the trics are as opaque as possible.
I heard "everybody pulls their plants too soon" and letting them go a few more days is critical.
The trics are filling with cloudiness and I am beginning to understand why one waits.
This will be a good crop of purple Goji, I'm up to 65 days after the sun goes down today.
66 days tomorrow...

Wish us luck...

The Poet...

Harvest day...

I harvest today!
The leaves are dead on a few of the plants and they look like they are done.
The trics are mostly opaque but most of the plants are as dead as I have ever harvested.
I can't figure out how to use my camera yet so no pictures but Purple Goji is a fine plant.
I remember it is a keeper but the last crop was too dry.
I'll look forwards to trying the Purple Goji out.

Correct day count: 65 days, Purple Goji...

Thank you...

The Poet...

Leaves shouldn't be dead by harvest time, cant be good for the finished product.

Growdude,

That's right, but the trics were not opaque.
Two plants in particular showed leaves which were basically dried up... dead.
...but the trics were not 100% opaque...?
The plants were ready, but the trics were not.
I went by the trics... as they were a day from opaqueness even though the plants looked dead.
But yeah... a real strange crop.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Smoke report:

'A real strange crop' is an understatement.
After smoking a joint of the 'discontinued' Purple Goji, I had to get up and walk around a while because my feet were numb. I came back and smoked 3/4 of another and am excited to agree with myself in that the strain is a keeper.
I don't know its genetic makeup {half and half maybe} but it has a real serious body stone as well as a shockingly strange mental boost, like in the old days.
Yeah, I had to try it twice to be sure I wasn't imagining things.
Purple Goji at first meeting, a year ago was good and I remembered her being a keeper.
I broke a limb off last night and let it get a little dry...
I would say a mild smell/taste, real strange and unusual for being out of the ground two days.
But a stone that is scary! Yeah, that's it, scary really. Beyond words even...

Great yields, one phenotype and all the same size.
Of a well balanced stone like between being warm and comfortable
in a house full of good food while the freezing storm is raging outside....
and skydiving on acid.

Purple Goji ...

The Poet...

Update:

Talk about strange... the next day after the aforementioned test,
the strain was weak, leafy and dry, having little oil to hold it together it was crap!???
The second strain I tried from Greenpoint...
and the second reject.

I'll never buy another gu~ strain but move on to others who deserve it...
Can't beat Satori or Oregon Grown og.
I think I'll try Hindu Kush and Northern Lights.
Maybe old Bog will have an idea or two?

Sorry...

The Poet...

Sick plants wont produce the high that its capable of achieving
Concentrate on your growing technique.

Perfect p/h , hydrated lime in the rain water and supersoil, they were fine, no yellow leaves...
The plants were all healthy as horses but the trics were not 100% opaque till the plants were way into finishing, ie. drying up.
Plants had phenotypes that were real light in weight and covered with little dry leaves that were harsh to smoke. You know how a bud gets real hard and heavy at harvest? Well... these didn't do that at all...
Other types were good but for the real light weight.
The trics were not completely opaque even when harvested.

Nothing to do with growing technique, just a shitty strain, not worth the dirt to grow it in.
I see why it was discontinued.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back