New DEA Chief: Marijuana Has No Medical Use, Should Stay in Schedule I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From marijuana.com

chuck-rosenberg-dea-620x336.jpg

New DEA Chief: Marijuana Has No Medical Use, Should Stay in Schedule I

By Tom Angell on September 8, 2015

The head of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made headlines last month by admitting that marijuana is less harmful than heroin, but in a new interview he says that cannabis should not be reclassified under federal law even though “it certainly is not as dangerous as other Schedule I controlled substances.”

Chuck Rosenberg, acting DEA administrator, told Fox News that he doesn’t “frankly see a reason to remove” marijuana from Schedule I, a category that’s supposed to be reserved for drugs that have a high potential for abuse and no legitimate medical value.

Rosenberg says that while he supports doing research on cannabis’s medical benefits, he doesn’t think the evidence is there yet. “If we come up with a medical use for it, that would be wonderful. But we haven’t.”

And, despite reaffirming that marijuana is less dangerous than heroin, the DEA chief is adamantly opposed to legalization. “I’m not willing to say that it’s good for you, or that it ought to be legalized. I think it’s bad for you and that it ought to remain illegal.”

When Fox interviewer Jay Rosen pointed out that there is a “common-sense disparity, or irony, or disconnect” stemming from the fact that alcohol is legal but marijuana is not, Rosenberg seemed to acknowledge as much.

“Probably, yeah,” he said, before insinuating that alcohol prohibition was a failure. “We tangled with that as a society in the 1930s. And we know how that went.”

But Rosenberg didn’t seem to notice the inconsistency of his own views when he added, “I choose not to drink alcohol but I’m not going to impose that on anyone else.”

Video of parts of the interview is online here.

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/...has-no-medical-use-should-stay-in-schedule-i/

Hypocritical fool. It's all about power and money.

I come to the conclusion its not about left or right anymore.
It's "us against them".

Ye that seems to be that way . Did you ever see the video where Michelle was asked "is heroin more harmful than marijuana" and she hasn't got a clue ! It really grinds my gears .

He needs to speak to the oncologist that treat brain cancer with cannabis. This is crap.

How does someone so uninformed, closed-minded, and just plain stupid about cannabis get to be head of the DEA? !@#$%^ Sometimes I think my head is going to explode.....

Wonder what his thoughts are on Tobacco... What a Dips***....

He must have got a "talking to" because he came out @ first and said that MJ is not as bad as heroin...
and NOW (after the scolding) he's all Mr. I HATE Weed!

I think HE knows what's up, its just his handlers didn't have total control @ first.
:48:

Think that tobacco was harder to quit than the Herion:huh:

fools!

Go to a bar drink til you fight someone. go home and throwup in your sleep. no problem with alchohol. keep it legal. but cannabis?!! no cannabis is harmful!!!

Isn't the FDA fast tracking an herb based drug from Europe now? How exactly can the DEA and FDA conflict on this? Shouldn't one take cues from the other?

The question to ask was, How come the US has applied for a patent for medical applications for cannabis, if it has no medical use?

The question to ask was, How come the US has applied for a patent for medical applications for cannabis, if it has no medical use?
No one wants to answer that. It's all a money game. It's sickening to see so much greed.

How does someone so uninformed, closed-minded, and just plain stupid about cannabis get to be head of the DEA? !@#$%^ Sometimes I think my head is going to explode.....

Thats how they qualify for the job. Freaken bastages.

Latest posts

Back