New grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog5524

Still learning everyday!!
Reaction score
Well I started a new grow using some oxygenated water. So far I have an explosion of growth. i have fed my fist baby the same and as you can see she is starting to recover from the sever nute burn that I gave her. (a lesson well learn about that), I just have one question (which I have searched and search but cannot find a defendant answer on) when is a good time to start the flowering cycle? I will be going into my 4th week and I know that it is too early for flowering right now, so that is why I am asking this question now so I can get ready from that time.

Day 25.JPG

Stupid D 23.JPG

Day4.JPG

Day 5.JPG

devildog5524 said:
Well I started a new grow using some oxygenated water. So far I have an explosion of growth. i have fed my fist baby the same and as you can see she is starting to recover from the sever nute burn that I gave her. (a lesson well learn about that), I just have one question (which I have searched and search but cannot find a defendant answer on) when is a good time to start the flowering cycle? I will be going into my 4th week and I know that it is too early for flowering right now, so that is why I am asking this question now so I can get ready from that time.

Well, mainly it depends on the genetic strain. Some should be started up on flowering a lot later than others, but with that aside, ...You can flower anytiem you like. A lot of people, grow 20+ plants ..grow them for a month or so, and flower them all. (SOG) So you have , 20 little tiny guys producing bud, or you can allow them to get big (bigger they are the larger the yield, although there is a barrier, but...)

My personal opinion would be just ..when you think your plant is the perfect size (for your grow area, or the yield you are looking for) Just flower them. There really is no RIGHT time. It's all just preference.

Your little seedlings are really stretching. What kind of light do you have over them and how high is it set? Do you have a fan blowing on them?

How large is your flowering room? Plants can double or triple in size after being put into flowering. Most people wait until their plant is sexually mature before putting it into 12/12.

Right now my lights are about 5" from the plants and I'm running cool tubes, I do not have a fan on them yet and I'm growing in a grow box about 4' by 3'. The two pics on the end are only 4 days old.

What size light is in the cool tube? Or do you mean you have cool tube cfl's. Either way you don't have enough light. Have anymore recent pictures?

You really need to put a fan in there to get adequate airflow and Co2 exchange. More lighting will be necessary and making sure that your plants are properly ph'd. :joint:

Well here the update for my babies. I went out and bought a 100 watt Metal Halide and started using oxygenated water. I also placed a fan in the grow box to help with Co2 and air flow inside the box. I had one die on me but my other, as you can see, is recovering very good. I now have 4 plants total, but since I only have room for two or three, I have to give one or two away. But they will be going to a good home.

Img_00009_copy1.jpg

Img_00012_copy1.jpg

I would advise waiting to see if your plant is female before putting it in flower. Once your plant shows it's sex you can start flowering any time after that

For your room set up that box has an area of 12sq. ft. and for flowering you need to be pushing at least 5000lumens per sq. ft. in your growing area So in you room your lights should be putting out at least 60,000 lumens.

I would also advise you to not give any plants away until you know what sex they are. If you have 12 sq ft, you have plenty of room for 4 plants--you just need more light.

Thanks you so much for the advice guys. I have the room but I know that it is going to a tight fit, but i should be ok. My plan was for only two to three plants and I am planning on helping my friend out with his first grow. That is why I was going to give him two of my babies. But right now they are not mature enough to see the sex yet. I don't even know when that will be but I hope that it will be soon. LOL

ok.. u may notice either male or female preflowers.. male lookin like balls on the nodes.. females look like 2 lil white pistols..

2nd u can also tell when ur plants are sexually mature by lookin to see if u have alternating nodes.. once ur plant has alternating nodes u can flip the light cycle whenever.. u may not notice preflowers untill a week into flowering all depends on the seed.. but sexual maturity is reached when u have alternating nodes.. from there u can continue to veg if u want monsters or flower to find out the sex.. hope this helped and happy growin

Hey DevilDog5524!

I think you have a few weeks to go before they'll be showing sex. Average under a 24/0 or 18/6 light schedule is usually 6 to 8 weeks, depending on strain.

Question for you..... What do you mean when you say you're using "oxygenated water"?

Latest posts

Back