New grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here Are Some More Of My Ladies.

jan_30_07-(49).jpg

jan_30_07-(18).jpg

jan_30_07-(21).jpg

the point of this thread and pics is to track the progress of my babies. they dont look that stressed out,... do they? well "Danielle" just never had that much energy and i think its apparent. she looks well stressed out!

undrx said:
the point of this thread and pics is to track the progress of my babies. they dont look that stressed out,... do they? well "Danielle" just never had that much energy and i think its apparent. she looks well stressed out!

"YES"...they do look stressed. Extremely so. Quit picking the leaves fer krise sakes. Let them grow.

You're going to wind up getting hermies again if your lucky and don't get males. You mention that the first 12 came out hermies and its no wonder treating them this way. I'm not trying to be harsh, but stop cutting off their food sorce. Let theese girls grow. If you want to trim cut off the flowering branches not the food leaves.

undrx said:
thanks!!!

you might wanna drop the lighting time from 24/7

i give them 16 hours per day. Also try some nutrients and co2...
im gonna take some pics tonight and show the progress.

They are growing fast every other day. :D

everytime i trim.. within 5 days its bushy again! i love the progress.

im growing some fire a$$ bud from Jamaica. it has no name but its super high grade. If you look at the pics, i have about 3 different strains and all born at the same time but yet still the the one strain is just growing at an expontial rate.

Okay my plants are 2 weeks old today (meaning I germinated the seeds 2 weeks ago). I didnt put them under the lights until they were one week old...someone told me the lights could burn the seedlings--so they've only been getting light for a week.
Anyway I am using floursecent plant lights (4 feet long, each bulb is 400 watts, 1900 something else). There are 3 bulbs and I am running them 24/7 and the plants are only about 6 inches under the lights (the lights do not get hot).

Should I be using MORE light or LESS? I scanned thru the link on photosynthesis that Hick posted, but I started having flashbacks from college. Can someone give me some advice? My plants looks nice and healthy, but just arent growing at the rate that undrx's are. I am jealous...

Hick said:
"YES"...they do look stressed. Extremely so. Quit picking the leaves fer krise sakes. Let them grow.

Okay okay!! Hick, i promise i wont!
i was however thinking about starting to train them
i found this diagram in another thread, u think i should? to maximize them?
or give them another week or two to relax after all my stressing them?

2mm7f9u.jpg

Whiskey Agogo said:
Okay my plants are 2 weeks old today (meaning I germinated the seeds 2 weeks ago). I didnt put them under the lights until they were one week old...someone told me the lights could burn the seedlings--so they've only been getting light for a week.
Anyway I am using floursecent plant lights (4 feet long, each bulb is 400 watts, 1900 something else). There are 3 bulbs and I am running them 24/7 and the plants are only about 6 inches under the lights (the lights do not get hot).

Should I be using MORE light or LESS? I scanned thru the link on photosynthesis that Hick posted, but I started having flashbacks from college. Can someone give me some advice? My plants looks nice and healthy, but just arent growing at the rate that undrx's are. I am jealous...

i think you should be fine, but if they arent getting hot, drop the light to about 2-3" over them.

look at some of my plants.. some are faster growing than others. I think thats just the different strains! there are some that make me wanna toss them out - they are so puny! but born the same time. go figure.
anyways, good luck with your harvest!

undrx said:
. I think thats just the different strains! there are some that make me wanna toss them out - they are so puny! but born the same time. go figure.
anyways, good luck with your harvest!

they are puny becasue with no fan leaves they cannot produce/collect much energy

ZMAN said:
they are puny becasue with no fan leaves they cannot produce/collect much energy

the little ones didnt really have too many fans... but we will see how they do. but i gotta tell u, they were born the same time and treated the same way.

I would wait a week or two and go 12/12 with the lights to begin flowering. They will double or triple in height during that next stage.

IMO.... Keep them cool, around 70-72 degrees and out of direct HPS light for a couple of days. Also I would go with an 18/6 Light cycle. Mabey a 20/4. Oh yeah like Hick said "quit picking at the leaves!!!

Good luck!!!

Stunzeed..

k, it's been a couple days since I pruned... and they all look healthy to be honest! i installed my proper co2 release system this evening... hehe should be interesting to see how the babies react to it! before i was just releasing it directly in the air. now i have it releasing right by the trunk, nice and even.

i am also experimenting with tying a couple of them like in the diagram, i attached. 1 day and they already start responded well to my first lesson!

lets hope they all grow up to be sexy girls!!

undrx said:
k, it's been a couple days since I pruned... and they all look healthy to be honest! i installed my proper co2 release system this evening... hehe should be interesting to see how the babies react to it! before i was just releasing it directly in the air. now i have it releasing right by the trunk, nice and even.

Releasing up in the air imho makes more sense... as leaves absorb the co2, not the trunk or roots... and co2 is heavier then air and will drop to floor level quickly neways.

Undrx.. Why are you doing this? the plant needs its leaves for many reasons. All ive seen in this thread is people telling you to sop pruning your damn plants... and what are you probably doing right now? while im posting this? pruning your damn plants thats what!! you need to stop cutting leaves off and let them grow bushy and plentiful.. there not decorative plants dude!

ahhaha i alreayd promised everyone!!! i WONT PRUNE ANYMORE, the 27th was the last time!!! LOL

im releasing the C02 by their roots so the leaves above willl abosrb.

the room is kinda big, if i release into the air, im afraid not too much gets to the plant.

undrx said:
ahhaha i alreayd promised everyone!!! i WONT PRUNE ANYMORE, the 27th was the last time!!! LOL

the room is kinda big, if i release into the air, im afraid not too much gets to the plant.

Like Kade stated you want to release that co2 over the canopy (if you have any canopy left, :rofl:) because at root level it is not doing you any good unless you have some way of circulating it. Remember above the plants because it will just end up on the floor and wasted. Good Luck!

undrx said:

Co2 is heavier then air man.... as in it drops...

I don't mean to be too rude but if you never listen to the advice ppl give you... why ask??

KADE said:

I don't mean to be too rude but if you never listen to the advice ppl give you... why ask??

harsh, and yet true.

KADE said:

For one thing, it DOES prove the saying..."You can lead a horse to water, but..."
[I could have been rude and quoted Forrest Gump...]

Nelson

Latest posts

Back