New grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undrx

green thumb
Reaction score
Hey everyone, some might remember my last batch of 12 were all hermies LOL

well, waited a few months, vacummed a bunch and think i got rid of all pollen so im trying again. These germinated on Dec 28th. Every 5 days i notice a huge growth. 4 in particular of the 8 are naturally fast growing and thick! its insane, they were fire and now looking the same way.

Here are a couple of shots from Jan 10th. thats about 2 weeks from being in a napkin!

Any advice?

Im using soil w/ perlite. a little homegrown co2 in the room. Its daylight for about 16 hours a day - all flourescent. and pruning the old mature leaves off every 12 days to push for new growth. Soil is aerated and given plant food every other watering ( i water every 2-3 days ) its Shultz 10-15-10 plant food i think. Room temperature is about 80'F and between 49%-55% humidity.

thanks
Ill post some more pics as soon as i resize them!

ALSO - If you hold the mouse over the attached pic, look at the name to see the date of the plant... there are only Jan 10 and Jan 25 pics. To show the growth.

jan10_07 (12).JPG

jan25_07 (25).JPG

if i am not mistaken you shouldnt be trimming any leaves off of it. those leaves are what catch the sunlight to store energy for growth!

Yea, dont trim any leaves off man. Heck, I even leave the dead ones on as long as they are not blocking any light~

hahah k, well... last night i gave them all a good trimming.. ill resist for a couple weeks! by the way, they were all born the same time but u can see some are LOTS stronger and thicker than others... yep, different strains!

Strong looking plants, man, but, to keep them healthy and help their growth, you should stop trimming. It is a temptation, but one you should resist...:farm:

Nelson

by the looks of what you took off they might hermie on you if they arnt males aready

Too much stress and "bam" a Rosie O'Donnell (hermie) plant will appear! :rofl: Remember fan leaves feed each node so don't remove them the bigger they are the better they can process the light and move nutes.

yeah man don't trim. Those large leafs hold neuts and absorb light. These are the leaves that keep the plant alive.

ya man from my experience i would say do not trim them until they have buds cuz during veg u want them to thrive ...and since there are no buds theres no need to try and focus the nutrition to somewhere.

Its easy not to trim, are you an addict?! lol, my plants are so bushy i sometimes wonder if we accidently bought bush seeds lol

If you want them to bush up then they need more light.

okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay

i promise! no more trimming... i did the last trim a couple days ago - now i have them looking how i want them. I'll take pics tonight and show you'll how they look

undrx said:
Hey everyone, some might remember my last batch of 12 were all hermies LOL

well, waited a few months, vacummed a bunch and think i got rid of all pollen so im trying again. These germinated on Dec 28th. Every 5 days i notice a huge growth. 4 in particular of the 8 are naturally fast growing and thick! its insane, they were fire and now looking the same way.

Here are a couple of shots from Jan 10th. thats about 2 weeks from being in a napkin!

Any advice?

Im using soil w/ perlite. a little homegrown co2 in the room. Its daylight for about 16 hours a day - all flourescent. and pruning the old mature leaves off every 12 days to push for new growth. Soil is aerated and given plant food every other watering ( i water every 2-3 days ) its Shultz 10-15-10 plant food i think. Room temperature is about 80'F and between 49%-55% humidity.

thanks
Ill post some more pics as soon as i resize them!

ALSO - If you hold the mouse over the attached pic, look at the name to see the date of the plant... there are only Jan 10 and Jan 25 pics. To show the growth.

Holy Smokes, undrx!! These things are huge! Do you know what you're growing here? I've got White Widows about 2 weeks old and they're JUST getting their second set of leaves!
I'm basically doing what you're doing in terms of soil and nutes, but I keep them under the fluros 24/7.
Should I give them some darkness? Would that help them grow at the rate yours are growing?
Anyone??

Whiskey Agogo said:
Holy Smokes, undrx!! These things are huge! Do you know what you're growing here? I've got White Widows about 2 weeks old and they're JUST getting their second set of leaves!
I'm basically doing what you're doing in terms of soil and nutes, but I keep them under the fluros 24/7.
Should I give them some darkness? Would that help them grow at the rate yours are growing?
Anyone??

2 weeks they should be on their 4 set or more. sounds like you need more light. Cfl's ect... No nutes Untill 3 or 4 weeks if in soil

Whiskey Agogo said:
Anyone??

thanks!!!

you might wanna drop the lighting time from 24/7

i give them 16 hours per day. Also try some nutrients and co2...
im gonna take some pics tonight and show the progress.

They are growing fast every other day. :D

everytime i trim.. within 5 days its bushy again! i love the progress.

im growing some fire a$$ bud from Jamaica. it has no name but its super high grade. If you look at the pics, i have about 3 different strains and all born at the same time but yet still the the one strain is just growing at an expontial rate.

keep doing what you doing trim if you wonna grow bonsai type of weed i got a friend who do thesame thing i think they look god

here are shots from just a few minutes ago. as u can see all still nice and healthy

jan_30_07 (1).JPG

jan_30_07 (50).JPG

jan_30_07-(22).jpg

jan_30_07-(26).jpg

jan_30_07-(41).jpg

jan_30_07-(42).jpg

jan_30_07-(45).jpg

jan_30_07-(25).jpg

jan_30_07-(27).jpg

jan_30_07-(40).jpg

jan_30_07-(44).jpg

jan_30_07-(46).jpg