New grower. Bubblelicious fem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iams

Off the leash!
Reaction score
Hi to all.

Starting my first grow. I got some Nirvana Bubblelicious fem seeds to try first. Grow space is 3x4 and I have a 600w hps/mh for lighting.

I mixed the home depot soil and some peralite with some lyme and let it rest for a week. I rinsed the pots/ soil for 3 of those days due to the store bought soil is prefertalized and wanted to rinse out some of that fertalizer. soil ph on the stick measures 6.5. ( I don't know If that would help to flush like that but did it anyway. plz comment as needed.)

Tomorrow I plan on starting seeds in 3gal pots under 2 ltr. dome as this has worked best for me in the past. 2 maybe 3 pots total.

Lighting will be the 600mh for the first 2 weeks at 24-0. After 2 weeks switch to the 600 hps for rest of grow at 20-4.

Ventalation is good keeping the space under light at 78 degrees. Multiple oscilating fans ready and waiting.

I am new to purchased seeds so I am going slow and small. Please ask any questions and I will try to answer as best as I can.

I'm hoping to learn more from this grow than wonder about end weight.

green mojo to you all.

Iams

Why are you switching to 20-4 after the first 2 weeks of 24-0? MJ needs no dark period in veg.What brand of soil are you using?

Why are you switching from mh to hps after two weeks as well unless your strain is an auto (dont remember off hand and know nothing about autos).

In addition to what Hamster said, your seeds mature in 4-6+ weeks I would allow for sexual maturity before cutting the lights down to 12/12. I would recommend you letting your girls get mature(showing preflowers) before putting them into the hps light, veg growth needs to be in the 6500k color temp range.

Your seedlings will likely burn up in fertilized soil, you want a soil free of anything for the youngsters.

I disagree with the 6500k statement for veg,
I have veg/flowerd with an HPS and didn't notice a difference between my mh and hps for veg.

Another, If your running the auto versions, I recommend keeping lights on 24/0 until you see her flower then drop to 20/4..
I have a log here of the bubblelicious auto's from Nirvana under bubba902

I, personally really notice a difference when vegging with T5s and with HPS. I get a lot more stretch with anything I veg under HPS than I do with plants vegged under light in the 6500K range.

I agree on the pre-nuted soil. I wouldn't plant seeds in anything with nutrients. I also think that a 3 gal is too large to start seeds out in.

Your lighting schedule sounds like a light schedule for an auto? Did you buy real Bubblicious or a bubblicious auto?

I gotta say that I also notice a considerable difference when vegging under T5's compared to vegging under an HPS. T5's do a hell of a better job IMO.

HL..Soil was sta-green veg and indoor plant. What brands are available at lowes/ home depot that do not have nutes in them. They all seem to be marked that way. i have not planted seeds yet.

THG.. I ordered bub. fems, but know looking back at the site I see there are options for bub fem and bub fem+auto. My package of seeds are only stamped fem, no auto. It seems these seeds are on a non auto schedule?

TSBS...I was under an impression on a sticky here that the first couple of weeks under mh was good for fem rates, then switch to hps for better veging. I will tke advisment to correct times once I figured out what seeds I bought..lol.

By product marking it appears to be Bubblelicious fems.... non auto, unless someone can confirm Nirvana does not mark packs with fem and autos.

HL....did I read earlier of you recommending MG seed starter for medium? That I have seen at lowes.

recommendations on times, hps vs mh, soil brands or anthing to help tighten this up before seeding is appreciated.

Iams

I must agree with Thg and Hammey. I have used MH to veg and while it will certainly work just fine to veg under MH or HPS, they do much better and grow tighter under 6500K light. I have heard on here that you can get MH in the 6500K spectrum but I haven't seen any.

For seedlings I have found that the rapid rooters from Advanced Nutrients or any of the similar plugs work really good for germing. It allows them to get some roots going and toughen up a bit before being introduced to a small container of soil(and nutes). Then once they are established plants at several weeks, I move to permenant pots. :)

Yes I can get Miracle Grow Seed Starter Mix at both Lowes and Agent Orange near me. It's what I hve been using for years now. I add a lil extra perlite and some sweet lime to it and I am set.

Hamster Lewis said:
Yes I can get Miracle Grow Seed Starter Mix at both Lowes and Agent Orange near me. It's what I hve been using for years now. I add a lil extra perlite and some sweet lime to it and I am set.

And you used this through the whole grow?

Iams

Tell us about your space. What size it is and what your ventilation set-up is. A 600W is good for about 16 sq ft. You are also going to need to be exchanging air. This means that you have to exhaust out CO2 depleted air and bring in fresh air continually while the lights are on. Oscillating fans are not going to do it.

I would recommend starting your seeds in Rapid Rooters or Seed Starter like Hammy does. They will not need any extra nutrients for 2-3 weeks, but after that, you are going to have to add nutrients. Many here use GH (General Hydroponics) Flora series.

Put your seedlings under a fluorescent light when they are small. It is easy to burn them up with a MH when you are just starting out. I recommend the MH for your entire veg period. HPS is for flowering. Run your vegging lights 24/7. Marijuana will grow all the time the lights are on. It does not need a dark period during veg. I would veg them 4-8 weeks depending on how many plants you start and how large your space is.

It appears that you have the reg Bubblelicious. I am sure the autos are marked as autos. These will take a 12/12 lighting schedule to flower.

Iams said:
And you used this through the whole grow?

Iams

Yes I hve used MG Seed Starter through out the whole grow for years now....I use GH 3 part for my nutrients and the MG Seed Starter allows me to control the feeding through the whole grow. It's not a super soil that feeds the plants. It's just a neutral soil with no time release ferts in it.

HL...thanks, good to know.

THG... Thanks for time and light recommendation. Space is corner of 12x12 room that dw was willing to give up. light hangs from cealing in a corner and I have made temporary reflector walls all with flat white for inner walls so in the corner of the room I have a 4x4 area that I can use to reflect light back in.

In the very corner I have installed a 4 inch dryer vent thru floor and am pulling in screened air from outside house. This vent is below the grow table. Cealing has bathroom style cealing fan that vents to space below roof decking. I'm not sure what its cfm's are but will be looking into it. It's an older fan that actually pulls air/ smoke, not the new style that makes noise, has no vent and pulls no air.

Also the room in on the house ac system so that moves some air as well as helps keep room cool.

Any more questions or advice is just what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help already.

Iams.

I'm loving my rapid rooters, I put my little seeds in them two days ago (this is the third day today) and they're about to break surface, I've only had to water the RRs twice (they hold water great).

If your pulling air from outside wont that bring outside heat/cold in and cause a temp inbalance? Your hps might cause it to heat up even more; what kind of reflector are you using?

You may want to change around your air movement to a passive intake and place your fan to push air out to under your roof decking. It will give you an easier way for odor control when flowering time comes because you can pull your stinky air through your carbon filter.

the cool blues of a MH/flor's from seedling day 1 to a week will give greater number of females, along with cooler temps and a higher feed of N (this has worked with EVERY femmed bean I've sprouted). This is what I read from one of Shanti's postings, so I've gone with what the master breeder says....ooohh woops I meant Arjan..lol...jk...I meant Shanti...:rofl:

So yeah I can see why he'd want to help use the environment to sway the numbers to his favor.

7greeneyes said:
the cool blues of a MH/flor's from seedling day 1 to a week will give greater number of females

Buy why switch after those two week to an hps if hps doesnt give a proper color spectrum range for veg.

Ever since I've learned how some fem'd seeds are made and had my theory backed up by people on here I'm hesitant on buying them; Also depends on the breeder's credibility. My order is gonna only have a few fem seeds which are Lemon OG and LA Confidential from DNA Genetics, and Pineapple Chunk from Barney's Farm. Hopefully bub will turn out to be stable for ya.

I like regular seeds so I can jump into making my own seeds in time.

Ok. I switched out soil for mg seed starter soil ,mxed with perlite and lyme. I have soaked and drained them, any recommend amount of days before use? Also chose smaller pots. solo cup sized.

lighting 600mh 24-0 for veg 4-8 weeks. Then switch to 600hps for flowering. 12-12.

feeding after 2-3 weeks or so, or is there a recomended amount of growth before first feeding?

I am reading up on gh 3 feedings and this seems like the way to go. These products should be available at local hydro shop? I saw no hydro stuff at lowes.

Starting seeds in a rapidrooter or other seed starter, but not a jiffy pot.

I have good well water but am letting a bucket sit out for a day for when its time to water. Ph of soil should be tested on run-off from watering? I do have the 2 rod ph tester but am doubtful of its accuracy. (14.95 seems too cheap to be accurate.)

Anymore recommendations or observations are appreciated.

Iams

Local hydro should have gh 3 part, if you want to save some moeny some people use the lucas formula which uses flora bloom and flora micro. My hydro person told me Canna brand which also has a 3 part nute set thats cheaper was her #1 seller (I always take their advise with a grain of salt because she told me my super soil mix was going to be out performed by FFOF) Rapid Rooters are dirt cheap, I would veg till you see preflowers; a sign they're ready for flowering and tells you if they're male or female.

Heres a link to the lucas formula
hxxp://lucasformula.com/index.html

Good luck in your grow!

Iams said:
Ok. I switched out soil for mg seed starter soil ,mxed with perlite and lyme. I have soaked and drained them, any recommend amount of days before use? Also chose smaller pots. solo cup sized.

lighting 600mh 24-0 for veg 4-8 weeks. Then switch to 600hps for flowering. 12-12.

feeding after 2-3 weeks or so, or is there a recomended amount of growth before first feeding?

I am reading up on gh 3 feedings and this seems like the way to go. These products should be available at local hydro shop? I saw no hydro stuff at lowes.

Starting seeds in a rapidrooter or other seed starter, but not a jiffy pot.

I have good well water but am letting a bucket sit out for a day for when its time to water. Ph of soil should be tested on run-off from watering? I do have the 2 rod ph tester but am doubtful of its accuracy. (14.95 seems too cheap to be accurate.)

Anymore recommendations or observations are appreciated.

Iams

Sounds good. It looks like you have all your ducks in a row and have a workable plan. The only thing I would be worried about is your ventilation. You may find that you need a centrifuge type fan to keep things cool.

If you have well water and do not chlorinate it, you do not need to let it sit out. The sitting out is for the chlorine to evaporate. However, with well water, I suggest that you have the ppms checked. Most well water has a lot of dissolved solids. The 2 prong pH testers are untrustworthy and useless.

I did not like running the Lucas formula in veg, although I often ran it in flowering. I don't feel that it provides nearly enough N for vegging. I have found with GH Flora series nutes that I have to add Cal-Mag during flowering.

Latest posts

Back