new grower concerned!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a ton to learn and remember...it's a full time adventure for me!

This your first time trying to grow? If so, expect to fail and be very happily surprised if you don't! Not saying you'll fail, just don't get too heartbroken if/when things start to go badly. It's a learning experience, many of us failed our first time. Usually, because we didn't have the proper set-up or knowledge to make it through.

My first try was under MH lighting in 5 gallon pails with bagseed...they lived, just didn't produce due to hermie and even males...OUCH! Learned a lot from that and, with my next attempt (I'd call it the first serious attempt), I produced a 6'+ behemoth that gave me 10oz of dried dank!!

Hang in there bro. Your doin fine. Be careful not to put the light too close. If you can put your hand under it without being burned, then the plants should be ok as well. Here's some GREEN MOJO for ya. Take care man. :)

thanx guys. i have attempted and failed of corse but im ready to produce! I think i got all the major things down its the simple/small things i question because i sometime over analyze. like i never knew I had to bury the stem in that way... im learning, im trying... i better succeed. lol. thanxagain guys

I think it's kinda good to be, don't take this the wrong way, anal. Some times it's the small things that gettcha. I find I tend to be a little over the top as well, but I also know exactly what's happening in my grow space. Which is a good thing. Take care man..stay safe. :)

I produced a nice first crop -- wasn't perfect, but I am still smoking my own buds. Patience is the key, and being on top of things, but patience is required for sure -- It is hard to wait another day to water or feed, but waiting will make the plant much happier than too much water or food -- enviornmental changes are always going on -- there are a thousand things to go wrong tho -- just hang in there and you will prevail -- like the man said on my first day in MP -- "It's not rocket science." Good luck, and Green MOJO to you fellow grower :)

Peace

thank u all so much... i know that patience is gonna kill me. just knowing what i can produce is amazing. I appreciate u all so much. I sometimes hold back questions becuz I think its too small. For now I just occasionally opening the tent evry day or 2 to exchange the air. i dont know how to set up ventilation with the t5 light and the inline. so im jut using a small house fan and opening the tent door for now

You need proper ventilation. Just opening the tent every day or two is not providing the plants with the CO2 they need. You need to continually EXCHANGE the air in your space. Out with the old and in with the new. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh air for proper photosynthesis all the time the lights are on. What kind of fan do you have and how much air does it move?

One thing that will kill you is over watering. I water probably twice a week. Make sure you let your soil dry some before you water. I found my plants do better with a twice a week water

this is the fan i have. if u could tell me how to set up ventilation i would appreciate it

hxxp://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Active-Air-inch-Line/dp/B002JQ14F8

GrowLikeU said:
i have everything im suppoesed to, brand new. i have the plant in there now with a lil fan blowing on low...its not humid or hott in there.

You need to monitor your temps and humidity. What temps are you running at?

Did you get a speed controller for your fan? If not you are going to need one.

i will go buy speed controller tmrw. the temps are at 70degrees. I just wana know how to set up ventilation really. could some1 plz answer my question

thank u

Latest posts

Back