new grower concerned!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowLikeU

Reaction score
Im a new grower, i have three seed thats had sprouted and are growing and two that I just put in rockwool today. Its been about a week and I think my plants are now just stuck where they are. they seem like the same size for the last 3days. I dont know if im just over analyzing or if i possibly did something wrong. ive been growing the lil seedlings under a fluorescent light. so am I just worrying myself?

Photo on 2012-01-12 at 20.49.jpg

they are way underlit. you need to get those stems buried asap nad upgrade your lighting. not looking good

so u saying i should gon a head and put them in dirt and pots and put them in the tent tonight... or did i mess up too bad?

Yep. If you already have tent and lighting/ventilation set up in tent, get them in some pots. There ready.

yes i have tent and light...i had a question about ventilation during this early part of veg..i never received a answer! what do u mean by ventilation...can u elaborate plz!

your going to need a inline fan to extract the air from the tent.

i have one... i have everything im suppose to be im confused as how to set it up with the tent.

is the stems buried good enuff? could u guys kinda instruct me on how to set up ventilation at this point. im using a t5 light

thank u

Photo on 2012-01-12 at 21.50.jpg

i personaly would of went a bit more buried. giving them proper lighting from the begining though will make it so you dont ever have to do this.

Get your light within a couple of inches of the top of your plants now. To avoid stretch. As for ventilation, what kind of fan do you have???

HomieHogleg

The more they have to stretch for light the less stable the stems will be get that light up there!

i will bury more!i have the 6 in. in-line fan (not booster fan). I just need to know how to hook up ventilation

Ventilation isn't that important at their current size; an open door every now and then should be enough.

King Bud said:
Ventilation isn't that important at their current size; an open door every now and then should be enough.

ventilation is always important, opening a door once in awhile does not work. youll need atleast a box fan or something blowing in there through the open door at the very minimum. thats what im doing now for my veg closet. if i closed the door without anything the plants would cook, get issues.

even with my LEDs or my T5 i need to exhange the air cause heat bulids up.

Hello there!

If u wanna grow first you need to prepare for it. Either by reading some nice handbook or reading the forums.

The plant needs 3 really important thing firstly. Air, light, water. You need to make sure the temp is between 20-25C all the time. You need some nice T5 lightning bulbs for proper veg growing too. The air must be moved by a small oscillating fan and keep the humidity between 45-55%.

If u wanna grow i suggest you to read as much as you can.

Also i wanna say that those little plants are not that bad looking. Just give them light and make sure your water quality is good. I used distilled water for the first 2 weeks. Than filtered ph'd water. Later on you can add some good nutes but small amount.

i have everything im suppoesed to, brand new. i have the plant in there now with a lil fan blowing on low...its not humid or hott in there.

okay just dont forget to keep monitoring the environment all the time since thats the key.

There is a lot of info that you need to learn. I wish you the best

ive been reading. i got the major things! i think its just the simple unmentioned things that i need a lil help with...

Latest posts

Back