New Grower, Going strong. Any Advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you go to all the trouble to clone them, are you positive of their sex? No sense in cloning males..it's probably possible to cut the plant, i've never done it, but i've cloned plenty. I made my own clone chamber with 6 2" net pots,aquarium pump, air stone 2 gal container and a diluted mixture of rooting solution. Buy good liquid rooting solution, you always get what you pay for. This way you can start the clones with plenty of oxygen and nutrients being bubbled onto the cutting. Make your cut and then cut again under water as described in previous post. Mine have generally rooted within a week, you can then transplant. The clones have done great for me under cfls..good luck!

first, limited budget was mentioned. second the tops - stem - yup and you put into peat pods like i said in trays till they root. then into 2 gal. pots is ok.

half century - look at the pics

ok so take the tops from the two good plants, and try to get them to root? and then clone the rest. Im going to make sure they are female first though. That would be dumb if they werent.Thanks!

lotsAweed:cool:

let them grow abit. then take all the tops and any 4" cuttings you can.

Ok guys, heres the update after speding about two hours at the local hardware store, let me know what you think.

Lighting - There are two ways i can go, there are 4 100 watt cfl lights that put out 1600 lumens a piece. Then there are 6 60 watt cfl lights that put out 900 lumens a piece. If i go that way i am going to build my own lighting fixture and wire them up in a series. Thats the best and creative way to go. Would this be ok for vegetation?

ok option 2 - There is a outside lighting fixture that is a security light. it is an hps light. now, if i take the case off of it and build a reflector for it it would be the same thing. It is only 50 watt however. It does put out 4050 lumens though.

Now, if i used the cfls for vegetation, and then added the hps light in for flowering, would this be a good set up? This was the most logical thing i could come up with after two hours of looking and reading boxes. I hope it shows that im doing my research haha, so ne help from here?

I am starting the cloning process today after i get my lights set up. No use to clone w/o the lights up :) . Anyways, The box that theyll be growing in is made of wood and the inside is covered with white paper, evenely so that the light will distribute good. also i have a cpu fan in the bottom with a hole in the box to let air out, and then there is another hole to let air in. Also i have a thermometer set up to tell me the temp so i can regulate the airflow to keep it between 72-80 degrees. Thanks again guys, the help from this forum is amazing and 100%

lotsAweed:D

oh p.s. Ill make sure to get pictures of this crafty set up on here if it all looks good to you guys!:cool:

you posted some pics of some indoor plants.

and you say they were growing outside.

and then you brought them inside.

if you were a plant, would you like that done to you?

your plants look pretty sad. sorry to say it.

make sure that the security light has the growth spectrum. it was not built to be a grow light. i'd go with the cfl's. IMHO

seattle420 said:
you posted some pics of some indoor plants.

and you say they were growing outside.

and then you brought them inside.

if you were a plant, would you like that done to you?

your plants look pretty sad. sorry to say it.

Yeah, we've gotten this far. If you saw everyone else's posts, we're trying to help this guy, not tell him he and/or his plants are crap. We understand the situation, and are working to move FORWARD. Posts like yours help no one.

go to yer user cp in the dark green line above, then look on the left hand side - go down to buddy/ignore list. enter seattle420 and hit update. then you dont have to see this annoying diarreah.

Because that is what this forum is. A source of information. Not a place to deman one another. As Fluid said, they "are working to move forward."

astra007 said:
go to yer user cp in the dark green line above, then look on the left hand side - go down to buddy/ignore list. enter seattle420 and hit update. then you dont have to see this annoying diarreah.

Thanks, this is great!! :)

astra007 said:

Thank ____ (fill in the blank).... now THAS ^^^ Useful information ppl!

hey thanks everyone, i didnt really appreciate his comment in the first place. i should have pics up today of the set up, thanks

lotsAweed

lotsaweed said:
ps that douchbag has been ignored :)
You don't have to worry about him anymore because he has been banned from the forum.

oh sure, i post directions to show people how to put this........... on ignore. waste all that time and energy, researching and 1 finger imput typing and all my efforts go to waste because NOW you decide to ban him. well golly. geewhiz, thanks a heep.

Latest posts

Back