new grower got some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey whats up fellas n ladies I was wondering for a PC grow box in attempt to grow 1 plant in it for thats all the space allows and the discreetness is necessary.

My questions are :
#1, seeds - do I need only 1 female seed planted in order for the plant to grow ? or multiple ?

#2 as it grows I will start flowering early in an attempt to get a constant flow of buds so that i may continuously smoke, what sort of techniques do you recommend for this, this is my first time growing so any information in this area will be appreciated.

#3 I was just looking at my pot with the seeds in it still trying to sprout and i noticed 2 bugs, each a different species (one small and white, another a bit bigger easily noticeable to the eye compared to the other brown and spider like.). I put the pot outside for now and I figure my best bet will to be deroot it wash thoroughly and transplant it into a clean more bigger pot. What do you recommend to prevent bugs from ever getting in period tbis is most important to me, preventation, and also if I do happen to have this problem again unfortunately then what do you recommend as a solution??? I'd like to be as organic as possible.

any other tips or advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot in advance hope anyone offering advice can get back to me soon.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh yeah, after removing the pot I (unplugged everything) and sprayed it down with disinfectent alcohol every inch of it and im letting it air-dry.

you might want to start with reading some basic newbie grow info. at the top of this forum you will see a thread named "Newbies, read this before you post a question!" which contains a nice guide to get you started.

and don't put alcohol on a plant. you'll probably just kill it.

Read the grow guides, taking notes as you go.
Work out how much space you have. This will give you an idea how much lighting you will need and how much ventilation.
Once you have that down, it will also give you an idea how many plants you can grow in the space you have.
I run perpetual harvests, which means I have a small crop of 3 plants maturing every 2 weeks. It takes a little working out and thinking ahead but it works of me and I am never out of smoke.
Green mojo fella, now go read some of the guides.
Peace W

passthemaryjane said:
Hey whats up fellas n ladies I was wondering for a PC grow box in attempt to grow 1 plant in it for thats all the space allows and the discreetness is necessary.

My questions are :
#1, seeds - do I need only 1 female seed planted in order for the plant to grow ? or multiple ?

#2 as it grows I will start flowering early in an attempt to get a constant flow of buds so that i may continuously smoke, what sort of techniques do you recommend for this, this is my first time growing so any information in this area will be appreciated.

#3 I was just looking at my pot with the seeds in it still trying to sprout and i noticed 2 bugs, each a different species (one small and white, another a bit bigger easily noticeable to the eye compared to the other brown and spider like.). I put the pot outside for now and I figure my best bet will to be deroot it wash thoroughly and transplant it into a clean more bigger pot. What do you recommend to prevent bugs from ever getting in period tbis is most important to me, preventation, and also if I do happen to have this problem again unfortunately then what do you recommend as a solution??? I'd like to be as organic as possible.

any other tips or advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot in advance hope anyone offering advice can get back to me soon.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm with the others--you really need to do some reading to get a basic idea of what you need to grow.

1. I always recommend planting more than one seed--sometimes they just don't germinate, sometimes they die, sometimes fem seeds are not. I do not know what you mean by "multiply"?

2. Plants will not flower until they are sexually mature, so it is counterproductive to put them into flowering early as they will not flower until they are sexually mature--they will stretch, not develop as many internodes, and produce less if put into 12/12 too early.

3. None of what you have mentioned here is a good idea. Plants put outdoors are apt to pick up more pests--I would not put an inside plant outside. Do not deroot it--this will kill it. Why are you changing the soil? I would get the basics down before I worried about being organic.

You really need to understand the basics of growing. I would start with the Resources section and then read the Stickies at the beginning of each forum that apply to the way you want to grow. Do you have a grow space set up?

thanks for the quick replies, I have done quite a bit of research already and have already constructed my grow box.

**it is okay for the box to be in the same room im living in right ? thats part of the reason i am not trying to spray any pesticides etc. not trying to inhale that myself,

These seeds I am using right now are just some random ones so im not too worried if I kill this plant I am not in a hurry I really want to learn how to do this and do it right. That way later on when I have my own place i will be able to grow hopefully more like you guys n gals :)

Do you recommend then that I let my plant be in vegetative growth until it fills the space I wish it to then begin the flowering process or will I also need to just keep it at that certain size until the female / male buds begin to form, at which case i will cut out the male buds ? are you saying that the herb will collect the right amount of thc and mature to perfection around 2 weeks woody ?

thanks guys really appreciate this.

my main problem is these bugs though, not even sure how the hell they got in my room... i just cleaned the entire thing before I put the grow box in here... maybe they were in the soil to begin with i'm thinking because I just pulled that out from a nursery at which I purchased another type of plant im using as a dummy plant and also to use as a trainer.

I'm in a real pickle here because I don't think there is any shops that sell quality soil so there is any way to debug regular soil?

thnks

Hi
I think you misunderstood what I meant by perpetual harvest, heres how it works.
In my flowering room, I have a total of 12 plants.
I put 3 plant to flower every 2 weeks, so every 2 weeks, 3 plants are ready for harvest.
This system takes months to get working because you have to take cuttings on a 2 weekly basis.
The whole process for each plant is at least 16 weeks, 8 weeks veg/rooting and 8 weeks flowering.

You can grow in your "living space" but it will have to be a light proof space for when you are flowering. If any light gets into the box when you are flowering and it is during the dark period, it can cause your plant to hermaphrodite on you. I had one do this to me this week and its a PITA.

I totally agree with THG when germinating seeds, always work with several and stay away from feminised (where my hermie came from)

Bugs can sometimes be in soil. It doesnt take much for a bag of shop bought stuff to be contaminated. I grow with a hydroponics set up so I tend not to suffer this problem.

Good luck. W

I would again encourage you to do a lot more reading. You need to understand what the plant needs to grow and how it grows. Go to the Resource section and read. And then read all the Stickies that pertain to how you want to grow. There are recipes for good soil mixtures here. You may well have to start entirely over if your soil is contaminated, but I also run hydro, so dirt is not my area of expertise.

Tell us about your grow space--how large, what size and types of light, what kind of ventilation system do you have set up?

i guess what there saying is there is a lot great info on this site ( there is) you should do some research. we really dont mind helping but you need to help yourself also. your just wasting your time now b/c to get good bud you have to be a little more prepared. sorry if im out of line here.

Yeah, do some reading, get yourself up to speed and you'll be fine. Here's some GREEN MOJO for ya. PEACE BRO.

So many people that are starting out growing want to run to the finish line b4 they even know how to walk. I believe most of us here have scarrs on our knees from trying to run too fast. I know my knees are scarred from being impatient. I would recommend gettin yerself a MJ growers book off Amazon or High times websites as that puts all the info from the botany to the bowl in one spot, and will really get yer mindset straight b4 starting. THEN come back here and read the stickies. There's sooo much information, sooo much to learn, and many excellent methods for various situations. When I started, I had no idea that growing MJ was so "involved". It's sooomuch more than just sticking a seed in dirt and watching it grow. I hope we are not discouraging yu from growing as that is not what we want. We want to help yu not waiste a lot of money and time and get discouraged as that can and does happen a lot.

Latest posts

Back