New grower in NY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it soil(Less) you grow in..go super easy on the watering, they simply don't need much till they get to be a pretty Appreciable size. Even then they won't like it. Just my experience in soiless mediums. Always err on the side of slightly drier than wetter..
I been growing in coco so long the few soil grows I have done in the last few years was like jumping from your sports car on to a John deer tractor. Growth was so slow It was maddening..
New growers always seem to do Autos. I have never done Autos before..Something weird about those for me, Probably just my hang up I'm sure.
Good luck with them.

It is kind of fun to start them in about another week or 2 here, then by the hottest part of the end of may - first, middle of june, you get a little batch of a surprise to hold you over until Halloween. Start a couple in about 2 weeks and wait a month and start 2 more. First 2 hide in the sweet corn and the last 2 can park between the tomatoes.

Thank you. I like the idea of soilless growing. I’m about to give that a try. Like I said, I’m brand new to this, so I’m just trying to grow some nice plants. (I wanna be like you guys,) and have nice plants. I’m getting better and I appreciate the input. Thanks again

I grow soil less...only way I have ever grown. I am in a tent in my basement. I try to keep my humidity between 30 and 40 % And my temp between 75 and 80 F. You will learn how to maximize yield with strains and taste and flavor with strains as well. Ballance the two out for your sweet spot.

Ok. Coming to you pros again for some advice. This is a super skunk auto thing n a bubbler bucket. pH hovers 5.9-6.2, the only nutes I have in there are humboldts secret a+b. The stalk looks like a tree trunk, I’m happy with the grow so far but it looks light to me. Color wise. I see that could be a nitrogen deficiency. My question is can I add a nitrogen rich fertilizer into the mix I have now? It’s fresh I just changed it out a few days ago, or do I need to empty it out and start over with the nutes? I ordered floranova grow and bloom. Is this cool? How easy is it to give a plant a nitro boost. Btw this plant is 3 weeks old. Thanks everyone in advance
775C65EC-6C27-4EA0-8903-FAA604865F33.jpeg
6F95CDBB-4D02-4B06-A828-AD505A848720.jpeg

If it was a nitrogen deficiency the old leaves would be more yellow than the new. Humboldts has a bunch of additives they want to sell you. My guess is their calcium supplement would help. I didn't look at all the micro nutrients. Anyway, it doesn't look that light to me, but I'm color blind.

I’m hearing conflicting stories regarding when a plant is done and ready for harvest. Can anyone here tell me if I’m there yet? It’s an autoflower that sprouted late January.
085258E2-DFBA-45A9-BC78-019A84E06D4D.jpeg

F97925F0-673F-42EE-BC47-4C7AD251DD57.jpeg
66DB6DBE-5D6E-4D95-90DF-84459EA46D70.jpeg

You are very close. If you are able. I can blow up pictures that I am about to take with my phone. If you have a extremely steady hand (I Dont At That Magnification) you might be able to use your phone camera to look at them. If not your next grow purchase if you can needs to be a loupe. Sort of as important as a timer when you go to 12/12.

Should the trichomes be milky white or is it ok to let them get a little amber in them. I have a hand microscope but a very unsteady hand lol

Depends on the buzz you want. Generally, the more amber, the more couch locky the buzz will be. If you are unsure, you can always harvest in steps. take some buds when you have about 10-20% amber and some later when you have more amber. You want done amber trichs to ensure ripeness though. That can also depend on strain. I had a photoperiod sativa grow where none of the plants had any amber even after 14 weeks of flowering.

So looking at my pics would you say a week or two more? Here’s a microscope pic. I just don’t want to **** it up by harvesting prematurely
5D4A3122-015D-46F4-90C3-E86100B72D73.jpeg

51674048-4DD7-4821-9BFB-98D47338049D.jpeg

From the pics, I don’t really see amber but I do see some clear trichomes. I have harvested with a lot of clear and those buds were not relaxing at all. I would check your plants every day to gauge the ripening progress. Different strains ripen at different rates. Every time I have posted ‘is it ready yet’ pics, the chorus of answers was ‘another week or two’ so I will says ‘another week or two’…

nice looking frostiness btw…

From the pics, I don’t really see amber but I do see some clear trichomes. I have harvested with a lot of clear and those buds were not relaxing at all. I would check your plants every day to gauge the ripening progress. Different strains ripen at different rates. Every time I have posted ‘is it ready yet’ pics, the chorus of answers was ‘another week or two’ so I will says ‘another week or two’…

nice looking frostiness btw…

thank you kindly sir, that’s the answer I was looking for

Here’s another one flowering. This was the first plant I did the “fim” technique on. Amazing how such a small adjustment can lead to such growth.

Last edited:
Here’s another one flowering. This was the first plant I did the “fim” technique on. Amazing how such a small adjustment can lead to such growth.
65BE437D-0B48-4668-9269-E8948623B87A.jpeg

I love fimming my plants. I sometimes get a little crazy fimming when I should be topping for just a few more of this quad tops. I wish I had more headroom in my tent. Will have fun trying it on my first outdoor grow this year.

Latest posts

Back