new grower..indoor..soil or hydro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grownincali420

Reaction score
whats up everyone,which method would yield me the most and biggest buds. i will be using a 600 watt hps light in a 2'W X 41/2'L X 10'H closet.my seeds are cracking..i just need to know whether i need to buy cubes or soil..sort of an a.s.a.p. question,i would appreciate any imput or help.

thanks everyone

by the way, only 2 seeds are cracking right now, so it will mot likely only be the 2 with ample room in my 2'X4' tray

Take your pick. I grow soil just because i have heard that it is easyier. I have never even tried hydro. But if you talk to a hydro grower they would probably say hydro is easyer. I have heard that hydro needs a lot more monitoring than soil and Im not sure but from the pics of all the hydro setups I see they seem to take up quite a bit of space. I have two tiny closets that I can only fit two plants per closet so I just stick with soil. But its all personal prefrence so maybe you should try both and then continue with what method you like better.

For a beginner, soil I would say, it is a bit more forgiving than hydro, with hydro one mistake can be the end....

Hydro will yield more in a shorter amount of time. Instead of the plant investing in a large root system, hydroponically grown plants have a very small root mass comparatively speaking. This is due to the nutes being so readily available in the water. GL man.

thanks for the input guys...im going to pick up some super soil right now...ill keep you guys posted on progress..

would also appreciate any additional info...long time smoker..first time grower..first crop out of many to come

Latest posts

Back