New grower with question on nutrient feeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BALD EAGLE

Reaction score
I'm a new grower and wanted some insight on when I should start feeding the seedlings.

Attachments

• foto_no_exif.jpg
    foto_no_exif.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Hey BE. Welcome to the passion. What kind of soil do you have it in? I mean is it preloaded with nutrients? Or maybe organic naked soil?

I use the FF strawberry soil and perlite. That soil carries me thru about three weeks where I transplant again in new soil waiting another three week before either another transplant. I don’t start feeding my plants nutrients until 3 weeks after their final transplant.
bit that’s just me, I’m sure others start earlier

I use the FF strawberry soil and perlite. That soil carries me thru about three weeks where I transplant again in new soil waiting another three week before either another transplant. I don’t start feeding my plants nutrients until 3 weeks after their final transplant.
bit that’s just me, I’m sure others start earlier
I planted directly into 5 gallon pots, not sure if that's really proper but keeping temp as close to 78 and humidity 65%

Just water for awhile and see how they react to the soil they are in.

Watch the leaves. Green is good. Yellow is bad.
I usually have my seeds in peat moss or plugs when I transplant into loaded soil. That way it gives them time for the roots to reach the loaded soil and get use to it. Hot soil can kill your seedlings.

For Seedlings, I use a spray bottle and just squirt at the base of the babie until around it is moist. Seedlings drown easily, gotta go easy on em. I use the soil dryness as my guage of when to use the spray bottle again.

Mate what i found out after few grows is better underfed than overfed. Like people above told you wait at least three weeks before start feeding. Do it on half dose and go like this untill your girl asks for more food. If no ph problems first deficiencies are usually nitrogen and cal mag. More food doesnt mean better yield remember that! If you can weight them every day you can find out how much they drink untill they are big enough

Latest posts

Back