New Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if that trio of nutrients is not good which ones to yall recomend?
Thanks

The Fox Farm trio that you mentioned is not organic. If you want to stay organic, I like the General Hydroponic line of organic nutrients called General Organics. It has a lot of "parts", but you can buy them all together in a box, called the GO Box which runs about $40--they are 8-16 oz bottles and have lasted me through an entire grow and then some.

When I grow in soil, I always grow organic. There is a big advantage in not having to pH. You can also make up your own organic teas and/or super soils if you are so inclined. Making your own organic ingredients can be time consuming and you need space, but there is a lot of satisfaction in turning garbage and animal droppings into something that will grow plants. I also keep a worm bed in warmer weather.

Get some kind of seed starting medium when you start seeds. Plant them individually in small containers. Do not plant more seeds than you are going to have room for. Do not give them any nutrients at all until the cotyledon leaves have dropped. Overcrowded plants will stretch and end up with airy buds. More plants does not necessarily mean more bud. An overcrowded room will produce less.

No, do not add vermiculite. Vermiculite holds water and makes it harder for the cannabis to go through the wet and dry cycles it needs to. Most soils do need perlite added, though.

Happy Tree Frog and Ocean Forest are great soils, for seedling i always start them in the Light Warrior soil, also by Fox Farms it is amazing for seedlings, and as HG said, Perlie is always good to add, i do a 30/70%.

Welcome to the Obsession man, good luck.

Since you're a new grower, I'd highly suggest that you forget about CO2 enhancement. All it does is boost yield a bit (it has no effect on potency). And it's effect on yield is marginal. Yet it costs money, and is EASILY used wrongly (i.e. in such a way as to have the CO2 vented from your grow room before it even circulates through the leaves of your plants).

As a new grower, you have a myriad of new challenges and things to learn and improve upon. Eliminating CO2 enrichment will save time for you to concentrate on more important things.

greenmari,, u have found the best website on the net,, all the knowm;egde is right here n all u have to do is ask

Latest posts

Back