New grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trottergirl

Reaction score
I think I messed up cause I used Miracle Grow potting soil. I am growing outside in buckets. I have five plants. They look pretty good however. What is going to happen? We have had sooooo much rain that I haven't had to water them lately. Hoping all this rain has flushed the pots. Over 6 in. rain in 4 days. When will the madness end!!!! lol What should I look for on the plants since I used MG?

The miracle grow soil I have used(though not for cannabis) had poor drainage. If your plants look healthy I wouldn’t sweat it too much. As far as what to look for, keep an eye on the plants for signs of root rot and over watering(even though it is Mother Nature doing the watering). Miracle grow doesn’t have the right nutrient make up for cannabis so you will probably see deficiencies at some point. There are a lot of good treads on here discussing nutrients so peruse those and watch for deficiencies. Post pics if they start to look unhealthy. There are a ton of good people who are happy to help on here. A couple years ago we got a boat load of rain so I put one of those beach gazebos over my plants outside to keep some of the rain off them. If you are getting high winds too though, that may not be an option. Good luck to you.

Hello Trottergirl,
I've grown with MG and added nutrients second week through harvest with positive results. I've since changed to Cost of Maine Stonnington Blend and I've not had to feed the soil until halfway through bloom. the other benefit to organic is easy flushing; just water onky for last two weeks. I would say my yield increased by 30%... pluse better tasting buds,

Good to know all is not lost. They are looking pretty good. Getting a few brown edges on leaves that look dry. Not sure I'm watering enough. I should prob feed them some notes I'm thinking.

I have been using a MG potting mix however, indoor grow. I would say for me. The soil had enough to get me through to flowering. I started to see the lack of neuts my plants needed. At that, I was late giving them food only providing watering regular but could see they needed more. That was even after a transplant into my 2.5Gal pots they should've had some additional food from the addition of soil but nope....

I have just started to feed them more ;-)

Just keep an eye on em....

Latest posts

Back