New growth quite yellow, 1 month old plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

next

Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Using 75% Pro-mix HP, with 15% pro-mix organic, and 10% EWC., and some extra miracle grow perlite that contained small amounts of nutes I was unaware of.

Also have full earth juice lineup.

I haven't fed the plants any nutes, other than Myco Madness (some mycorzia sumthin sumthin) and a small amount of xatalyst, basicly used as ph down. 3 days ago I mixed up a batch of earth juice now im noticing explosive growth, but some appears very yellow. This specific plant is an Autoflower Ak 47, the other plants seem to be alright.

I mixed up 10L stale tap water, 10L RO water, put in large tupperware with circulating pump, and air stones, then added 10ml Microblast, 30ml Grow, and 20ml Xatalyst, also threw in a handful of EWC.

Ph was at 4.2, slowly raised over the course of 40hrs the Ph rose to 7. I then added another splash of Xatalyst to get the Ph down to 6.5 and I watered my plants. This is my 2nd grow using these nutes, first grow went "ok" there were trials for sure, I had extreme yellowing possibly from using molasses with sulpher in it, so thats a no no.

Im using two 288watt LED grow lights, they were fairly close about 10inches from the plant, I raised them a little bit just in case. Temps are good between 75-78, humidity is at 40% - 45%

Thanks guys, goodluck to you all!

heres the pics

View attachment 20150114_223300.jpg

View attachment 20150114_223312.jpg

View attachment 20150114_223323.jpg

View attachment 20150114_223336.jpg

Im not 100% sure on what ph to be running at, soil-less calls for 5.8, soil is 6.5.

I used 75% promix hp, 15% promix organic, and 10% ewc.Ive been giving them ph of bout 5.9 or so.

I think that this is overkill, all these additives and stuff you're using, will not grow for you a super plant, if it would, then I guess we would also be able to grow people like superman, instead, all you can do, is provide for the plant a natural and healthy environment for its genetics to do their best. it is not just feeding, in fact the entire fertilization thing is to help the plant get its major source of energy from light itself, and most of its weight is water. when you have all these things going in your growing medium, it becomes harder to source the problem IMO. Wetdog's signature comes to mind, it's something like, if you have 20 types of ferts and 30 additives and mollasses and not a single book on plants, then there is your problem LOL It's not these exact words, but you get the meaning, I hope Wetdog doesn't mind me quoting his sig cheers :D

All they have had is some ewc, mychorizia, and some xatalyst that feeds the microbes. Not sure about 20-30 types of additives..

just some worm ****

myco madness (9 mycorrhizal species, 15 beneficial bacteria and 2 trichoderma species)

Xatalyst contains oat bran, sea kelp, wheat malt, molasses and yeast.

You say that is overkill eh?

Feed them

yea thats kinda what I was thinking.. hence me feeding them a low dosage on the 12th. I'm still new to the earth juice lineup but I have high hopes for this grow. Thanks pcduck, muchly appreciated.

I have read people giving up to 2tbl spoons per gallon of the grow, thats 30ml per gal. They will be thirsty in another day or two, and I will up the dosage, to perhaps 10-15ml per gal and see how that goes.

Thanks guys, better not enough than too much, so atleast I have that going for me.

(You can see in the first picture, that the branch has split and now has 2 tops, same for the branch on the opposite side. that must be a good sign)

This is also the largest of the plants, so it must be eating more than the rest.

I think your doing a great job, your plants look very healthy and just starting to look hungry. At this point in veg, i have topped dressed with worm castings and or guano's... I have never burned a plant by using Earth Juice either, so give the kids some food...and keep up the good work.

I think your doing a great job, your plants look very healthy and just starting to look hungry. At this point in veg, i have topped dressed with worm castings and or guano's... I have never burned a plant by using Earth Juice either, so give the kids some food...and keep up the good work.

Thankyou for the kind words! Any recommendation as to how much of the grow to feed them? Does 15ml / 1 tbl spoon per gallon sound about right?

Always read the label... I think that is right, what you said. It is pretty cool using worm castings too, put that in the back of your mind... I just top dressed with some on my moms. About 5 days later they are a different color and happier. Love how that works.

Worm castings are great for you soil and you can make some great tea from them too.

I do have extra room to apply the ewc as a top dressing, but I don't have the largest supply so I have been using it to make teas. Here is what I currently have brewing.

10L old tap, 10L R/o - PH(7.4)

+0.375ml/L micro blast = 15ml
+2.5ml/L Grow = 100ml
+1ml/L Bloom = 40ml
+1ml/L Xatalyst = 40ml

Also added almost half a cup of ewc to the mix. I have a 40gph circulation pump, and a very large 1.34cubic feet/min air pump mixing it. I recently upgraded the circulation pump and I must say It does a very good job at mixing the nutes into the water.

The earth juice microblast is kinda slimey and never dissipated very well into the water, it stayed stuck together as little slime trails, which may be the reason I have been having issues with only some plants, perhaps some of the root zones were getting too much micro nutes? Anyways, with this pump the water was clear after 5min of adding the micro nutes, so very happy with that. PH was sitting at 3.4, but now it is up to 4.0 after 12 hrs.

Worm castings are great for you soil and you can make some great tea from them too.

I have used blackstrap molasses in the past, but I think it had too much sulfur in it, got my hands on some crosby's fancy molasses, I may use at some point. Do you know if this is the correct type?

Thanks for stoppin by!

I've used Pro-mix for years. The HP has Ph buffers in it. With my tap water I don't have to adjust the Ph at all. Try using strait tap water and check the Ph of the run off.

The level of the water coming out is more important than what goes in. I think you'll find it's a lot lower than you think. If it's too high tinker with it, maybe, but I don't think you'll have too.

That yellowing seems to be in the newest growth so backing the light some will probably help some with that. I hear ya with the LED, I've got 1 room with just LEDs and love um!!! You have to make yourself keep them a little higher in order to get good coverage. Especially with a single unit.

Those plants look pretty darn good to me!! Try not to complicate the process any more than necessary. It's simpler than we think sometimes. Good luck!!!!
Peace, Superman

I've used Pro-mix for years. The HP has Ph buffers in it. With my tap water I don't have to adjust the Ph at all. Try using strait tap water and check the Ph of the run off.

The level of the water coming out is more important than what goes in. I think you'll find it's a lot lower than you think. If it's too high tinker with it, maybe, but I don't think you'll have too.

That yellowing seems to be in the newest growth so backing the light some will probably help some with that. I hear ya with the LED, I've got 1 room with just LEDs and love um!!! You have to make yourself keep them a little higher in order to get good coverage. Especially with a single unit.

Those plants look pretty darn good to me!! Try not to complicate the process any more than necessary. It's simpler than we think sometimes. Good luck!!!!

Peace, Superman

Hey Superman!

What ph did you try to achieve when you used pro-mix? Led's open up alot more possibilities, but creates other qwerks that you have to deal with, like daytime and nighttime temps being so close to the same and it causes the plants to stay very short. I also had to have heat mats in the grow tent at one point to keep the temps up, worked great later on to lower the humidity during flower.

I have checked the run off and its around 6.2 or 6.3. I figure if I put in 6.5, and it comes out 6.1 that it is around the 6.3 mark inside the pot. I do believe I have read that doing it that way gives an accurate measurement.

I think I may have a ph problem, mostly because I don't know if I should be trying for 5.8, or 6.5. I think there may be a slight zinc deficiency in the afghan kush ryder. Looks like zinc would only really be a problem in hydro/soiless, so I might try a lower ph this round. Especially considering the yellowing happened after giving the 6.5 nutes, as apposed to my regular 6.0

Thanks for stopping in.

I grow in soil, my ph for my run off is 7.8 to 8. I just ph for soil ( 6.5 ) and don't worry about it. Doesn't seem to bother my plants. Stick to a ph of 6 for soiless I believe. How low are your lights?
Also , I use chemical ferts, not organic.

Latest posts

Back