New guy growin' in the Ol' Dominion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricochet Ranger

Jedi Hemp Apprentice
Reaction score
Greetings, fellow outcasts! After many (many!) years serving Uncle Sam's Armed Forces, I am now a free man and have finally returned to my former favorite state of well being. A full-time musician now, I've started my first serious attempt at growing my own herb garden. After researching many posts and tutorials, I've decided to utilize a minimalist approach. "Keep it simple", "Less is more", and all that. So far, my clandestine closet garden is doing great! I'm still learning my way around this site, but I hope to post a couple of pics of my progress for all to consume and critique. I'm happy to virtually meet you all!

:welcome: RR what kind of music/instruments do you play? Must be cool to do it full time. I like your approach mate, especially since it is your first grow. pics always help, and questions are welcomed. Good luck :D

Welcome RR, thank you for your service. We are glad you are here. Music and cannabis, what more could we ask for?

MosesPMG said:
:welcome: RR what kind of music/instruments do you play? Must be cool to do it full time. I like your approach mate, especially since it is your first grow. pics always help, and questions are welcomed. Good luck :D

I play guitar. I've written singer/songwriter rock my whole life, but now that I'm out of the military I've put together a band to perform and record. With drums, bass, and two guitars, we take the compositions to higher place. I love it... having a great time :)

Rosebud said:
Welcome RR, thank you for your service. We are glad you are here. Music and cannabis, what more could we ask for?

I appreciate your note. And, I'm glad to have found the site. You're right about music and herb... the best duet since Jagermeister and Red Bull :rolleyes:

Welcome to MP.....guitarist here myself...although not lucky enough to make that my living.....for that I drive a big brown truck all day.:)

... thanks for your note. It's cool that you're a guitar guy. Few things are as laid back as live guitar rhythms with friends around a midnight bonfire while sharing some tasty buds and suds. Good to meet you :)

Thanks for serving. Service man myself for years.
Guess Im not to far off from you. I hold down DC for the site.

Sucks VA is losing Sen.Webb. Hes been the soul fighter trying to "green" that state from what I can tell. Im hoping he tries to make a move onto bigger and better things. Maybe Governor.
Anyway, welcome to the board.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Thanks for serving. Service man myself for years.
Guess Im not to far off from you. I hold down DC for the site.

Sucks VA is losing Sen.Webb. Hes been the soul fighter trying to "green" that state from what I can tell. Im hoping he tries to make a move onto bigger and better things. Maybe Governor.
Anyway, welcome to the board.

Thanks for the note, Spearchucker. Kudos for your service, as well. Yep, I'm almost 2 hours down I-95 from DC. I once lived inside the beltway, but opted to settle down away from the madness... I decided that Richmond is where I wanted to plant my roots (yeah, a bad pun)... working on my first clandestine grow-room. Life is good :D

Richmond is nice. If Im not mistaken there is a hydro store downtown right off Broad Street about a block, outside the VCU campus.
Remember seeing it when previewing the school with one of my kids. Think its across the road from a 7-11.

Latest posts

Back