New in town.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseyWales

I reckon so.
Reaction score
I have been reading here for a while, and have many questions. I have two grow tents a 4 and 5 ft, run a 300 w light in the 4 ft, and a 600 w in the 5 ft, both tents have a C02 bags, ventilation, and fans. The room is at 68 degrees in the winter and can get a little higher in the summer. We test and adjust the Ph to 6.5 we use soil in 3 gallon pots water every other day feed every other watering. On average we see 9 leaves on a fan, which i think is pretty good.

We have been growing for a little longer than a year, we have grown White Widow, Green Crack, AK 47, Bruce Banner, Jack Haze, Blue berry Skunk , Strawberry Skunk, On the most part the plants look great but the harvest is low i think 2 to 3 ounces dry from a plant. Today the last plant we harvested was almost 4 ounces, to me the yield should be more?

With the small amount of light you are using, I would say that you are getting a good yield.

The amount of fingers on a fan leaf has nothing to do with the yield of a plant. It is pretty much determined by the genetics of the plant. Some produce a lot of leaves, so not so much. The CO2 bags are probably doing little to improve yield. To be effective CO2 needs to be regulated and controlled.

What type wattage would you recommend and is there a difference between Conventional and LED lighting. Regulated C02, what ppm, how does that work? i mean i'm constantly venting the tents.

Welcome to MP Josey -- I been there !- U need more light -- 1,000 or more watts--LEDS per square yard ! --

Just so you know, your name is a very famous grower from CO

1,000 watt LED isn't that expensive to run?

Most LED's use equivalent measures. A 1000W LED doesn't actually use 1000 watts of power. I run a 1200W and a 1500W and combined they don't actually use a 1000 watts.

Most LED's use equivalent measures. A 1000W LED doesn't actually use 1000 watts of power. I run a 1200W and a 1500W and combined they don't actually use a 1000 watts.

o

OK, so in a 5x5 tent would one use 1 1,200 or two, and i need to would that be 2 1200 watts or two 600 watts. Thanks up front

Welcome to the community JoseyWales, I've heard a few here use KINGBO and are very happy with this brand, I'll let someone with more experience than me advise you on how many and at how many watts :)

Welcome to the community JoseyWales, I've heard a few here use KINGBO and are very happy with this brand, I'll let someone with more experience than me advise you on how many and at how many watts :)
Thanks

Hi Josey wales
I have a 6 x 8 area and I use 1 king 1200w and 1 king 1500w LED.
It seems to be sufficient.

Latest posts

Back