New Indoor Hydroponics... PICS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But since I only have a 12.9ft² flowering area I wouldn't need a 1000w lamp, the only reason I was thinking about 2 lamps was because of coverage. To be honest I think I am going to end up building my own hydroponic system because of my restricted width and everything is going to be a very tight fit so I don't think an ebb n flo system will be TOO expensive... it's just a large tray and a container with some pumps and tubes.

Why would you suggest your method? Because I was thinking the flood table would be a good method.

A couple of suggestions for your space

Suggestions.jpg

I am unable to up load it:(
I think once you get the reflector you will see what I mean.

The room is a long rectangle with 2 long side and 2 short sides.
The reflector is a long rectangle with 2 long side and 2 short sides.
The reflectors 2 short side will be parallel to the rooms 2 long side.

tangerine dream said:
pcduck- I was talking to Old Resin

opps sorry:(

I would suggest ya get a few grows under you belt before even thinking of co2. As far as those exhale bags I would not waste my money. There is absolutely no way to control how much co2 is produced or when.

I can't seem to edit your photo's-it's a front view-go stand in front of your room and look at it. I recomend removing the little cubby, where you want to put the squirel cage, and replacing it with a door to your flower room. partition the room to make your veg-and leave the existing door.
I sduggested the hydro system because it will fit in your space-and you should be able to get 6 grow sites from it(add or remove pots)-as I mentioned in my other post-when you said ebb n flo-I thought ebb n gro-comes with 6 pots and a 30 gallon resevoir barrel-it's large and expensive.
I also think that you will find that after you price everything out, and spend the time building it-it will be very close to the same cost.
My lighting recomendation is also for cost-one ballast-one bulb-one fixture.
The minigen co2 unit is the most cost effective unit unless you can find something else on sale-but it is also very small-good for your space.
I don't know what kind of condition your basement is in-but here, they are mostly moldy and musty-not what you want for ventilation for your girls. Thats why I recomend sealing the room for co2 and using a frewsh air source from outside. Also-if you use the fresh air source to cool your lights-you are not venting any smell-and don't need a charcoal filter($$$).
I grow in a 4'x9'x6' canning cellar in my basement-I make these recomendations from my own experience growing in a basement,(a crappy one at that).
This is my grow-week 7:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63049

As for the Exhale bags-no way to control it-but I seen a marked improvementt in my crop after using them-so I bought a co2 generator=greater improvement.

Sorry that I haven't been able to come on lately, like I said I only have chance to look at this forum at work But I feel that I should clear some things up about my growing space.

It is located in my basement, and is a little hallway that is situated by the stairs, all of the walls seen in this picture
attachment.php

are uneditable as that is where the stairs are, the smaller alcove (with the curved arch) I'm guess is just some of the available space underneath the stairs.

The wall in this image
attachment.php

faces the rest of my basement and this is where my exhaust ducts will go, this wall is somewhat modifiable if needed.

FYI Old Resin- the alcove is being used for a oscillating fan not my squirrel cage fan.

I will post a new picture which should clear some things ups

Ok this is looking straight down my grow room but the rest of the basement is included. there is also a chimney down there, it is bricked up at the moment, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

As you can see the vents will exhaust air out and into my garden, possibly higher up than displayed in the picture.

The room is made entirely of brick.

room.JPG

this wall is somewhat modifiable if needed.

If this is the wall facing away from the stairs, I sure would try putting a door in it to your flower room

yes... this could be an idea o_O sure would make things a hell of a lot easier! If not I am considering at least some sort of window... its just that it's a brick wall and would require some building effort, we have an in house builder who could help out but he is usually busy with other tasks.

Yes it would:).

Would take out most of the aggravation of crawling around with water. You would enjoy your gardening experience a whole lot more:D

pcduck- I was also wondering if you thought 2 400w lamps would be enough for that room, considering you said I only need 65,000 lumens and since 400w bulb should output 60,000 lumens 2 should be plenty.

Did youy consider possibly using the room to flower and getting a tent/constructing other structure for veg? Or are you married to the dual use of this room?

I suppose that could be a possibility, after planning it all out I am starting to realise that the narrowness of this room is an issue. It is definitely something to consider.

would a de humidifier be necessary in my flowering room? or is that something to condsider at a later date?

Whether you need a dehumidifier depends on the humidity of your space. I have to add a humidifier to my space.

Latest posts

Back