New Induction light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
Hey I have heard others on here talking about the Induction lights and how great they are supposed to be. I just went on Plant Lighting Hydroponics.com and was looking at some stuff and saw that they now offer a new Induction light fixture: hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/brotherhood-ibeam-induction-grow-light-300w-p-4008.html
I looked at the specs on it but wasn't impressed. It says that it is comperable to a 600wHPS but is only 300w, but it only puts out less than 28,000 lumens and the efficacy is 96 lumens per watt.

I bought a 400 pro a year ago from these guys, which they don't manufacture any more. I replaced a 400 hps with this and it kicked it's ***.
It's a year old with no problems and my grow is just as robust as the first
month.

http://www.inda-gro.com/

even if it does match a 600watt. 650$ is doublt what you would pay for a 600watt hps

If it gets popular enough the prices will come down. If it is delivering on the claims then it will become a more costwise lighting system and grow in popularity.

they supposedly last forever without much of a drop in efficiency so wont cost for new bulbs. maybe its got a better par rating than a 300watt hps?

ShOrTbUs said:
even if it does match a 600watt. 650$ is doublt what you would pay for a 600watt hps

more than double , you can get a 600 watt apollo horticulture 600 watt digital ballast, gull wing dimpled reflector mh and hps bulb, ratcheting hangars and timer for only 150$. plus it has a 5 year warranty and the ballast has an internal fan to cool it i measured it with my laser thermometer never went above 83 farenheit.

Could anyone give me a general idea of the heat of a 200w induction light compared to 3-150w cfls?

Could anyone give me a general idea of the heat of a 200w induction light compared to 3-150w cfls?[/QUOTE

I had a 400 watt inda-gro and it put out some heat, I went with some cob LEDs for a replacement. Check out Rapidled to see what I mean. I build my own LEDs and spent about $280 for a vero 3 cob setup 225 watts. It out perform my induction light big time.
At the bottom of their web page is their university which breaks down LEDs and how efficient they are. I'm not pushing this site just a heads up.
There are other sites on the web to check out, but LEDs run a lot cooler than induction and out perform hids . I hope this helps

Latest posts

Back