New Member from IL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is amazing to me that most grows I see, ( indoor tents) Pet hairs here and there stuck to buds....I know, lord knows what all we smoked in the mexi/Columbo brick days.

Bubba
I remember large blk beetles dried almost beyond recognition , I wonder how many crushed and broken exoskeletons we smoked as youths

OK - So, the primary purpose really is Killin Bugs and their eggs. Today was a total cleaning of the staging/entry way and the grow room itself. After my trip to the box store as I am prioritizing, I'm figuring... Kill Bugs & Eggs... Setting up a state of the art grow room in these tiny confines is part 2. Tore down all loose and stupid/lazy drywall tapping I had done and vacumed with a shop vac with a hepa bag attached. Sprayed thoroughly and set off bombs and sealed. The goal currently is to be up and running again by Halloween. Everyone's comments and criticism is welcomed and will be seriously reviewed and researched. At least as much as can be taken seriously. Mrs. Bugus Monkey was never a 420 person and I am thankful she agreed to such a small space. BTW it's 4 foot 4 by 7 foot by 8 and a half foot tall. Back end of a stick built shed over concrete and going on 3 years old.

Attachments

• Entry Staging.jpeg
    Entry Staging.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Entry Staginga.jpeg
    Entry Staginga.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 3
  • grow floor.jpeg
    grow floor.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Grow NE up.jpeg
    Grow NE up.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Grow NW up.jpeg
    Grow NW up.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Grow SE up.jpeg
    Grow SE up.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Grow SW up.jpeg
    Grow SW up.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
Good luck Monkey with your new grow room

before you load up that room with plants

hang one of these in the room for a few days of a fogger...this c h I t will kill eggs and bugs

read the label for safety sakes

101FF93D-7313-457C-B166-297B44D779D9.jpeg
DBF0118A-84B0-469B-B3C5-0E7701235201.jpeg

Found some concentrate malathion from the 80's. I am going to pay close attention to mixing. Not "Moore's Law" ... When I am done however, they are going to be dead. Rain here today and weekend plans are on hold. It's so heartbreaking when things go bad after lots of tedious work. I am looking at par meters and par apps for phones. I am thinking about adding a HID for spectrum only. Maybe a 250 to 350. I figured if I got the inside sprayed again today, everything would have a couple of days to dry out and I could start the re-mud and re-tape by Tuesday. I guess current questions revolve around air circulation. To seal it off like a proper lab and yet still let air in and out... I don't need a carbon filter but I need something bug wise to keep them out. Also my air intake for the most part will come from outside. It will be cold here in another month or 2. I worry about the incoming air temp. How much total air turn around does a room need and every how many hours. I could always use CO2 enrichment but, there still needs to be an air exchange, just how much? I have been reading the books in the beginners section here and will continue. And of course I have a general idea from experience. I will keep researching. Maybe I can get restarted by the first week of OCT and not the last. OR -MAYBE... OPTION 2 which is, I should be patient, put the time and effort into it, and get it right so things don't turn out like last time.. Hahahahahahaha. Ramblings of a Bugus Monkey after lots of coffee and a decent smoke.

I been all over the place here searching. I seek definite information on hydroponic nutrients. My last run was Emerald Harvest. 8 years back it was Yellow Bottles, whatever that was. I have been coming up short on the terpene end of my finished product, my last few runs then and this last one now both. I have been reviewing threads here. Someone add something or point me in the right direction on what nutrients are working best for them. I run a combo DWC and Recirculating Timed Drip system all in one. Plus I am thinking about adding CO/2 but not sure exactly how I'm going to do it just yet. Space is limited in my room. Thanks

Main concern at this point is air circulation. At 4.5 by 7.5 feet roughly, maybe 3 plants are too many? I have sprayed for bugs, bombed, foam seal, flex seal. Tomorrow is paint early, then floor vinyl sheet, then caulk. Mrs. Monkey likes lots of caulk. "That's a joke" !!!!! Well, I better just finish the post. I am posting here because it helps my scheduling and timeline. This project will definitely be done and up and running before Oct 1. I am going to finish the construction phase and bomb at least 2 more times waiting 10 days between. Oh ya... And I am planning on using Fox Farms for Hydro so I will need to get some of them fixins. All in all, with fingers crossed, hopefully it's all over.

Main concern at this point is air circulation. At 4.5 by 7.5 feet roughly, maybe 3 plants are too many? I have sprayed for bugs, bombed, foam seal, flex seal. Tomorrow is paint early, then floor vinyl sheet, then caulk. Mrs. Monkey likes lots of caulk. "That's a joke" !!!!! Well, I better just finish the post. I am posting here because it helps my scheduling and timeline. This project will definitely be done and up and running before Oct 1. I am going to finish the construction phase and bomb at least 2 more times waiting 10 days between. Oh ya... And I am planning on using Fox Farms for Hydro so I will need to get some of them fixins. All in all, with fingers crossed, hopefully it's all over.
Pictures please

Mostly the same. Clean, seal bomb, more sealing and bomb, spray malathion, bomb. soak the underside beneath the floor with malathion. I did "Try" and make sure to mix the malathion right. Little strong but not overdone. Let it all air out and breath. I took pictures for you. Somehow, This needs to breath/intake air while being bug proof. Distance between cement floor and grow flow is the height of one concrete/cinder block which is vented enough to draw outside air. And it this fall will be 3 years old from stick built. I just don't get how those types of critters got into something that new. It is really well built for Mrs. Monkey and Me being in the medical fields and not construction. One mistake/advantage is we built the walls with actual 8 footers and not wall studs making the ceiling when finished 8 foot 4 +/-. I took the pictures and got to looking and saw more places to treat and seal. I am thinking about installing a portal which would take a small heating and AC type filter. Just not sure where to place it. Not a ton of room. For once in my life money is not the immediate problem but as I said before Mrs. Monkey was Not a 420 person ever. I am happy with my little room she said I could have and my days of selling are way behind me now. It all really is for personal. I am however interested in a different effect than most. I kind of like the whole panic attack type thing. Like riding a big roller coaster for the first time. That is why I was so disappointed the Cinderella 99 had to be killed off, it had a real unsettling effect. To each their own. I am open for all suggestions, criticisms, and general horse play. I will be taking everything into account before I start the seeds for the next run. If I run the 3 plant set up it will all be "00" seedbank do si do cookies - If I only run the single, I do have a real Durbin Poison that is at least 10 years old. Cookies are fresh seed. I have plenty from outdoors passt to hold me over at least 6 months and besides I have my medical card so I am legal to grow up to 5 plants at once. (Picts loaded backwards of the order I had hoped.

Attachments

• Actual Floor Space.jpeg
    Actual Floor Space.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 3
  • N & W Top W Exhaust.jpeg
    N & W Top W Exhaust.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
  • N & E Top.jpeg
    N & E Top.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
  • S & E Top.jpeg
    S & E Top.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 3
  • West side.jpeg
    West side.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 3
  • Above grow entry.jpeg
    Above grow entry.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 4
  • enter the grow.jpeg
    enter the grow.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Down below.jpeg
    Down below.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Through the entry.jpeg
    Through the entry.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Outside entry.jpeg
    Outside entry.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 4
Bugs can be carried in by you on clothing and pets if you allow them in the room.
They also can be carried in through the vent always a good idea to have some type of filter screen on the intake line .

Bleach water.. and then take down some bad drywall seams. Probably get a new re-tape and re-mud done. By the time I get to the box store and back I may pick out a cheap vinyl floor piece. it's a 4 foot by 7 foot. Nothing big. After tomorrows work, I wont be able to get back in until Tuesday and I plan on picking up bug bombs and at the end of the day hit it along with probably sticking a couple in on Saturday. I plan on oil base painting and caulking. Stuff I should have finished before my first run this time around. I have been researching malathion but haven't made any decisions on it yet. Probably use it too. Correct a few dumb mistakes and gear up for winter. I guess I'm worried about a Window A/C unit that I built into the wall. I'm sure the critters got in there and I'm sure there has to be a way to get them out with out taking the whole thing out of the wall.
Can you still buy Malathion? they took it off the shelf in Ma. about 10 years ago.

I went around the base of the structure, upper and lower, and sprayed the top side of the ceiling and soffit and formed a 10 foot barrier around it. I am researching what I should in my pre-entry area. I can change clothes and take off or change shoes there before entering the grow itself, along with having spray disinfectant in the staging area

Mine was from the 80's, undiluted. You can still buy it if you look hard but you wont find concentrate. I have made a friend who is an independent hardware store owner in a small town. He has a ton of old stuff. I plan on a visit as I know he is about to retire.

Crazy to do all that, but I will, considering all the guerilla grows from years past. In and out with water and gone. I had a major battles with grass hoppers, deer and rabbit/rats. Never the mite/thrip/cootie issue I had last time. Never once.

Mine was from the 80's, undiluted. You can still buy it if you look hard but you wont find concentrate. I have made a friend who is an independent hardware store owner in a small town. He has a ton of old stuff. I plan on a visit as I know he is about to retire.
I had an old bottle from 25 or more yrs ago . used it on a colony of Black carpenter ants inside a wall , should have seen them suckers run and die in mins

Hello. I'm here to learn and share what little I think I know. I am jumping ship from another forum/site. I have been growing since 84. indoors and out. good years and bad. Sometimes a lot of plants sometimes just 1 or 2. I took a break, and am just getting back into it after 5 years. I had major problems with last grow and I am just wanting a fresh start. Thank you for having me.
Welcome here -
I ain't been here long myself but (so far) it beats other similar forums (the ones I've poked around in) hands down.
If you have a warped sense of humour - all the better.
Have fun

Welcome here -
I ain't been here long myself but (so far) it beats other similar forums (the ones I've poked around in) hands down.
If you have a warped sense of humour - all the better.
Have fun
I really like it here. My new friends have been very helpful.

Waiting for 2nd coat of paint to dry, then I will stick down my vinyl floor and caulk the edges. I plan on addressing an issue or 2 in the pre-entry and bomb 2 more times with a 10 to 14 day window in between and I'll be ready to fire things back up. These bombs are going to be extremely concentrated to get the ends of whatever may be left. Then it will be the decision between 1 or 3 plant set up. 3 plants lessens the chance of males. 1 single plant (surely with my luck) would be a boy or a he/she. Probably be "Cookies from 00 seedbank" (3) their pretty fresh. And I am going with the Fox Farms nutrients mentioned above. Wishing for the 12 pack/part system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back