New member.. Hello everyone..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big it looks like your using a drip system is that right?
I plant my seeds in small jiffy pots and once the seedlings were about 3inches I put jiffy pot straight into FFOF and they loved it. Maybe it's because they grew in the jiffy pots for awhile before breaking thru the jiffy pots into the FFOF.
I started mine in jiffy pots too last grow. Maybe that’s why I didn’t have a problem. My plants really loved it but I didn’t give them anything but water for three weeks when I transplanted them. I would include calmag next time tho. I don’t plan on using jiffy pots this time tho and may heed the warning here but I have no idea what to buy if not FF ocean or frog

I started mine in jiffy pots too last grow. Maybe that’s why I didn’t have a problem. My plants really loved it but I didn’t give them anything but water for three weeks when I transplanted them. I would include calmag next time tho. I don’t plan on using jiffy pots this time tho and may heed the warning here but I have no idea what to buy if not FF ocean or frog

First off, welcome and please start a grow thread for us all to follow along.. you'll get a lot more help that way to.
I use felt pots and love them. just ordered 20 more, went with 2gal, but taller then normal at 10".. I use felt pots
and the Oxy Pots and get great results with either one. but here is the biggest thing I've found.

So much better off starting plants in 1gal plastic nursery plants, 1/2gal smallest I use. why plastic to start u ask.

It allows the plant to start the larger roots that help establish a good foot hold in the soil, found using felt to early air trims the roots and no root ball to speak of. when I up pot after my AUTO's sex, I switch to felt or oxy pots... now
as the roots get air trimmed, feeder roots are born allowing the plant to uptake nutrients and water better..

FFOF can be used, and like you said, by the time it hit the hotter soil the plant was established.. just be careful feeding on top of it..

good luck..

First off, welcome and please start a grow thread for us all to follow along.. you'll get a lot more help that way to.
I use felt pots and love them. just ordered 20 more, went with 2gal, but taller then normal at 10".. I use felt pots
and the Oxy Pots and get great results with either one. but here is the biggest thing I've found.

So much better off starting plants in 1gal plastic nursery plants, 1/2gal smallest I use. why plastic to start u ask.

It allows the plant to start the larger roots that help establish a good foot hold in the soil, found using felt to early air trims the roots and no root ball to speak of. when I up pot after my AUTO's sex, I switch to felt or oxy pots... now
as the roots get air trimmed, feeder roots are born allowing the plant to uptake nutrients and water better..

FFOF can be used, and like you said, by the time it hit the hotter soil the plant was established.. just be careful feeding on top of it..

good luck..
I’m not real sure how to start a grow thread Carty. I’ll try an figure it out. I guess I’ll give my free felt pots that I got with my grow tent a try just to see how they work On my clones. My clones are now in 1 gallon plastic pots ready to be transplanted and start scrog net to spread out bud sites. I’m picking the best 4 to ride in the tent so I’ve been waiting just a bit longer. I will use FF frog medium with perlite when I do. They are already use to the medium as they are planted in it now. Is it ok to use my saucers on the bottoms or do they have to be lifted up? I’ve seen it done both ways reading on it. I had planned to set the cloth pots right in the saucer like I would a plastic pot and not lift them up unless there is a good reason to do so…
ok a grow thread. Lemme figure out that now. I think I just start a comment right Then update on the same string? Thanks for your comment. I was on the fence wether to try the cloth pots. I will post my grow when I figure it all out.

yes use the saucers , they will catch your runoff

i don’t know if Carty does this or not , but when I was using fabric pots , I watered them until I had runoff , the water will start to seep through the bottom of the fabric

yes use the saucers , they will catch your runoff

i don’t know if Carty does this or not , but when I was using fabric pots , I watered them until I had runoff , the water will start to seep through the bottom of the fabric
Good then. That’s the way I water with plastic pots. Usually just when I see the first bit of runoff. I saw this pic last night where they lifted their pot up out of the pan. Do you know why the would have done this?
5FAEBEB4-AEBB-40AD-8BA1-57DBA41BE5E8.jpeg

I have no idea why they did that..looks like it was over engineered lol

all ya need is a saucer of some sort

and like Mister Rostermsaid , leave the runoff and the plant will wick it up

Makes the roots stretch for the moisture.

Latest posts

Back