new member, mites and neem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niblixdark

Reaction score
Hello all am new here, I used to go on another forum years ago and recently got back into growing, well I just started a crop and recently ran into mites on a couple older plants, that I actually started outside, actually to be honest they were seeds I threw about in the backyard a year before, this spring they came up believe it or not, I thought they were a no go from last year.

I took them inside when I found them and washed them off .. all the soil and potted them with some PM soiless mix. started new seeds along with them going all in the same room ... moving things forward a month n a half later, I found mites just starting on the oldest plant, the damage is on a leaf here and there, am lucky I found them before it got worse, or better yet, they jump ship onto the rest of the young plants.

So I just started using neem two days ago, gave them a good spray down, I did notice though after I sprayed them the little water droplets caused a bit of a burn on some leafs on almost all plants I have ... my stupidity .. lesson learned.

I am a bit rusty on everything because its been awhile since I grew them inside ... I had plants mostly outside and never seem to have trouble, its been awhile since I did this indoors so, am re learning things all over again.

Am using 5 gal pots and 1000watt hid then 2 x for flowering, soiless ,bottom feeding trays ect its around 25-28c most of the time. humidity 50-65% the lamp is around 3 feet to the tops.

Can anyone recommend anything else for mites besides neem for spraying on them, can I mix neem into the water schedule and dilute it a bit for bottom feeding in trays? is that viable, I know it might not taste so good in the end but perhaps stop with neem after awhile .. then pure water later on to flush perhaps then switch to another product ?? I don't know .. help lol :p

Riots Ultra Mite Spray.... Worked great for me

look into what has been suggested, Neem will do virtually nothing for mites, and do not spray plants with lights close, lift light or shut it off after spraying for an hour or two.

thanks for the suggestions folks, Yeah I have been reading about neem with other peoples mixed results so I thought it best to have a solid backup pesticide or multicide ..

I really have never know anyone who got rid of mites with neem oil. Also, you cannot mix it with water and water your plants with it. To do this, products have to be made to be systemic. I have not had SNS eradicate mites once I got them, but after I got rid of them, SNS 209 kept them away.

Great idea Bud.

Rose you me...all natural all the time...I don't use chemicals...I'd trash an infested plant before I'd attempt a chemical or anything with a "cide" ending...

I always end up buying lady bugs for the indoor grow just so the mantis has food..my indoor is Controlled, I just put'm in there cause I have so many and from time to time I'll get soil that has flys from time to time...

Latest posts

Back