New member - Old Man of The Sea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dANG pUTE yA BEAT ME TOO IT lol
Howdy
Climate is mostly excellent - but temps start ramping up June through to August when it often gets too hot (high 30's and into 40's - centigrade)
it's a great country and people are not full of shit.
just wish I could speak Spanish.
I was a bit concerned my stash is getting low (gave some away) so germed & planted 5 x blue mystic autos in pots on balcony.
last couple of days they're succumbing to damping off - very sad.
Wondering if anyone my have some sort of effective way to revive em before it's too late.?
Not the best time to plant I know - regretting it now (seeds are expensive)
plenty of natural ventilation, it's quite breezy at present, fairly sure I haven't overwatered - would welcome any non-bullshit advice.

Howdy
Climate is mostly excellent - but temps start ramping up June through to August when it often gets too hot (high 30's and into 40's - centigrade)
I was a bit concerned my stash is getting low (gave some away) so germed & planted 5 x blue mystic autos in pots on balcony.
Wondering if anyone my have some sort of effective way to revive em before it's too late.?
plenty of natural ventilation, it's quite breezy at present, fairly sure I haven't overwatered - would welcome any non-bullshit advice.
Pictures

Attachments

• 2021-08-19 14.58.36.jpg
    2021-08-19 14.58.36.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021-08-19 14.59.31.jpg
    2021-08-19 14.59.31.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 18
che
Howdy
ck this out
https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-diseases-damping-off/

Thanks & I don't mean to appear ungrateful but this ain't the first time I've had this problem.
First off, I acknowledge I'm stubborn, obstinate, cantankerous, opinionated etcetc.
But I'm also one who rarely ever asks for help and recognise its my own responsibility to find answers myself & not just lean on others.
I also accept that I'm often a bit casual with caring for my plants (I probably allow the viewpoint (it's a weed - man) to influence me too much).
But... I've been farting about with this wonderful plant for many years and have grown plenty stuff other than zol too - and have had good success..
If I knew how - I'd have tried to start a new thread on how much bullshit and plagiarism have been swamping the internet on this subject.
I have dozens & dozens of books and sites I've scoured and tend to stay away because of all the waffle.
I discovered this site by chance and am hoping it won't follow an all too familiar pattern of self appointed experts offering inappropriate "advice".
I don't wanna sound like a big head but I do already know what damping off is, and what causes it.
I wanna know if it's at all possible to save my seedlings and, if so, HOW.?
I do know the stuff about hydrogen peroxide, cinnamon, etc.

Once again thanks for your help.
🤗🤗🤗

Well you should have said so , or I miss read your question
There is no cure that I know for plants that already have damping off.
However, you can easily prevent the problem by providing good air circulation. A small fan or simply cracking the lid of the germination tray will suffice. Fungicide Mycostop can be used as a seed treatment to prevent seed or soil-borne diseases.
I never once claimed to be anything including that being an Expert.

However, you can easily prevent the problem by providing good air circulation. A small fan or simply cracking the lid of the germination tray will suffice. Fungicide Mycostop can be used as a seed treatment to prevent seed or soil-borne diseases.
Appreciated - (A LOT)
I really don't have a ventilation problem I grow out in the fresh air on balcony & it's been plenty breezy since I germed these. They were strong, if a bit leggy, first couple of days. Then succumbed to damping off. They're pretty well dead now.
I suspect it's carelessness on my part really & I probably overwatered on day 3 or 4.
I'm also fairly aware there seems to be no cure once damping off takes hold - just forlornly hoping someone else might know better.

I guess many of the people on here, might feel the same way I do regarding the large amountof conflicting advice on the whole "interweb", a lot of which is bollocks which I know from my own personal experience. (but what the hell do I know)
Ive always been someone who "learns-by-doing" and that includes growing weed.
But the reason I grow it is just to smoke it.
I'm no connoisseur & have tried a variety of different strains both photo and auto and, truly, I'm only able to categorise it as, good, bad, or indifferent. It really doesn't matter to me - as long as it does the job.
I'm the same with beer and wine, and for me, food is just fuel.
But that's just one of the things that have always been broken in me
I do know very well that "NOBODY likes a smartass" & do try not to be. (but it doesn't always work)

Enough waffling for now from me.
Again, thanks for bothering to reply.

The short one? You have Always said you like your coffee black.

you are putting words in my mouth Amigo...if you research my posts you will find that I never said I like my coffee black.

what I said was I like my women just like my coffee.......I like some Kahulua and some Irish Cream in my coffee , sometimes a lot....

so THAT is how I like my women , FULL OF ALCOHOL! ...ya big dummy.

Weirdscenes , my apologies for the Thread Drift but every once in awhile I have to feed the trolls

did you smoke any Durban Poison when you lived in SA?....what is your favorite African strandivar?....we like Malawi and of course Durban Poison

you are putting words in my mouth Amigo...if you research my posts you will find that I never said I like my coffee black.

what I said was I like my women just like my coffee.......I like some Kahulua and some Irish Cream in my coffee , sometimes a lot....

so THAT is how I like my women , FULL OF ALCOHOL! ...ya big dummy.

Weirdscenes , my apologies for the Thread Drift but every once in awhile I have to feed the trolls

did you smoke any Durban Poison when you lived in SA?....what is your favorite African strandivar?....we like Malawi and of course Durban Poison
Well that's hard to answer.
me and my wife & 2 sons emigrated to SA in 1981
First few months up in JoBurg didn't like it there.
moved around a lot in first year or two but finallysettled in Durban.
I was an electrician back then and developed a strong friendship with a workmate & we became comrades.
This was probably very different to how the weed scene developed in the states and generally we didn't have a clue what "strain" you were smoking.
We'd just take a short trip into the nearest location (squatter camp & surrounding area) and buy a "hand" (or two) of Ganja - a hand being a large handful wrapped in newspaper.
It was just "Bush" and usually full of seeds & stems but it did the job well.
There was absolutely non of what I see as hype back then.
In '92I was offered a job in the Seychelles and we spent 4 years there - returning to SA in' 96 - this time to Cape Town.
I still have a vivid, memory from the first time I drove into Cape Town along the coast Rd (we lived in Fishhoek about 10 miles south of the city.)
Just before you entered the city proper someone had painted on the stone wall that protected the road (from falling debris), someone had painted, in big black letters, 4 foot high, THE CAPE OF GOOD DOPE.
IT was too.!

Prior so living in SA I was in the merchant marine for 11 years and scored weed in many places. Apart from names like Acapulco Gold and Panama Red being bandied about non of my fellow tokers paid much attention but you'd occasionally come across some braggart who'd wanna talk about how you could know what was the best weed in the world. I won't deny that there probably ARE some superior strains etc.
In the 8 years I've been here in Spain I've grown a variety of different strains including white widow & Durban Poison photos, but for the last 4years I've grown mainly autos.
The only difference *I* can detect between strains, is when I spark up something which is "special" - for me super silver haze, tends to be that way.
Nowadays I just grow, dry, and cure it and forget to label the jars.
I smoke neat and my best gauge is when I smoke a single skinner and don't need anymore that night. Even with a joint I often am flying high by half way.
In my first year in Spain I was in an unbelievably strange situation
and scored a few times with the help of a pal who was a stoner. Never knew what it was but it too did the job.

Although I rent this little Finca (and love it) my lovely Spanish landlord (speaks not a word of english) takes care of its large garden which is mainly given over to olive trees plus a few fruit trees.
He's was very cagey when I asked (mainly by sign language) if it was OK to grow good old Mary Jane. It's illegal here although the guardia tent to turn a blind eye.
So for the last six years I've just grown in pots on my balcony.

I've just realised this is really NOT what you asked - sorry but I do tend to ramble on. 😊

Yep - pretty much what I figured (i.e. there is no fix)
I always prefer straight answers - thanks

Dear mods, please delete the posts with my image that don't make sense. They did not originate with me.

Thanks & I don't mean to appear ungrateful but this ain't the first time I've had this problem.
First off, I acknowledge I'm stubborn, obstinate, cantankerous, opinionated etcetc.
I also accept that I'm often a bit casual with caring for my plants (I probably allow the viewpoint (it's a weed - man)
I discovered this site by chance and am hoping it won't follow an all too familiar pattern of self appointed experts offering inappropriate "advice".
I don't wanna sound like a big head but I do already know what damping off is, and what causes it.
I wanna know if it's at all possible to save my seedlings and, if so, HOW.?
I do know the stuff about hydrogen peroxide, cinnamon, etc.
Another words your full of crap. You already admitted you don't listen to anybody and you suck at growing. And if anyone tries to help you they are full of themselves. So what the fk are you doing here?

Last edited:
@ Big, sorry for the misunderstanding. One question....who's kid is it then. Looks a lot like you in you younger days....just a bit over cooked. ha ha. I guess I rubbed your SENSITIVE side the wrong way. Please forgive or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Latest posts

Back