New member - Old Man of The Sea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if it seems that way. More like I'm trying to figure out if I fit in here.
Last 10 years has been a difficult time - that's part of the reason I'm living like a hermit here in Spain.
A bit more trauma this morning when I got news that our Andrews wife died during last night (he's 20 years younger than me). No surprise there as she's been deteriorating steadily with ALS for a while.
We weren't close. No need for condolences etc.
I doubt anyone here wants to here shit news so sorry about that.
I have plenty more crap occupying my mind.
But I'm pretty sure it's probably no worse than what other old gadgees are going through - and (for me at least) the weed and music helps. 😵

hang in there grampa!...we all have some baggage , some more than others , nevertheless it’s all baggage..good bad and ugly , we have seen it all and besides , no of it hardly matters and wherever we go , we are still there!..

Sorry if it seems that way. More like I'm trying to figure out if I fit in here.
Last 10 years has been a difficult time - that's part of the reason I'm living like a hermit here in Spain.
A bit more trauma this morning when I got news that our Andrews wife died during last night (he's 20 years younger than me). No surprise there as she's been deteriorating steadily with ALS for a while.
We weren't close. No need for condolences etc.
I doubt anyone here wants to here shit news so sorry about that.
I have plenty more crap occupying my mind.
But I'm pretty sure it's probably no worse than what other old gadgees are going through - and (for me at least) the weed and music helps. 😵

Okay ya old bastard. Im guessing you might just fit right in with the rest of these old fkers. Hang in there and keep an eye on your toothbrush because Hippie will steal it and scratch his ass with it and put it back without ya knowing. 😁

Ornery old farts make up most of this site, and all of the moderator staff (except Angie!).
We laugh together, and we cry together. Most of all, we get through the day together. We're all bozzos on this bus.
1629828598219.png

Ornery old farts make up most of this site, and all of the moderator staff (except Angie!).
We laugh together, and we cry together. Most of all, we get through the day together. We're all bozzos on this bus.
Well said. Totally described us in 10 words or less. We must be a bunch of simple minded o'l farts.

Okay ya old bastard. Im guessing you might just fit right in with the rest of these old fkers. Hang in there and keep an eye on your toothbrush because Hippie will steal it and scratch his ass with it and put it back without ya knowing. 😁
Ah - but will he know I use it to poke the vomit down the plughole after I've spewed in the sink (the bristly end works best) 😉

Another words your full of crap. You already admitted you don't listen to anybody and you suck at growing. And if anyone tries to help you they are full of themselves. So what the fk are you doing here?
Well - I guess I don't really know what I'm doing here but it's definitely not my intention to annoy or upset anyone.
I certainly don't claim to be any sort of expert & but I've grown enough weed to keep me zonked most all the time - just not fussy I guess. As I've said before - as long as it gets the job done that's all that matters to me.
I'm quite happy for the connoisseurs out there who grow and enjoy, possibly superior, weed - but that just ain't me.
I'm just a peasant I guess 😊

Well then you know it takes many posts and exchanges with members to know how/if you think you fit in. All are welcome here so you fit in as far as we are concerned. Openly judging us probably doesn't sit well with some of the old timers. We are here not to be judged but to pass time and have fun......so join in.
I'm non-plussed as to why anyone might think I'm 'judging' anyone that's not something I've ever attempted to do.
BUT... I do believe in saying what I think and in plain speaking - sorry if that approach is not welcome.
as I've said elsewhere, I live alone like a hermit and am mostly content with my own company.
Id probably be more active here if I discerned that there were discussions about stuff I'm interested in - always accepting that I do realise it's a weed forum. But weed is important and enhances a number of aspects of life - eg MUSIC.
BUT... I can only be me.

Sorry you aren't pleased. I am sure everybody is concerned regarding your mental state of mind. Probably not gonna win any popularity contests here. But, you are still welcome....word of advise though....you might try a different approach. Doubt you will though.

Well - I guess I don't really know what I'm doing here but it's definitely not my intention to annoy or upset anyone.
I certainly don't claim to be any sort of expert & but I've grown enough weed to keep me zonked most all the time - just not fussy I guess. As I've said before - as long as it gets the job done that's all that matters to me.
I'm quite happy for the connoisseurs out there who grow and enjoy, possibly superior, weed - but that just ain't me.
I'm just a peasant I guess 😊
It took you over two weeks to answer my post. What's the point? Water under the bridge, not to mention I'm too old to give a shit about something I said to you 2 weeks ago. Want to fit in,, how about hanging out and getting to know the members Peasant. 😉

By the way....the book was a lot better than your abrasive posts.
Not sure what book you mean.
didn't realize my posts are abrasive.
like I said - I really am a bit of a hermit.
I don't spend a lot of time on here - but spend more time writing in, my journal and on the story of my life (eventful) I can only be who I am.
My state of mind is not great much of the time and although I do appreciate humour there's a lot of dark stuff in, my head too.

As I said though I'm not sure what you mean by "the book"

It took you over two weeks to answer my post. What's the point? Water under the bridge, not to mention I'm too old to give a shit about something I said to you 2 weeks ago. Want to fit in,, how about hanging out and getting to know the members Peasant. 😉
Sorry - not easy for me, I've always been a bit of a loner.
Not good at small talk 🤗

Sorry you aren't pleased. I am sure everybody is concerned regarding your mental state of mind. Probably not gonna win any popularity contests here. But, you are still welcome....word of advise though....you might try a different approach. Doubt you will though.
Well thanks for that - discerning too - my mental state is not great.
In common (probably) with most people as they age, there's plenty of tragedy and sadness in my life. I'd reluctantly be willing to share it if I felt that's what people wanted - but I'm fairly sure nobody wants to know what's bent my mind out of shape.
Don't really know what approach would be the right one?

We are here and will listen. Go far it.

Another words your full of crap. You already admitted you don't listen to anybody and you suck at growing. And if anyone tries to help you they are full of themselves. So what the fk are you doing here?
Your judgement not mine
My approach is probably shaped by the fact that I spent my whole working life (50 years) as a hands-on engineer where fault finding and trouble shooting rely on accurate information.
I realise plants are not much like machines and control systems. Maybe I come across as short or arrogant because my training is to discount anything which is not relevant & that discourages listening to irrelevant stuff. (I really do appreciate that's a judgement call).
Once again I'll repeat that I'm not intending to upset anyone.

Latest posts

Back