New member's first journal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a little update:

i let them dry out a little a bit before i watered them and the i mixed up some big bloom(1/4 strength) with my water then pHed it and fed them. on the FF feeding chart it says big bloom helps relieve stress, free salt bonds, blah blah so i figured it could only do some good and by looking at my most recent pics compared to these new ones it sure helped :D. im still undecided on when to flower them but i think the lastest they will go into flower will be when they are 6-7" tall. i just want to be able to have small enough plants so that my 250 will be able to penetrate the canopy well enough to justify having more than just a couple lsted monsters haha. if anyone can add some input on what i should do it would be much appreciated. my only thing is that i dont want to transplant them anymore and they are in 1 gal pots. if they ended up maybe 2ft tall at harvest would that be too much vertical growth for that size pot and my light?

0524081700.jpg

0524081701.jpg

hey crazy....Fox Farm has a soil feeding scedual and I fallow that to the T...IMO 10 plants in 12 square feet of grow area is going to get tight....I know you still need to filter out the males..But what if you get 10 females? it does happen!!!! if you plan on flowering that many I would most deff purchase another light..I would go with a 400 with coversion bulb...just my .2 good luck my friend

thanks for your input melissa and smoke, i can use all the advice i can get. i agree with you about the light, i know i need more but im trying to work with what i got for now until i get my stimulus check. i did realize something a little while ago though, my blueberry plant smells really sweet when you touch it and that got me thinking. i have a bunch of fluoros that i might be able to build a veg/mother box with and i might do it. i mean i will have to do it eventually anyways and why not see if see if i can keep the bb around if its female :D. so what i was thinking ill do is build the veg box and clone the BB and put it straight into flower along with my others that way i can sex the BB in the least stressful way with the possibility of keeping it around for future cloning. i'll let you guys know how it works out (with pics haha) when im done

Sounds like a good plan to me. Cloning saves you like a month of growing time so you can have a perpetual harvest system going on if you set it up and plan it all right. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Big happenings in my grow! I took some time today to build a temporary "mother box" for my blueberry plant, i think she(hopefully :D) will enjoy her new home. It's a rubbermaid storage tub thats approx. 11" x 23" with four full spectrum fluoros. As for the rest of them today i decided to put them into flower. they looked like they need some water and the pots were kind of light so i mixed up some big bloom and tiger bloom and fed them. for the blueberry i mixed up some grow big and big bloom. i went really light on the dosages as well. anyways, now for some pics.

0525081624.jpg

0525081625.jpg

well, i just got some bad news. i might have to move out due to the sale of the house, i live downstairs my dad rents it out to me :cool:. its still up in the air but its really depressing to know that all my hard work and love went into these plants/rooms and it might have to be torn down. hes looking to have it sold by september so i think that should give me enough time to harvest. if people are coming to look at the house idk what im going to do :eek:.
all this talk of moving really makes me wonder if its even worth growing my BB into a mother plant because i really doubt that if i do end up leaving that i will continue to grow. i dont know how comfortable i would feel growing in an apartment where they may possibly want to come fix/look at things with little notice. man this really sucks, im really depressed now.. :(

Damn crazyc, I feel for you bro. Life always seems to throw a curve ball at you when everything looks gravy, I've been there as well. Is there a high chance of a speedy sale? Is there any chance of you converting to an outdoor grow. I wish you the best of luck and wisdom and I hope you solve your dilemma.

well, nothing is set in stone but there is a good possibility of me having to leave... speedy sale is probably out of the question. the house isnt in great shape and with the housing market the way it is who knows how long it will take . ive debated about doing outdoor but i just dont think its for me, i love being able to take special care of my plants and being able to check on them constantly, plus i have nowhere to do outdoor :( . if im lucky i will end up being able to harvest this grow but who knows what the future will hold. also there is about a 10% chance of me staying here but ill get a new roommate who ive never even met before and i have no idea if he would be cool with what i do :bong1::bong1::bong1: lol. but who knows though maybe he'll be into it more than i even know. i hate not knowing whats gonna happen in my life...

here are my babies on the third day of flowering, they all look pretty healthy but i have a couple questions if anyone can help. i recall reading somewhere that when the new growth shoots look lime-green that the plant may have a deficiency is this true? also some of the bottom leaves look like they either have nute burn and/or a deficiency, if someone can identify the problem that would be great (pic 4). other than that they look and smell great. they smell like minty/earthy/skunky i cant describe it, it almost smells like minty coffee i love it :D

0528081115.jpg

0528081115a.jpg

0528081116.jpg

0528081245.jpg

Today my first and hopefully only male decided to fully show itself. Thankfully i still have 8 others + my BB but none are showing any sign of sex. I've decided to move the BB into the flowering room to take the place of the male. Here's some pics! sorry for the crappy quality but all i have is a cell phone cam :/

0530081323.jpg

0530081324.jpg

wow your girls are looking really good. sorry for the male but at least you have others for back up.

thanks sportcardiva, do you grow or have a grow journal going because if so i'd like to see it :hubba:

Kickass grow, crazy.
Ever think about making a portable grow box? Maybe something to flower something in or maybe house all your plants? Might be big though.
Nice looking indicas!

The problem you have with your leaf looks like a burn of some sort.

But if it's nute deficiency, I had this problem last year because my pot didn't have any drainage holes. Perhaps you should try flushing your pot and see which holes the waters runs out of to see if anything might be plugged or whatnot. I don't think what you have is nutrient deficiency (I could be wrong).

Here's what my nutrient deficiency least year looked like. You can notice the colors started changing from the middle of the leaves. Even though what you have is different, this is an example to anyone who's wondering what nute def' might look like for them.

HPIM1191.JPG

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Kind of does look like nute burn. Could be ph related though. They look pretty great though. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

hmm i guess i will try flushing them when they dry up a bit seeing as i just watered them. thank you all for checking in and helping me out :D

I have just discovered something... I dont know if its good or bad but it seems pretty cool at least.. one of my plants has a 3-way node! They are all pretty even height-wise, might be credited to really early supercropping or just some good bagseeds. Today they have been flowering for 7 nights and no pistils yet but no sacks either so i guess thats a good thing. Tomorrow they are going to get a good flush, gonna let them get really thirsty first.

0602081740.jpg

0602081740a.jpg

crazyc411 said:
I have just discovered something... I dont know if its good or bad but it seems pretty cool at least.. one of my plants has a 3-way node! They are all pretty even height-wise, might be credited to really early supercropping or just some good bagseeds. Today they have been flowering for 7 nights and no pistils yet but no sacks either so i guess thats a good thing. Tomorrow they are going to get a good flush, gonna let them get really thirsty first.

hey that's cool man, give us pics of the 3 node as it makes progress. How many days until you start the flowering cycles?

I have 2 females who are 18 days into flowering now. I see the buds and they look to have gret potential!

Here is what i find helpful to identify females:

they grow slower
their leaves are thinner sometimes

cool luck with ur grow man:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back