New mower day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had the same mower for 12 years now, which is a record for me. I could’ve sworn it would wear out a long time ago, but hasn’t I’ve got a weld up a few areas on the deck because of the amount of sand down here in Florida, but I buy another mower made by Ferris again in a heartbeat.

I've got a ferris 3100 with a 34 hp motor that keeps my place pretty tight...independent suspension of all 4 corners makes for a smooth ride...61" cut with 3 blades...
Yeah I saw a robotic mower today on the internet. I watched 2 videos and was like yeah no. I use to cut on 52" dixie chopper when I was a kiddo. I really enjoy cutting grass to be honest. Therapeutic.

I’ve had the same mower for 12 years now, which is a record for me. I could’ve sworn it would wear out a long time ago, but hasn’t I’ve got a weld up a few areas on the deck because of the amount of sand down here in Florida, but I buy another mower made by Ferris again in a heartbeat.
She wasn't cheap! I just looked at a few used ones, and they go for more than a most. You get what you pay for! By the way, Maui met Dutch and Ivan when I got home. Love them pups.

I guess what scared me away from zero turns was the Buton I used at Scary Mary's Church/cemetery. The only suspension that thing had was what little meat ya had on yer ass cheeks and what little disc cartilage you had in yer back.

Bubba, try a set of these. I bought 'em for my X350 and they make it seem almost like power steering. You can one hand most turns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3256522666...fZ8d8i6DQHtp5MmTm2rr+zOwwg==|tkp:BFBMoOD0nY9i

I wondered that also, maybe to get people to buy the larger deck one.
Not many gates can accommodate the 48 inch deck
But same exact tractor engine and all
Likely. The ba$tards! I do not get the not draining all the old oil out business. Surely the drain plug will empty all the oil. Don't like that idea

Bubba

I guess what scared me away from zero turns was the Buton I used at Scary Mary's Church/cemetery. The only suspension that thing had was what little meat ya had on yer ass cheeks and what little disc cartilage you had in yer back.

Bubba, try a set of these. I bought 'em for my X350 and they make it seem almost like power steering. You can one hand most turns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3256522666...fZ8d8i6DQHtp5MmTm2rr+zOwwg==|tkp:BFBMoOD0nY9i
Certainly is reasonably priced. Don't know if it would void warranty? The oil filter converter things Roster was talking about do not, John Deere part and everything.

Bubba

Certainly is reasonably priced. Don't know if it would void warranty? The oil filter converter things Roster was talking about do not, John Deere part and everything.

Bubba
They go on easy enough that you could always take 'em off if you had to, but I doubt they'd even notice. They do make a difference, or at least I think mine did. Pretty inexpensive for what it does.

Ordering.....

Bubba
I think JD knows they fuccked up the oil filters on new tractors and that is why they make the bypass parts for people like us who know how getting all spent Oil out of an engine is important to its cycle life. Could always call Deere and ask if changing to old oil filter and drain Voids it.

Ordering.....

Bubba

John Deere Easy Change Conversion Kit - AUC12916-KIT​

Part Number: AUC12916-KIT

50 Review(s)
John Deere Easy Change Conversion Kit - AUC12916-KIT

Hover to zoom

Write a Review

Add to Wish List
Email a friend

Your Price: $38.30
Usually available
Brand John Deere
Note: See parts catalog for usage
Quantity+- ADD TO CART

Description​

John Deere Easy Change Conversion Kit​

If you don't like the idea of the Easy Change System then we can help. Order our oil filter conversion kit to switch your machine over to traditional oil and filter. This is a John Deere authorized conversion so it will not adversely effect you warranty.

Kit includes:
  • John Deere Oil Filter
  • (2) quarts of John Deere Oil
  • Oil Drain Assembly
  • Oil Filter Adapter (requires 12 MM allen wrench for installation)
  • Click her to preview Installation Instructions
Converts models E120, E130, E150, E160, E170 and E180

Features​

Say right on their site Read

John Deere Easy Change Conversion Kit​

If you don't like the idea of the Easy Change System then we can help. Order our oil filter conversion kit to switch your machine over to traditional oil and filter. This is a John Deere authorized conversion so it will not adversely effect you warranty.

Alright, I backed off and got the s130 instead off s140. The extra 6 inches may be a storage problem, extra blade to service, parts and accessories are higher. Should have it Sunday. Picked up mulching kit, need to order the filter converter kit and the steering aid Hippie pointed out.

Bubba

Last edited:
I think JD knows they fuccked up the oil filters on new tractors and that is why they make the bypass parts for people like us who know how getting all spent Oil out of an engine is important to its cycle life. Could always call Deere and ask if changing to old oil filter and drain Voids it.
According to that JD green parts it does not. It's JD parts. Well, if you get it from the green store...

Bubba

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back