New mower day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
may restore my new mower

may leave it be

American made , lifetime wheels , self sharpening blades , and a custom handle make this mower a great investment

not to mention the health benefits

49A252D1-6494-4B83-8CDB-4C66A9AC9DA3.jpeg

255FE0CB-6281-4460-8E71-77C2EB82D102.jpeg

7BFD5AA8-74AD-473F-9356-809C0B3AB571.jpeg

8DD697C8-4867-45A1-A1DA-AEDA1D7CDDEA.jpeg

Been eyeballing that S140 myself... only thing holding me back is a place to store it. Looking at an outbuilding right now also, but have to fill in a tree trunk hole, and cut some brush, before I can get that. Thinking of getting the mower soon, park it way in the back yard, by the woods, and put a tarp over it until I get the building...I want that little tow behind cart too, also can use as a wheel barrow.

So the oil filter conversion came. What the heck do I do with it? Won't have mower until tomorrow. I got some you tubes to look at!

Bubba

Hippie did you install these bearing on a brand new machine?
Mine steers like a zero turn (almost) way better then my old L110.
If you say they do I will order some.
I did. When the X350 came home, I used it a few times and then stumbled upon the bearings. I honestly think it's worth the effort. In most turns, it's a one hand affair. Just makes sense that steel on steel is going to be harder than steel on bearings.

Does the Sweed find it hard to push? LOL

nope

she was raised on a farm and took care of cows , horses , bailed hay , and drove a JD tractor

she would rather walk in the barn barefooted and step in fresh horse manure to feel it squish between her toes than be in the kitchen

and she has mad kitchen skills , her Swedish pancakes are to die for

not so much the lutefisk , yuk!

Last edited:
Here is step by step, I am keeping the new filter on the tractor for most of the 1st season why change it until you have too its brand new.

I swear. After failed delivery #1, where they "forgot to assemble it" I move on to embarrasing failure #2, where they "forgot to put it on truck"........Delivery window, 1:00 to 5:00. 5:00 approaches, I call and learn for first time it isnt coming. Go to store in person with a couple grand for bond money. Nobody gave two hot pooops. "There is no way they will go back to warehouse and deliver it." Don't you want to call and ask. Blank millennial stare. You know the type, looks like a lumber jack, shaved head, beard but a total soft pussay. Is literally trembling.....for what? Bubbas geriatric old dude and he's scared of me, and its his store.

One call to Corporate and an email later, yeah, in Bubba's garage. Yeah, they went back and got it. If I had it to do over, skip the big box store, go to local John Deere dealer and pay a couple C notes more. Well worth it to deal with local owner dealer. Professional set up, etc. Well worth it for no headache.

Bubba

I swear. After failed delivery #1, where they "forgot to assemble it" I move on to embarrasing failure #2, where they "forgot to put it on truck"........Delivery window, 1:00 to 5:00. 5:00 approaches, I call and learn for first time it isnt coming. Go to store in person with a couple grand for bond money. Nobody gave two hot pooops. "There is no way they will go back to warehouse and deliver it." Don't you want to call and ask. Blank millennial stare. You know the type, looks like a lumber jack, shaved head, beard but a total soft pussay. Is literally trembling.....for what? Bubbas geriatric old dude and he's scared of me, and its his store.

One call to Corporate and an email later, yeah, in Bubba's garage. Yeah, they went back and got it. If I had it to do over, skip the big box store, go to local John Deere dealer and pay a couple C notes more. Well worth it to deal with local owner dealer. Professional set up, etc. Well worth it for no headache.

Bubba
I was able to get one delivered no problem , arrived from local big store
The tractors arrive at the store set up by John Deere at the factory and needs no tweaking .
But I always check before starting, and then the deck height for levelness and height adj.
Good aLuck.

I was able to get one delivered no problem , arrived from local big store
The tractors arrive at the store set up by John Deere at the factory and needs no tweaking .
But I always check before starting, and then the deck height for levelness and height adj.
Good aLuck.
Yeah, I need to make (3) 2 inch high wood blocks for the leveling procedure. Of course lumber doesnt come in actual size, so a little hand crafting necessary.

I have the filter conversion kit and 2 quarts of JD oil at the ready. I dont see any need to do it now. After a break-in period, I will change and do it then.

Always did that with car motors. New cam covered with lithium grease, run 3,000 rpm thirty minutes. Then changed oil, including removing the oil pan. New engine parts leave all sorts of metal chips and so forth, a surprising amount sometimes.

Bubba

Yeah, I need to make (3) 2 inch high wood blocks for the leveling procedure. Of course lumber doesnt come in actual size, so a little hand crafting necessary.

I have the filter conversion kit and 2 quarts of JD oil at the ready. I dont see any need to do it now. After a break-in period, I will change and do it then.

Always did that with car motors. New cam covered with lithium grease, run 3,000 rpm thirty minutes. Then changed oil, including removing the oil pan. New engine parts leave all sorts of metal chips and so forth, a surprising amount sometimes.

Bubba
I do not do the break in on these engines , but now I am seeing some folks in the forums are doing a break in change at 8 hrs. I am at 4 now LOL.
A car engine yes more area needs breaking in for sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back