NEW NEW grow going on mystery bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you are right to be concerned about fires. I am a retired Firefighter, 27 years 9 months service, in a city with, at times, the highest arson rate in the country and also called one of, if not the most dangerous city in the country (FBI statistics). So I do have a little experience with fires. Off subject, sorry. Ventilation, fresh air in, stale air out is important to plant health. Heat wise, LED`s are the only way to go. My grow room is in my garage, well insulated, for growing in the winter. In the heat of the summer I do have some heat issues. Can not imagine the heat problems with "hot lights".

When you are feeding your plants, you need to really know how much you are feeding her--i.e. how much is a capful? There is really no advantage to starving the plants--I would work up to full dosage nutes. The newer growth on top is looking a little light in color--a sign she needs food.

I asked several questions that I really need answers for. First of all and this one is the most critical. What kind of Critical Jack seed did you buy? Is it the Fem seed or the Auto seed? Even though they are both called Critical Jack, there is a huge difference in how we treat the plant. For instance, if this is an auto you should not be topping at all, should not be tying it down or doing anything at all that will cause it stress and it will not need to be put into 12/12 light to flower. This is of utmost importance.

If you are concerned about electricity and safety, get a GOOD light meant for growing and quit just putting more CFLs in there--THAT is far more dangerous. All those splitters and extension are a far greater fire hazard than a single light meant for growing. The bottom line is that you are going to need about twice as many watts of CFL light to equal the wattage of a HPS light. So, rather than using less electricity, you are using more electricity and more watts. Rather than being safer it is more dangerous. We are not trying to be asshats, but CFLS are simply not going to produce very much bud and the potency will be lacking. This is a process that takes about 4 months--make it count for something when you are done.

Well THIS SEED i have said i beleive is a mystery seed. I dnt know where it came from beside a bag of tree. The one I ORDERED are the critical jacks and their fem. I keep hearing mixed results from the CFL grows. All over youtube and evem some here looking very nice to me usuing a " much worse " set ups with more splitters and cords. Now i know the set up i got doesnt look very safe but i dont have everything pkugged into the same extension cords as i also was told that can cause problems so ive dispersed them plugged in all over the room. I dont intent tk grow forever with this thing j know its onky got so much kick but im workin on the light. Im not as well blessed with that kinda green then some others even just alittle lol. BUT that wont stop me from getting an LED set ul from ebay or amazon since my local place want almost 500 for a 2 foot led .... the same on on ebay for 250 and other lights i think i like bettwr like that MH and HPS where if im not mistaken the fixture has its own ballast. Ive cpme to the conclusion i am not eletrically knowlagable for all that big wire stuff and thing i dont understand and im trying to just stick with stuff thag i can plug and play if you may... My nute situation is i am building her back up to full strengrh as j saod she got ahold of a time released tab before the new soil and burnt all to hell so low low low nutes i started first and am now raising it slowly. I put alot of work into her. I dont know yet but right now LEDs are my closet and more favored option so just time for me to get the dough for them but thanks as usual for the MJ advice! Be back tomorrow with more to show hopfully

Do not believe everything you see on You Tube. I can point out examples of outright fraud. Anybody can make anything look like they want without it being true. You do need to trust us on this CFL thing. We have your best interest at heart, we are trying to help you grow the best you can, and we have nothing to gain by lying to you.

As far as the electricity thing goes, it is the same for any appliance or device you use in your home...you need to make sure you do not go over the recommended amperage for the wiring you have. Plugging them in all over the room is not going to help because all the outlets in your room are almost certainly on the same breaker. Running extension cords and splitter is more dangerous than 1 light with a remote ballast set up correctly. We are talking about maybe a 400-600w light. Just to compare--water heaters take 4500-5000 watts. A blow dryer 1000-1500W. A dryer 3500W, etc. A grow light will in not way be even close to the highest wattage thing in your home. I think that Yooper can probably tell stories about the danger that extension cords and splitters pose, especially in wet conditions.

Remember that good LEDs are not cheap and cheap LEDs are not good. Absolutely ask for advise before buying any light--there will be someone here that can help you. For my grows, I would not be able to use an LED in the winter. I NEED the heat that the HPS puts out or I would have to add auxiliary heat. I control the heat in the summer by running my lights at night and pulling cool air from my crawl space.

Ok so heres the little gal right now at 751AM and i thinks shes doing pretty good. THE HEMP GODDESS u are right about not beleiving the internet i wanted to make aure as i was feeling confident in the lights i have... im guessing i got only about a week left before i flower her shes really started to grow alot more. The tops are geowing a node everyday and a half and so far there are 4 mains and one under all the brush e right back

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412682520821.jpg

THG,
Outstanding advice, thank you for stressing fire safety. Too many people think it won`t happen to me, **. Fires can, and will happen to anybody. Prevention and foresight is the key.

SNW,
Extension cords and splitters, the less, the better. Heed THG`s advice, she`s NOT gonna steer you wrong. Peace.

Thank you yooper. Already got the ebay app up an running yall make me feel like its a real concern for yall when you could be like add more and she do great blasay blasay i think some of the people want to see what happens the more someone shoves into a 3ft by 7 foot closet just to see what happens but your consern isnt going to waste guys thank yall for thw Luv maybe ill be able to givw somekind of ibfo to you later down the line

Ok guys i gotta problem hopefully the hemp goddess can get straight. MY CHICKEN SHITNESS HAS FINALLY BIT ME IN MY ASSS shes dieing for more food... i dont know how to tell if thats whay it is or if its something else. It looks like N and P deficencies thats whag ive come to think... some please help! Guide me from my chicken **** ways! O

Ok i dont knoe ehy this things not letting me load pics but i will get these damn thjngs up here h watch! ILL DO IT I SWEAR I WILL!

Ok guys THG is right again.... heres my latest today pix of my girl.... shes hurtin alittle today and im positive it the water PH and the Food being diet kinda since i was scared to burn her again. But someone tell me if she locking out things i havent watered yet since i watered just yesturday so when i do water her im gonna throw her a full dose of food and see what happends. If anything im gonna have to get and actual pot and put her in there before flowering bc i feeling like im gonna have to flush her and my holes drain i just dont think that their big enough their 1/2 inch holes tho but i really want a different pot that thing k thought was gonna be easier but its not... ofcorse... bc thats just my luck... heres the pics its onky on 2 leaves both fan leaves and the smallest is the oldest growth on her the other one is 2nd or 3rd oldest... okaayyyyy welll it wont let me load pics anymore.... well not right now anyways. But its light green spotting and blotching ob the oldest leaf and very small almost looks like it was varelt dipped into nail polish but brown not crispy just rough feeling and thats on the 2nd or 3rd oldest leaf on 3 fingers of the leaf until i gwt the abilty to post pics this i hope is good enough for yall to tell me whats going DOWNNNNN lol hit me back! L8rr

Morning y'all its 730 am here in the states and I'm having a huge delema. OK my girls natrualy pissed off at me for making her diet the whole time since she was burnt. So I dried her out REAL GOOD and today I will do a full feeding amount. I'm EXTREMELY worried as shes been burnt before but no nuts time releases here anymore. So what should I do and how to measure using FoxFarms grow big and big bloom together BC one is a buffer for the other.

Decided to make my posts a little smaller. I know I love to talk.... A lot... And I'm sorry for the book posts. But I just have a lot of questions and like talking to my MJ FAM lol anyways today she's lookin a bit worse.... Dropping a lot more today the discoloration is on a third leaf now but JM getting ready to water her with food and in 2 more days time just regular distilled water and then depending on how she takes this feeding I'll do on more feeding and then flower. New lights coming today will post pox of the new set up later. Much Luv!••snwBunie!.... OK well *** is going on now?! 2nd day in a ROM I haven't been able to upload pix... Its not my phone BC it works everywhere else even on other forums so OK sorry guys... I'm gonna get ahold of someone important somehow and ask what's up but leave some luv and info and as always stay steady medicating. Much MJ FAM luv!

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412855214902.jpg

OK so here we go let's see if anyone can tell me if I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed I bought a 65 watt 300 watt cfl the big 8 inch one was last weeks buy for 45 buxx and well u guys see it but today excluded the 8 inch bulb u can see everything else if this going to be good for them in flowering

2-125 watt CFLs 2 red and one blue
1 fluorowing hood
2 33 watt small CFLs.
Then EM-1 microbial innoculant

Will all this be enough for decent nice buds. And in do flowering nutes ? Or just point me the right direction guys. Im gonna have a nice set up while we wait for it to start growing I am thinking I want to Change her over to 12 12 VERYYY SOON so I need all the info I can getO yeah the tiger bloom was going to get today but my hydro guy said its not nessary is BULLSHIT I think I'll wait for someone to tel me anything hope to hear back soon luvs!!

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412885729529.jpg

Ok yall since no ones posting for helpful advice anymore. Im thibking of cutting this grow journal no advice here but i will get things straight thanks everykne see ya later!

plPLEASE DELETE THIS GROW JOURNAL ADMINISTRATER I DONT WANT IT UO NO MORE PLEASE AND THANK YOUUH

Calm down sweetie. Your plant is looking just fine. You have a little light green at the new growth, but overall, the plant is just fine. It is nice and bushy and a pretty nice shade of green.

The microbial inoculant is only going to do good if you are growing organic (grow big is not organic). So, save it for an organic grow. Chemical nutrients will kill the microbes.

If you can take the CFL bulbs back, I encourage you to do it and buy something better. You are now running close to 400W, but only getting half as much usable light as a HPS.

It is a good idea to work your nutrients up slowly and not go from nothing to full doses all at once.

I don't quite know what you mean when you say: "...using FoxFarms grow big and big bloom together BC one is a buffer for the other." What do you mean that one is the buffer for the other?

On the bottles and what ive read so far my nutes are suppoaed to be used like this right?
Grow big and big bloom for vegging big blooms got like a really low number on nutes thats why i said it was a buffer and then big bloom and tiger bloom for flower. Thats how i did it. And i went from hardly any nutes to 1/2 strength and then just yesturday she gotta full strength does. And actually i had to go ahead an start her flowering bc i finally got my seeds which i am gonna finish mt girl now. Anf then sell what i got now to buy a MH HPS compatable hood and then ill just need the tent to throw them ij and poof be by god there i got it a semi pro frow goin lol

So i just triwd to tie my girl down JUST ALITTLE BIT after watering amd CRAK i heard it... the main st split... only alittle bit but enough to notice. What do i do!?!?

Latest posts

Back