NEW NEW grow going on mystery bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNWbunie27

Reaction score
Ok so im first of all a first time grower and honestly doing pretty well. 5.5 weeks old since germination from seed in soil to now has been fast and crazy lol. So shes under a 125 watt BIG *** CfL, in a 4 gallon tub, and not a worry in the world besides i thinknive got fungus gnats. I got a glimps of one bc she was dead sittin ob the hood of my light ... so just yesturday watered with proxide and 3 parts water. To kill the babies, and a fly strip for the flying ones. Ive done made the mistake of ordering critical jack seeds and just read that this strain isnt good for noobs... sativa dominant and strain review says intermedeate grow.... whatcha all think? Anything would be apprieciated any and all info. Oh shed alittle under 10 inches. Just need to know when i should flower i dont want a 6 foot giant just a good sized yeild is all. Shes done made 2 main colas alone on her own and i topped twice. Thanks for any kind of help and hope yall enjoy this southern belles grow and harvest!

**Mrs.SNWbunie27

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412423517725.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412423535364.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412423593084.jpg

Soil gnats ? Try putting a layer of plain sand on top of your soil. 1/2 inch or so, should take care of `em.

That is just new growth, not preflowers. Few strains show at 5 weeks. It does not appear that you have alternating nodes yet. This is generally the first sign of sexual maturity and preflowers usually show soon after that. This is the gneral case, but not all plants develop alternating nodes before preflowers.

The Critical Jack is a hybrid and I didn't see anywhere that it was recommended for experienced growers In fact, kind of the opposite--things I looked up showed it as easy for beginners to grow.

Do you have a flowering space set up? What light are you planning on flowering with?

Your plant looks great. It is nice and green and bushy. Is this a fem seed from Dina Fem?

@the hemp goddess- im thinkjng shes showing pre flowers her 2 tops where i topped her and the split are alternating and thise tiny growth things are showing up everywhere i hope im right lol no offence k want to know if shes a girl lol BUT i read that most dont show so im probably just trippin lmfao and THANK GOD i thought i was gonna die wjth this seed. I went to sizyseeds and one more site looking up discription of critical and one said that it was sativa dom and the othwr said indica but was very dofficult so well see when they get here . I will also post more pics maybe everyone can tell me something j dont know lol . The light j have is a fluoroqing hanging system wjth a 125 watt CFL i bought both light bulbs from my local hydro shop and i am supplimenting with dawn and spring color smaller light bulbs as i notixed shes droooping arounf the bottom. The true sets the oldest leaves are dropped constantly like tthwir wantjng to come off. I dont know if i should take them off or let them be but either way come monday i am thinking about flowering. Unless the goddess has better plans . Shes 6 weeks old in 2 days 10 inches tall and a perdy girl im hoping for a nice size plant bjt not no mknster i only have 6 foot closest ceiling space but Lengtg wise its REALLY LONG... using my favorite space. My walk in closet lmfao uhg how k miss my closest space and dina fem is my next stop critical is from suzyseeds WHISH SHE GAVE TO ME FOR FREE with a promo code. 3 seeds for freeeeee aint mothing better then that. And dina fem os my next stop. Thank yoj so much the hemp goddess. Ur full of info and im greatful for youe help luv!

So your going to flower with a 125 w cfl? It can be done but your not going to get much and its going to be light fluffy buds.

Hellow SNWBunie, welcome to The Passion :) I want to tell you a ffew things here as I don't know how much you know about growing MJ. First, it is a very need specific plant, and it will reward you for giving it as close to the optimum conditions as you can, but the reward is in direct proportion to the conditions. MJ is a very high energy plant that wants a lot of light, and then when you take it to flower, it wants almost twice as much light as during veg. It appears that so far you are giving it enough ffor it to veg well as it looks quite happy and healthy, but when it goes to flower, to get the best results, you will need to go with better suited lighting. As Chasmaine said, you can fflower it with the lights that you have but you will not get anywhere near the reward that you can (without it becoming a giant)

Next, That may be a hybrid that could be stated as Sativa dominant but the structure appears to be Indica dominant. If you are worried about height, the Indica dominant structure shouldn't be a problem as they "typically" dont get that tall, and you have topped it, which seems to be keeping it shorter.

I don't think you should take it to flower yet, unless you don't have the money to get more, better lighting, I would let it get to about 15-20" tall before flipping. Also, it will serve you to allow it to reach full sexual maturity before flipping. I would say 2 more weeks, maybe less.

I meant to ask you iff the container that it is in has holes in the bottom to allow the soil to drain out the excess water. It is vitally important to allow this drainage to occur so that the roots don't drown. What kind of soil are you in? Do you plan to grow "organic" style or "synthetic"?

LOL--I typed a big long reply to you on my tablet and then somehow lost it.

Even though you think that your light looks huge, it is really quite a small light to grow with. Lights of that size are only good for about 2 sq ft. So what this means is that you are not going to be able to just flower your master closet as it is much too large. It might be a good idea to do some reading on what it takes to set up a flowering space--this is where the plant makes certain "demands" that we have to meet or we end up with little bud for all our work. This is going to be the basic requirements of a flowering space:

You need to have 5000 lumens per sq ft. Your light probably outs out around 8000 lumens, which is only good for less than 2 sq ft.
You want bulbs in the 3000K range (red light) for flowering
You need a good exhaust fan, something that will exchange the air in the space every minute or so. You also need an oscillation fan on the plants.
You need a space that you can control the temperature and RH
You need a space that you can keep 100% dark 12 hours a day. This mean 100% dark, with absolutely no light leaks from the door and absolutely no interruptions of the dark period whatsoever, not even for a couple of seconds.

I want to add a word of caution here about following the advise of people at the grow stores. Remember that they are salespeople and their main job is to sell things. Many of them do not even grow. For instance, we would have advised you to get a bigger and better light. While you can veg a small plant with it just fine, it is really inadequate to flower with. I know that the salespeople stress the savings with CFLS, but you really are not saving money at all. CFLs cost more to run than any other type of lights we use to grow and they produce the least. It would take about a dozen of them to light a 4 x 6 walk in closet and even then, the bud production and potency would be lacking.

I can see where you topped your plant, but I really do not see any alternating nodes or sign of sex yet. Five weeks is quite early to show sex, especially if you have done any high stress training like topping. However, you can put a plant into 12/12 before you see preflowers. Most people like to wait until they show sex though. You might want to read up on cloning--it is kind of like getting freed plants. You can make new plants from cuttings. This is another reason to veg until you know the sex of the plant. Cuttings root better when the cutting is taken during flowering.

I have never heard of the place you got your seeds from (Suzy Seeds, I assume you had a typo when you put Sizy Seeds). In checking it out, the Critical Jack comes in auto and fem seeds. So, did you buy the auto or the fem? This is very important as autos are treated very differently than photoperiod seeds. Suzy says the Critical Jack is indica dominant and easy for beginners to grow. Flowering time appears to be 8-10 weeks with 10 weeks looking to be optimal for that indica effect.

Let the leaves fall off by themselves. When the plant has taken everything it can from the leaf, it will drop it. Overwatering can cause drooping leaves. Marijuana likes to go through wet and dry cycles. Do you have drainage holes in your container? How large is it?

@ hush puppy and @ the hemp goddess.

Ok well ive moved her to my Much much MUCH smaller closet space... still very tall but now wayy narrower. And one more thing to add... ive got ONE GAL GOIN lol thats it.. she the only plant under this light and before she was moving so slowly compared to now. I have to raise my light once in the morning and about wveryother day sometimes evwn twice a day. And i also have added more lights with splitters on them to give her more light and direction to open up from. I do plan on buying myself a nice big giant type light (bigger the better i say but so ngs its not hot lol) i just have to get the money saved and opinions from my fellow becoming of my MJ fam. And ive never grown this before but i did read EVERYTHING i could EVERYWHERE i could lol. So i knoe about lollipopping and topping fiming and tieing down... i havent had the balls to tiw her down im to worried ill snap her right off her root ball. but I have come ul with a ghetto fab way ti weight her tall limbs down so they gradually lay the way i want them to and when this is done j will show yall this as well. Im gonna guvw h guys a run down of whats going on and pics i took today. But well start

NOW lol

Ok we knw the light situations ....hmm... ok i got her the FF line of foods. I do 2 cap fulls of the big bloom amd 1 cap of grow big i know thats not very much to a gallon of water but she has YET to show me shes hungry. So im just giving her a little bit twice a week once today and the next thursday morning at 7 thats when i water eve sinxe i got her into soil.
Her container is a cloudy clear tupperwear thing and ofcorse has holes EVERYWHERE bc i dont have a huge thjng to drill big hols i put feels lile millions in the sides and bottom and she drains nicely. Three days ago i water one part proxode to 3 parts water bc of a SINGLE fungus gnat i found an adult one. So instead of waiting to see nasty dead roots i watered her that . And cloneing i want ro do but i got not clue wher to cut and im afraid lol ive given this plabt so much of my time amd affextion i used to garden my whole back uard until the landlord decided ahe was tierd of the veggie forest so lol j started this onel not to mention it keeps my bipolar and anxiety totally away so now my husband an i are way more happier then we hsve been thanx to this ao i dobt see me stoppibg ne time soon either . Nothing but going ul from here kn i guess lol
Ok.... now what else..... i think im going organic.. i use the faucet water left out over night... i have a fan blowing dorectly on to her and during day hours for her the door is cracked to bring the fresh air from the windo next to my closet straight in and one fan bring all her goodness smelly air out .

And her nodes are i think starting to alternate. The tops where i had cut their uneven in growth ones taler then the other not by much but enough to see and the branches and main stem ares likes like a really bad letter M i am going to post pics and get more lights in there and then yall can tell me what kind of light i can fot into the new space. Oh yeah! Before i moved her to her new room i cleand the walls floor everything i thought she might come into contact with with water bleach mix loq in bleach ofcorse. But here are my pics ill get som close up ones too ....oh and one moee thing. Her measurements are

14 inches acrossed and 9 and 3/4 tall. And im very pleased shes only been going 5 weeks and 6 days from soil germination. That pic of the top of my light is trying to show u guys how tight and compact the space is now that i mpved her to this one.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412537992651.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412538010940.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412538043783.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412538080703.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412538243157.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412538289467.jpg

The second pic the measering tapes in CM i didnt flipp it over before the shot was takn LIKE I TOLD MYSELF I WOULD uhg anyhow @ the hemp goddess. I totally know what u meant about typing a big *** responce or post and then POOF all ur hard finger works gone into nothingness and disappeared somehwrre lol. Sucks but thanj you for textjng more to educate me. Thanks to everyone for all the advixe. And one more thjng. What light should i get. I cant get one that gonna rack my electric bill up as j live in a 2 family house with 3 other apartments in it. The bill getting cranked would be horrible mishap on me. So low cost low heat and small enough to jam int my baby closet lol

Given your situation i would consider getting an LED light. the diamond series 300 watt are quality lights for about $370 on amazon. theres also "topledlights" for about half that. theres a few of us on here trying those now but the jury's still out at least for me.
Heres a link to a closet grow i did with the diamond 300w http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65671

Ok everyone so this is what my girls looking like right now. Feeding yesturday and added light has definatly shown its difference today. I will absolutely be buying a better light or just another lamp to jam in there and ome mpre thing... someone can yall help me out i wanna tie her down or just top her again shes been topped once... i also read that everytime u top the buds will get smaller but just as dence? True or not true i have 2 msin tops and a bunch of secondary tops under all the bushy goodness. And yes IM A CHICKEN **** i wanna LST her but im terrified ill snap something right off even though ive see plants on youtube fused back together i feel im not the most luckky with stuff like this but ones gotta start somewhere and it might as well be now. So if someone has info on that aswell or a training video for meid be greatlu appriecative Lol well anyways
Feeding schedual has went frpm 3 day periods to 2 days. Shes drieing out the soil alot faster then before or maybe i have it to hot... my thermometer says its not even 80 in there though... maybe shes getting more hungry ? I dunno but heres the update i like to post everyday pocs if i can then u can see how much she growes per day well atleast i can see it i can defanetyly tell but can you.... first picture down. First pic is the other day not yesturday but the day after. The 2 after that are this morning 7 am .

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412595649678.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412595663656.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412595678268.jpg

I also know there are bald spots where more lights could fit but no extesion cord till later but it will be done.

I also use the Advanced Diamond Series 300 LED lights. On grow #6 with `em. love `em. Remember good LED`s are not cheap and cheap LED`s are not good. So far your plants look healthy, nice and green, no burnt leaf tips. Green karma your way. Peace.

If you want to LST do it an hour or so after watering. your plants not that tall so i wouldnt bend much. Try pulling a branch an inch or two then again next watering.

I also use the Advanced Diamond Series 300 LED lights. On grow #6 with `em. love `em. Remember good LED`s are not cheap and cheap LED`s are not good. So far your plants look healthy, nice and green, no burnt leaf tips. Green karma your way. Peace.
Thanks for the Mj luv and those LED lights ive seen on ebay and amazon... not very bad with price i think... i onky have one plant going if u know or didnt now u do lol but im worried her flowering is gonna be waste if the lights arent right so for now im gonna leave her like this and then 12 12 her im thinking ext week sonce shes perked up alot with just the adding of 2 light bulbs im gonna get 3 more with splitters and that shpuld hold her down until i find a light rhats not complicated like the ome ive got. Built in ballast and light bulb doesnt need gloves or nothing like thag. Im a total FREAK bout electrcity. I do NOT like the thought of being burned down in a house fire or some whacked out crazy **** bc the external ballast over heated or something shorted out catching my plant on fire in tunr killing the 4 family 2 familu apartment building i live in... SO that being said which do u thinj is best for me to get... i was thinking MH but thise get super hot... Exactlu WHAG I DONT WANT i was thinking just keep my light and just suppliment its light with more splitters. Tht way i know works. Thats how she started a power cors strip that fitted 7 33watt cfl kights she stopped growing after i changed it but is back to normal since. But im trying. Ask which light is best for my parinoia .... well adviced parinoia ... i dont need a fire or electricution just lights lol. See how much shes perked up since the feeding and extra lightng... ill be adding more today somehow lol

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1412598590424.jpg

If you want to LST do it an hour or so after watering. your plants not that tall so i wouldnt bend much. Try pulling a branch an inch or two then again next watering.
I watered just yesturday so would she be alright to tie down an inch now?

Latest posts

Back